SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : "PREACHERS OF L.A." - Your Comments? -Andrew Strom.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 "PREACHERS OF L.A." - Your Comments? -Andrew Strom.

Some Christians want to stop this new Reality TV show from going
to air - "Preachers of L.A." But I say, "Let it be shown!" After all,
these are actual preachers, typical of so many today, with their
fancy houses and flashy cars. They wanted this Reality show,
they wanted to flaunt all this stuff - let America see the kind of
preachers she is producing these days! Why should this remain
hidden? Let the whole church know the full extent of how far things
have fallen. Please take a look at the trailer for "Preachers of LA"
at our website below. Should it be banned or not?-

Watch it here-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml8bQDnnkKk

2013/8/21 12:35Profile
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

Re: "PREACHERS OF L.A." - Your Comments? -Andrew Strom.

If this was actually being shown to the church so that the church could see how far it has fallen, I could see his point. However, the real church will not watch this filth! Sadly, many who know nothing about the church will think that all preachers only concerned with getting rich and becoming popular. Those who already have a bias aginst the church will only have more ammunition.

The fact that church members want this show banned is a positive sign that not all christians in America have gone off the deep end.

We need another Great Awakening.

2013/8/21 14:43Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

I believe strongly God is going to judge this Christianity. This was shared prophetically by brother Brian Long in his message at a conference:

A Plain Vision for the Church and Coming Persecution by Brian Long
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=24077&commentView=itemComments

2013/8/21 17:16Profile
Jeremy221

I saw the clip last night when it came up in related videos of an Art Katz sermon. It seems to be aired on Oxygen, Oprah Wimpry's cable channel which is ironic because Oprah taught a similar 'gospel' without naming Christ. It's also interesting because Art so strongly warns about false teachers, prophets and apostles that those who see it may be lead to hear the truth through Art and brought to conviction and repentance. Praise God! What the Satan would use to destroy the Church, God can use for His own glory.

2013/8/21 19:36Profile
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

I do believe that there are still many in America who will recognize these men for what they are - wolves!

2013/8/21 21:10Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

I saw the preview for it about two months ago and just shook my head, God have mercy.

Quote:
Should it be banned or not?-

I do not think that, as Christians, we can whine in order to ban this show OR they will return the favor and ban the good Godly shows (if ever there are any on TV!!).

Whether we like it or not, freedom of religion means exactly that - freedom for all religions false and true.

God bless,
Lisa

2013/8/22 0:04Profile
PQ

Europe

Art Katz said
"Why is the church so itchy and always wanting to find something to do? Why must it always have a program? It needs to justify its existence precisely because it does not
see its existence in any other terms but in responding and meeting the things that are immediate and about them.
It has not seen what would have given it its security and
foundation in God, namely, the taking up of the eternal purpose. It would have freed it from the necessity and the itch to do and to perform.I cannot say enough to register this upon our spirits. If this does not find a place in our
hearts and our understanding, then we are crippled in our service for God as well as our knowledge of God.
We need to understand the cosmic context of the entire faith itself. We need to understand that there is a drama of a moral and cosmic kind that has had its inception from the beginning and that is moving toward its conclusion. The final thing is to be fulfilled by the church itself.
Since the church does not float in the air, but rather has its being on the earth, God created the earth in order that through the church a certain demonstration could be made. In other words, our whole view of creation has got to be related to our whole view of redemption.
God did not create all things in order that we could enjoy the benefits of the earth, although it has been given to be enjoyed. His purpose is that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might be demonstrated to the principalities and the powers of the air.
This was in accordance with the eternal purpose which He carried out in Christ Jesus our Lord. This is the eternal purpose of God for creation and for the church. The church
that chooses to be ignorant of the eternal purpose of God and does not give itself to that purpose as the first and foremost purpose for its being, is, by that selfsame thing, not the church. The church that is indifferent to the eternal purpose of God, let it be however impressive in every other way, is not the church in any apostolic and prophetic sense, which is to say, in any authentic sense.
In order to be the church that is the church in truth, we must embrace the eternal purpose of God, even though we do not see any practical consequence for doing so. It does not in any way serve our purposes. It does not aid mankind. It does not seem to alleviate any present ill in the world. It is altogether a mystery of a demonstration to the principalities and powers of the air. The church that
is willing to do this demonstrates thereby the manifold wisdom of God.
That is the wisdom of God."

2013/8/22 6:29Profile
PQ

Europe

The Church is always a 'We'

The Church must accept the full counsel of GOD and quit continuing to justify poverty and sickness.

Great men like David Wilkerson and Art Katz were strongly against poverty and sickness amongst believers.
Yet, they also preached the eternal purposes of GOD.

Our focus should not be on the houses or cars of these Preachers. Our focus must be on the eternal purposes of GOD.
That is why i posted Art Katz comments above.

pq*

2013/8/22 6:41Profile
dohzman

Just not sure

I do not believe that exposing the nakedness of the preachers in front of the "world" is profitable for the community of true believers. That would be like taking a brother to court before a judge. If in deed these are really christians or maybe they are just christian in name only. The DISCIPLES were called christians first in...(location)(book of Acts)...look it up, Jesus said by this shall ALL men know that you are MY DISCIPLES, by the LOVE you have one to another. There is a whole lot that passes for the label of christian, but very little that will hold up to the fire of genuine agape love placed against ones character. It amazes me how in many christian circles we can quote everything but the very basics of Jesus' teachings like if you'll be my DISCIPLE you must take up your cross deny yourself and follow me".(loose translation)
It is not an easy walk, I'll admit. But a show like this will be very damaging almost like when ambassadors from Israel had their beards cut in an open show of public humiliation. Not good. And for those men who participated in this production, shame on them.

2013/8/22 12:25Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy