SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : I do not believe we will see revival

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Revival begins with the individual apart from other's responses to God. It is not dependent upon others being revived.

It would be very nice to see revival in the USA but I seriously doubt we will, at least not of the magnitude one is hoping for. Still, if things get really hard, I mean very hard where one is striped of their security, all their well-being, perhaps then there could be but I doubt it would be wide spread. People have developed such an entitlement mentality over the years that if they do not have coming to them what they think they deserve it could anger and embitter them some more, especially towards God and the people that are his representatives on this earth.

In the meantime we need to keep our eyes focused on the LORD Jesus lest we get snookered into their whorl of deception. The pressure is accelerating.

My understanding and opinion.

ginnyrose

2013/8/22 20:15Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: I do not believe we will see revival

Quote:
Do we need revival? No denying we do. But the church in America is too far gone in its sin to see an awakening from God. Not to mention the American church is prayerless which makes it powerless.

When I read this portion quoted above I was reminded of Moses' failure when he struck the rock instead of speaking to the rock as the Lord commanded him. How did he fail? Listen to his words, "Hear now, ye rebels!" Hope had died. "Must I fetch water out of this rock?" Love had died. He no longer desired their salvation, it had become a tedious thing to lead them to the rock. He was fed up with them, they could sink or swim.

No shepherd goes home alone, he must struggle up the hill with the sheep on his shoulders. Don't give up until God gives up.

In Christ,

Ron

2013/8/22 20:30Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him. Isaiah 59:19

There is a move of God coming, Christ is coming back for a church without spot or wrinkle. So one of the key characteristics of the move of God will be Holiness. That points to a turning of Gods people from there sins to God.

We also find in the end times that there are two types of people Lovers of self and them that loved not their life even unto death. These "that loved not their life even unto death" speak of a people completely surrendered to God.

We also find mentioned another group of people "them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name"

That's what the next Move of God is about it's preparation so that you can get the victory but first that victory must be won in your own personnel life Holiness,and living a crucified life (loving not your life).

Let me say that this move of God will be deeper and more powerful than any other that has come before. I also believe that if God could change my nation during the time of Knox and the reformation under terrible conditions he can also turn the people of my nation back to him.

2013/8/23 7:21Profile
savannah

Re: I do not believe we will see revival

2 Peter 3:11 Therefore, seeing that all these things shall be dissolved, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness...

In holy conduct and piety. That is, this fact ought to be allowed to exert a deep and abiding influence on us, to induce us to lead holy lives. We should feel that there is nothing permanent on the earth that this is not our abiding home; and that our great interests are in another world. We should be serious, humble, and prayerful; and should make it our great object to be prepared for the solemn scenes through which we are soon to pass. An habitual contemplation of the truth, that all that we see is soon to pass away, would produce a most salutary effect on the mind. It would make us serious. It would repress ambition. It would lead us not to desire to accumulate what must so soon be destroyed. It would prompt us to lay up our treasures in heaven. It would cause us to ask with deep earnestness whether we are prepared for these amazing scenes, should they suddenly burst upon us. - A. Barnes

2013/8/23 7:42Profile

Re:

When the enemy shall come in, like a flood the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him. Isaiah 59:19

I altered the comma which I am at liberty to do as it is not in the original.

I have always found that God waits until things are really bad before He intervenes and things are pretty bad in all of of the denominations. In the future I think the last 60 years and counting, will be known as a dark age.

There will be no move of God until the full gospel is accepted and people are truly entirely sanctified. As this doctrine is attacked and its preachers discredited, the darkness will continue.

2013/8/23 8:30
proudpapa

Re:

Hi krautfrau,

krautfrau wrote /// There will be no move of God until the full gospel is accepted and people are truly entirely sanctified. As this doctrine is attacked and its preachers discredited, the darkness will continue.///

When you use the phrase "entire sanctification" are you implying anything other than entrance into the "deeper life", or would you define the "deeper life" as something separate ?

2013/8/23 8:55Profile

Re:

Hi proudpapa

Entering into the deeper life or His rest is what I mean yes. The place where the power and even the presence of sin is removed.

2013/8/23 9:05

Re: Coming Back on Track

Saints before this thread gets off track let us go back to the OP. I made the observation that the church in America and by implication America itself will not see revival. I mean revival where in times past God moved in a mighty way, the Spirit was present, the gospel preached, souls were saved, and believers ferverenly served Christ. I speak as something akin to Acts 2.

In ny generation the last credible national move of God was the Jesus Movement. From coast to coast the Holy Spirit moved in marvelous ways bringing many of the so called baby boomers to faith and life in Jesus Christ. Some who are still faithfully serving Jesus. I only pray I be one of them.

But for some who believe there will be this mighty move of God in America that will fill up the churches and stadiums. I gently tell you that it will not be. And dear friend I speak not as an angry watchman or a bitter old man who has no faith. But I speak as a brother who has tried to walk with Christ faithfully for the last 40 plus years. I speak as one who sees the reality of the world around him slipping into a greater darkness.

Gosh Bear! Any hope. Yes indeed there is hope! That hope is Jesus! That is Christ in you, the hope of glory! For Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. That same Jesus who brought hope to us in the Jesus Movement and brings hope to the persecuted will bring hope to a faithful few in Amerca.

Bearmaster.

2013/8/23 9:42
MaryJane

Re:

I believe it doesn't really matter what "I" think or "see" with my eyes, GOD is always moving and working and so I will keep obeying and praying for the lost. All of heaven sings and rejoices when one lost lamb is found!!

God bless
maryjane

2013/8/23 10:05Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Entire sanctification when Krautfrau uses it she means "Triplex Via" or the Three-way way.

This process is in three stages according to Fox and other followers of the mystic tradition: purgation, illumination and union or glorification.

While I say the we are justified, sanctified and Glorified but Glorification doesn't happen while on earth.

The Deeper Life movement came about from the Methodists and Holiness Groups and follow in the principle of John Wesley’s teaching of a second work of Grace.

2013/8/23 10:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy