SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : PRESS ON

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

PRESS ON

I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me ……….. But one thing I do:
Forgetting…... what is behind and…... straining toward what is ahead. I press on….. toward…. the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus
Philippians 3:12-14 ……….. Paul sees himself as a runner in a race exerting all his strength and pressing on with intense concentration in order not to fall short of the goal that Christ has set for his life. Throughout our lives all kinds of distractions and temptations , such as life's worries, riches and evil desires, threaten to choke off our commitment to the Lord what is needed is a " Forgetting what is behind." and straining towards what is ahead. Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easel entangles, and let us run with perseverance the grace marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus. Run with " Perseverance" with patience and endurance.
pressing on to the finish line throwing off every sin that so easily entangles us, don't give up and yield to sin. Keep fixing your eyes on Jesus. despite difficulty, hear the word, retain it, and persevering until you produce your crop Let each of us ask : What is happening in my life? Am i being caught up more and more int temporal things of life? or are the word of God and heavenly things becoming more important to me. Don't look back and don't stop anywhere along your journey. Remember Lot's wife,? Whoever tries to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.

2013/8/21 9:09
Sree

Re: PRESS ON

Praise God for our elder brother Jesus Christ on whom we can have our eyes fixed in this race. I have seen in families with many children in which the younger ones try to follow the path of elder. My elder sister was my motivation in college to study well as she was a gold medalist in college. Same way in our spiritual life our elder brother has entered the vile, we too have this ambition to enter following his way.

2013/8/21 10:01Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy