SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : I do not believe we will see revival

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

I do not believe we will see revival

For the last few years I have prayed for revival with well meaning intercessors. I have prayed in venues ranging from church venues to con calls. I am coming to the conclusion that God is not going to bring revival to America or to the American church.

Do we need revival? No denying we do. But the church in America is too far gone in its sin to see an awakening from God. Not to mention the American church is prayerless which makes it powerless. In the Old Testament one would say Ikabob were wrtten over the American church. In the New Testament one would say the American church has had her candlestick removed.

The rising and approval of homosexuality in the church and nation should tell us that God has withdrawn His hand from us.

In God's mercy we have experienced revival in America in times past. But that mercy of God may have come to an end.

So what are we to do? I remember talking with a man of God years ago. I asked him if he thought we would ever see revival? His response was we would see revival. But it would not be like what we had in times past. He said the next revival would be a "qualtative" revival of holiness with a small remnant. He also added that the next revival would be set against the backdrop of persecution. 

Thus our prayers should be more focussed on being more like Jesus himself. Here we will surely see God answer our prayers.

My thoughts.

Bearmaster.

2013/8/22 10:31
hulsey

Missouri

Re: I do not believe we will see revival

Hi Bearmaster,

Here is a sermon that I hope will encourage you:

http://www.eternalweight.com/the-great-apostasy

Scroll down to the sermon by Jeff Colon called:

STANDING WITH THE FEW.

Greg, Brother I didn't see this sermon on SI. I think it would be an excellent addition.

2013/8/22 11:58Profile
dohzman

I understand

I understand how you feel, however, I believe that there will be a genuine revival in America, it will come in ways and through vessels that may fly under the radar and during times of great upheaval in society, when a whole bunch of stuff is happening all at once, but true revival nonetheless. The bride will be dressed and ready for her husband to be sure, I do not think it wise to look at past revivals or awakenings of the past and expect the same in the sense of comparisons, however there will always be some things common to all revivals, deep repentance and devotion to Jesus being among that list(if you look at characteristics). Remember among one of the last acts in Sodom was the blinding of the corrupt of that community before judgement came from Heaven, I see the same blinding going on now in America...Than came the purging by fire of course.

2013/8/22 12:39Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: I understand

God is not wanting a revival that will restore the american dream with more morals. God wants souls in His kingdom and His Church to be a counter-cultral agent standing for righteousness and the values of His kingdom.

The Bride of Christ will not be mixed with politics and other worldly systems but will be for the Lord alone. This is the revival that will happen world-wide before the end of the world where God will assemble those who have an allegiance to the Lamb of God alone in every nation and people group.

2013/8/22 12:47Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Thanks brother Jeremy just added the message:

Standing With The Few by Jeff Colon
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=24612&commentView=itemComments

Description: It was a time of national apostasy when Hezekiah came to power. The northern tribes of Israel had just been carried off into exile by the Assyrians; none but a remnant of poor people remained. But Hezekiah was determined to institute reforms in Judah, the first of which would be the Passover. Messengers were sent throughout Israel inviting the people to return to the Lord. Most of the people rejected the invitation and abused the messengers; only a few responded.

2013/8/22 13:13Profile
Solomon101

America's Heartand

Re:

nm - double posted.

2013/8/22 13:26Profile
Solomon101

America's Heartand

Re:

Quote:
I do not believe we will see revival

Bearmaster (or anyone for that matter) I greatly encourage you to read Finney's Revival Lectures. You may , or may not, agree with every detail of Finney's theology. That is in no way the point. What IS the point is that he was in a similar... in fact in many ways far worse... spiritual climate that we are today. These are exactly the times we SHOULD be looking for God to move. I won't say more of those writings but encourage you to read them. It will give you a whole different outlook I think.

I also highly recommend several message series here on SI by J. Edwin Orr. Undoubtedly one of the greatest revival historians ever. Listen to his knowledge on revival in the early colonies, the Great Wakening, etc. You will be shocked... and encouraged.

Also here on SI listen to Duncan Campbell's testimony and the many messages about what happened at the Hebrides revival. Again, you will be shocked and encouraged.

MOST IMPORTANTLY IN MY MIND - Listen primarily to men and women on this topic that have been used by God as vessels in great revival. All people have opinions.... but the ones I mentioned have experience. The ones I listed are people that God used in the fore front of His outpourings. They know of which they speak.

There are hundreds of folks that will post their opinions here in the forums. However, virtually none of them have ever had the responsibility of being called by God to be at the fore front of an outpouring. They are just expressing opinions... often based upon total ignorace of the actual facts that accompany those situations. They mean well....but are clueless.

Be very careful about listening to those who have no first hand experience and knowledge on this count. Heed well the words and lessons of those that do.

It is a fearful thing to see God begin pouring out a sovereign move of His Spirit when you are in the leadership. So often the prayer is simply, "God help me... oh God do not let me fail or hinder your work". It is a fearful thing to know that your obedience/disobedience may be a key in the continuation of His blessings or withdrawal of them. It is in ways terrifying to realize that hundreds or thousands may come to Christ, or be hindered, by the degree of your submission and character.

I encourage you....go to those who have walked and know the way. The Word of God and their testimonies are enough to encourage you I am certain!

Be Blessed!

2013/8/22 13:27Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Some of the greatest revivals in history have come at some of the darkest times where there was great moral declension in both the Church and the world.

We should always pray and not faint or give up. I agree with Greg that God's will is not to restore the American dream, but God will restore and heal a nation where there is true repentance from the church in that nation, and where the conditions are met. God's promise is still that if His people would meet the conditions as listed in 2 Chronicles 7:14, that He would heal the land.

Bear, the reason why we desperately need revival is that the Church in this nation is in pitiful shape, but there is a remnant in this nation that can turn things around.

Mike

2013/8/22 16:38Profile
savannah

Hosea 4:1-3 Sons of Israel, hear the Word of Jehovah, for Jehovah has a quarrel with those living in the land; for there is no truth, and no mercy, and no knowledge of God in the land. Swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and the committing of adultery increase. And blood touches against blood. On account of this the land shall mourn, and every one living in it shall droop, with the beasts of the field and the birds of the heaven; yes, also the fish of the sea shall be removed.

Hosea 4:9-19 And it will be, Like people, like priest. And I will visit their ways on them and repay them for their deeds. For they shall eat and not have enough. They shall fornicate and not increase, because they have ceased heeding Jehovah. Fornication and wine and new wine take away the heart. My people seek advice by their wooden idols, and their rod declares to them. For the spirit of harlotry has led them astray, and they fornicated from under their God. They sacrifice on the tops of the mountains and burn incense on the hills, under oak and poplar and terebinth, because its shade is good. On account of this, your daughters shall prostitute, and your brides shall commit adultery. I will not punish your daughters when they fornicate, nor your brides when they commit adultery. For the men themselves go aside with harlots, and they sacrifice with temple prostitutes. The people who do not understand are thrust down. Israel, though you fornicate, do not let Judah become guilty. And do not come to Gilgal, nor go up to Beth-aven, nor swear, As Jehovah lives. For Israel rebels, like a rebellious heifer. Now Jehovah will feed them as a lamb in a roomy place.
Ephraim is joined to idols. Let him alone.
Their drink is sour. They are continually fornicating. Her shields dearly love shame.
The wind binds her up in her wings, and they shall be ashamed because of their sacrifices.

Hosea 5:3,4 ...Israel is defiled. Their doings will not give them to turn to their God. For the spirit of fornication is in their midst, and they do not know Jehovah. Hosea 6:10 I have seen a horrible thing in the house of Israel: the fornication of Ephraim is there; Israel is defiled.

Ezekiel 14:14-23 And though these three men were in its midst, Noah, Daniel, and Job, by their righteousness they should deliver only their souls, declares the Lord Jehovah.
If I make evil beasts go through the land, and they bereave it, and it is desolate, so that no one would go through because of the beasts, though these three men were in its midst, as I live, declares the Lord Jehovah, they would deliver neither sons nor daughters; they would only deliver themselves, but the land would be desolate. Or if I bring a sword on that land and say, Let a sword go through the land, and I will cut off man and beast from it; even though these three men were in its midst, as I live, declares the Lord Jehovah, they should not deliver sons or daughters, but they only would deliver themselves. Or if I send a plague into the land and pour out My fury on it in blood, to cut off from it man and beast; though Noah, Daniel, and Job were in its midst, as I live, declares the Lord Jehovah, they would deliver neither son nor daughter; they by their righteousness would deliver only their souls.
For so says the Lord Jehovah, How much more when the four of My evil judgments: sword, and famine, and evil beast, and plague I send on Jerusalem, to cut off from it man and beast! Yet, behold, there shall be left in it escaping ones that shall be brought out, sons and daughters. Behold, they shall come to you, and you shall see their way and their doings. And you will be comforted for the evil which I have brought against Jerusalem, for all which I have brought upon it. And they will comfort you when you see their way and their doings. And you will know that not in vain I have done all that I did in it, declares the Lord Jehovah.

I am very aware that America doesn't = Israel, but may this word be addressed to the 'Sons of Israel'(Hos. 4:1),those who are of the faith of Abraham.

2013/8/22 17:30Profile

Re:

If we write-off the lukewarm and backslidden then how can we believe revival can even come to our own lives?

2013/8/22 18:00

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy