SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : THEY LAID DOWN THEIR ARMOR by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 THEY LAID DOWN THEIR ARMOR by David Wilkerson

"And when Moses saw that the people were naked; (for Aaron had made them naked unto their shame among their enemies:) then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the Lord's side? Let him come unto me" (Exodus 32:25-26).

The Hebrew word used here for naked is para, meaning “to loosen, expose, dismiss.” It also implies "a new beginning."

A modern beer commercial admonishes this generation to "turn it loose tonight." It simply means to throw off past moral inhibitions, shake free of all law, begin pleasing yourself. Do your own thing, whatever makes you happy.

Merely taking off their clothes was not corruption; it was the signal, the message they were sending to the heathen looking on. Can you see the Amalakites on the surrounding mountains, far off, looking on this peculiar scene? These enemies, who had trembled when they saw God at work among them, now laughed and mocked, "Look at them. They are just like us! Their God has no power. They don't even trust in Him! They want to lust and party and play just like all the rest of us. What hypocrisy!"

In that one act of nakedness they belittled their God in the eyes of the ungodly! They made God seem heartless, cruel, uncaring and helpless. They besmirched the honor and majesty of an omnipotent God. They were no longer an example, no longer admired or feared or respected.

They had laid their armor down to party! They put in jeopardy God's plans for their salvation. They were saying to the world, “We don’t want to fight any more enemies! We don’t want to resist! We have had enough of rejection, of sacrifice, of future hopes and far-off blessings. We want to live now! We want to enjoy ourselves! We want the good times to roll."

The corruption was this: This was to be their new beginning. No more combat! If they were going to have to exist in a hard, cruel wilderness, then they would quit the struggle and make do the best they could—on their own.

2013/8/20 12:20Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re: THEY LAID DOWN THEIR ARMOR by David Wilkerson

I've been studying the armor of God that Paul told us to put on. I think we don't understand it fully as a church. I don't. Ephesians 6:13 Talks of it. In verse 14 it describes it as being what makes you stand in the evil day. I'm pretty sure that that is supernatural standing.

I know Jesus used the sword of the spirit when he canted God's word back to Satan and Satan left. I found this armor used in Judges and also I saw it mentioned In Isaiah but can't recall where. I believe that this armor enabled Jesus to endure the cross. He was able to stand, and not in his own strength.

There's more here than meets the eye in Ephesians. It appears that in order to stand we need to have this. Jesus returns with his armor on. Will we too? Or do we really know what it is?

Let's all pray over this. It's so easy to read over passages. The word is part of our armor. I see some realism in it.

2014/1/1 21:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy