SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : I do not believe we will see revival

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Hag 2:6 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land;
Hag 2:7 And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts.
Hag 2:8 The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts.
Hag 2:9 The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.

Nothing, quantitatively about the latter house. Only qualitative representation. "Glory shall be greater", not numbers of people shall be greater.

Heb 12:26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
Heb 12:27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

Jer 51:33 For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; The daughter of Babylon is like a threshingfloor, it is time to thresh her: yet a little while, and the time of her harvest shall come.

God is after mature "Sons". Quality not Quantity. He will have what He wants and will present to His Son a Bride and the sign of revival is not churches that are overflowing. If you are looking for that, you will miss the move of God and be dejected.

He is looking for that remnant, freely submitting to His hand in their lives, turning away from all that is not of Him.

There is a shaking coming and has already started. He is shaking everything so that which is not of Him will not stand (survive). We are all experiencing His "shaking" and have an obligation to allow "revival" to take it's course in our lives or else we will be "threshed out".

I am not looking for thousands and millions to fill churches. Rather, I see the majority of so-called Believers blaspheming His name and His ways. Millions fill churches today...so...what does that mean? Does it mean revival? No!

He is calling for those with ears to hear and eyes to see to "Come out of Babylon, not fill it to overflowing". Come out of the worldly, counterfeit church, that is only giving Him lip service.

Relatively speaking, only a small company of men and women will heed His call.

If you understand this you won't be dejected. When has the true Church ever been a majority of professing Believers on earth?

2013/8/23 10:27
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: Relatively speaking, only a small company of men and women will heed His call.

Wrong

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

A great multitude, which no man could number will heed his call...

2013/8/23 11:01Profile

Re:

Colin said : "Entire sanctification when Krautfrau uses it she means "Triplex Via" or the Three-way way.

This process is in three stages according to Fox and other followers of the mystic tradition: purgation, illumination and union or glorification.

While I say the we are justified, sanctified and Glorified but Glorification doesn't happen while on earth.

The Deeper Life movement came about from the Methodists and Holiness Groups and follow in the principle of John Wesley’s teaching of a second work of Grace."

The only difference is that the second bit, second blessing, according to the tradition I am part of, says that it happens in two distinct stages. That's all. The power then the presence of sin is dealt with. All part of the sanctification process only some stick at an earlier stage. Its going deeper into deeper. I am sure it was taught and believed in amongst Weslyans, in fact I am sure of it, he argued with them if I remember rightly. Funny how man gets to a stage then insists there is no other. Well most men that is.

2013/8/23 11:42

Re:

Brenda, respectfully, this thread is about not seeing a quantative move of God as to what we call revival. This is not about entire or complete sanctification.

I ask gently and with respect please post in regard to the OP.

I believe you have asked me to do that in your threads and to the best of my ability gave honored your request.

Bearmaster.

2013/8/23 12:02

Re:

Sorry bear, to me they are the same thing its all about holiness. Whenever someone gets ES'ed and others are convicted through their witness revival pours out. Its how the Hebridean revivals happened through two old women. They convinced Campbell but could have only done it if they were in the blessing themselves. Fox wandered the English countryside alone and others were convinced when he witnessed the blessing to them. Its the whole reason why it does not happen today - unbelief. So what do you think revival is all about then? Can't you see the two are connected?

2013/8/23 12:12

Re: Collin

Brother I respectfully differ with your interpretation of Rev. 7:9.regarding revival in the here and now. The verse may have a future fulfillment depending on your view of Revelation. But revivals or movements of God in the present tend to be qualitative among a small faith remnant.

Scholars have suggested that around a million people were in Jerusalem at the time of Pentacost. But even if one were to say around 100,000 Jews were in Jerusalem at that time. The out pouring of the Spirit in Acts 2 only affected a small remnant of believers at that time. Though a few thousand were saved that is a small number against the backdrop of tens of thousands of Jews on that day.

Even in China and Iran where some marvelous moves of God are taking place. The relative number of believers is small in comparison to the rest of these countries.

Bearmaster.

2013/8/23 12:19
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Psalm 51:10-13 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

The connection between heart purity and b

2013/8/23 12:31Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

A triple post

murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Psalm 51:10-13 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

The connection between heart purity and revival..

2013/8/23 12:32Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy