SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Regrets..

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
OnwardUpward

Regrets..

Possibly the greatest regret one could have on the Judgement day is, "Why didn't I trust Him?!" Alas! It will be too late then!

2013/8/22 5:16Profile
romanchog

Re: Regrets..

My husband wrote this note in his Bible, above the passage in Matthew 22:37-39:
"One moment after your death you will realize that the most important thing of your life was: Did you love GOD with all your life? Did you live to please HIM?"

I think that sometimes we don't realize how real this is. Eternity is now. It has already started. It does not start when we die. This also my husband taught me.

Live in the jealousy of the LORD. He is jealous. He wants ALL of us, all our heart, mind, soul and strength. ALL. Anything in us that is not His is adultery.

2013/8/22 9:55Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Regrets..

I often have to think of those people who were so involved in ministry that they will miss heaven. These are people who are so involved, even performing miracles, but on that day they will hear, "I never knew you. Depart..." Can you imagine the anguish? I try and it is indeed fearful. Very dreadful.

2013/8/22 20:20Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Natilie,

GOD HELP US !

Every word you wrote is: SO TRUTH !

Thank you Lord for your Word of deep TRUTH.

Blessings upon Blessings,
elizabeth

2013/8/22 21:51Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re:

Godly sorrow produces repentance that leads to salvation without regrets.

2 Corinthians 7:10, worth a good review. Scores of Christians live with permanent regret, chronic depression- because they do not know His word and fail to lay hold of promises like this.

2013/8/23 0:31Profile
OnwardUpward

Re:

romanchog - "Eternity is now". Thank you sister!

Ginnyrose - To hear the words "I never knew you" from the Lord is Hell itself. I am reminded of the lyrics of Rock of Ages..

While I draw this fleeting breath
When mine eyes shall close in death
When I rise to worlds unknown
Behold Thee on Thy Judgment Throne
Rock of Ages cleft for me
Let me hide myself in Thee.

In everyday life, dealing with regrets is a real battle. This is because, though the reasons for our regrets can be confessed and taken as a lesson from the Lord, the consequences of our sins and wrong choices continue to be there around.

As Paul says in Hebrews 12,
"let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith",

we need to trust God and look unto Him. It is a walk, a race, a battle. But our Lord will win it for us.

A friend of mine sent the following points from a daily devotional mail.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- It’s not our righteousness but His that makes us whole.
- Your life can never be fixed in a day. You have to be prepared to invest in it focusing on Jesus.
- Dig out the roots of your problem and get rid of them.
- Freedom doesn’t come out of striving, but by resting in God.
- Guilt is not the solution, running back to Jesus is!
- Regret is not enough, only the persistent pursuit of God transforms.
- Daily renewal of your mind is the key!
Take hope. Be sure. Stand upright.
Lean on Him. He is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy! ( Jude 1:24)
Through Jesus you are an over-comer too!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amen. It is the only way.

Angelin

2013/8/23 4:14Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy