SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Man Carries 8 ft. Cross

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
moreofHim

Man Carries 8 ft. Cross

I've got the most amazing news!

My husband meets with some believers every Tuesday for lunch. These guys are what we would consider surface Christians. They don't really have their eyes open, is what I'd like to say.

Dan has been getting them to read Oswald Chambers every week and they discuss it on Tuesday. Some of the guys are resistant to the change, to the "going deeper". They think it is negative and down.

Dan has given some of them a few c.d.s (sermons) to listen to. Last week he gave them the John Macarthur sermon on the difference between a Man-centered gospel and a Christ-centered gospel.

Mainly that : we are to pick up our cross, deny ourselves and follow Him.

Only two of the guys admitted to listening to it. They are still very much into the shallow gospel like PDL.

Dan started getting into a slightly heated conversation with one guy who particularly did not like Oswald Chambers this week. He said "OZ was a downer last week and now he is a downer again this week". I thought the christian life was supposed to be good and happy and one an even platuea- not this peaks and valleys, etc....

Someone looks out the window of the pizza place they are in, and says "hey, there's a guy walking down the street carrying a cross!"

And there was. I know who this man is. I have talked with via email before. His name is Ken and he does these crosswalks as evangelism. Very humble sweet guy.

One of the men said that was the stupidest thing he has seen. that it looked like a joke for Christians to do this.

Right away, Dan said "O, i know about this man. he is a really great guy. it's is a very bold thing for him to do!"

So they went out and invited him to come into their lunch meeting.

Ken talked and explained why he did what he did. he said that he prays over all the areas he walks through. he told them about the ridicule he gets and people shout things at him. (even that if they had some rope they would tie him to that cross). he explained that if people are that hostile now just seeing him walk with this cross, how must it have been for Jesus. he was not afraid to be ridiculed for Jesus' sake.

he told them also that as he prays through certain towns, if the spiritual oppression is heavy, he feels it and prays all the more. he told the guys that he felt alot of oppression through Florence, which is the main city we are near.

This whole thing blew the guys away at this meeting. They all prayed over Ken before he left. I am sure it made a huge impact on them.

I mean what are the odds, that here is Dan trying to get the point across to these guys that it's about carrying your cross and following after Jesus-- and here comes this man walking down the street with his own 8ft. cross.

What a miracle! What a statement from the Lord to these men! They all promised to go home and listen to the sermon also :)

here is Ken's site if you'd like to see what he's about http://www.nkysaved.org/

he happens to be doing a holy week walk right now where he walks from the 21st to the 23rd!

Praise God for His amazing way of doing things!

In Him, Chanin

2005/3/22 13:22Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Man Carries 8 ft. Cross

Quote:
I mean what are the odds, that here is Dan trying to get the point across to these guys that it's about carrying your cross and following after Jesus-- and here comes this man walking down the street with his own 8ft. cross.

That is simply amazing Chanin! God definetly is long suffering towards us to show us tangibly the truth of the gospel and the Cross of Christ. That is quite a radical ministry but I can sense how the Lord is using it to bless others. Man its great to hear how God does miricales daily in our lifes.. :-)

2005/3/22 13:27Profile
moreofHim

Re: man w/cross

Yes, it is amazing!

Here is an article from the Kentucky post about him. This is from 2002, but it gives you an idea:

http://www.kypost.com/2002/aug/14/kycross081402.html

2005/3/22 13:31Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Yeah there is a guy in Fayetteville, Arkansas that is known to walk around with a huge cross. I think his has wheels on it to help him..

2005/3/22 14:44Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy