SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I am wondering

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rainydaygirl

I am wondering

if we are told in the Bible that we only have today and not to worry about tomorrow then do you think it is wrong to ask questions based on made up scenarios of possible future persecutions that may come to this country. i was thinking about this because of what people were saying in another thread and it got me thinking to. if Jesus tells us not to be troubled about wars, famines, earthquakes, ect. do you think it is wise for Christians to get so caught up in imagining what might happen some day in the future?

i am not saying i doubt that Christians will face persecution i just wonder what does in really profit us in our walk with Jesus today to get so caught up in thinking about what might happen to the point that we are asking questions based on a maybe? if we are walking all the time with Jesus then shouldn't we trust that He will take care of us in the times ahead no matter what?

rdg

2013/8/18 10:19Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: I am wondering

I think there is a great difference between considering and planning for the future and obsessing over it. I do not plan on having to deal with a natural disaster in my town, yet I sometimes consider the possibility and think about how I might need to react. That is, I think, prudence. But that is a far cry from becoming obsessed with the possibility.

2013/8/18 10:50Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Stuff happens

Worry? Unscriptural, unhealthy, and unwise. But that said, we keep our gastanks in the cars above half, important documents and a little cash in buckets easily thrown in the car, some canned food and bottled water close by. My important computer data is in an external hard drive, grab and go.

We live in a fire zone, and have had to evacuate in the past, just prepared for some of the stuff crazy unbelievers might throw at us- putting our trust in God and our distrust in men.

But worry? What in the world is there to worry about??

2013/8/18 15:08Profile
Sree

Re: I am wondering

Quote:

f we are told in the Bible that we only have today and not to worry about tomorrow then do you think it is wrong to ask questions based on made up scenarios of possible future persecutions that may come to this country.

I have never taken part in this pre-trib and post-trib discussion.
Did Jesus warn about the persecution to come? The answer is YES. If all we need to do is to walk with Jesus then why should someone warn us of the future? The reason is that Satan can fool us and make us cold instead of being Hot and ever ready for God. The reason why the date of second coming is hidden from men is God wants to know those who are faithfully waiting as citizens of Heaven walking with Jesus everyday, instead of taking it lightly.

If Jesus himself has warned us then why should we not warn the coming generation of the persecution to come? New covenant Prophesy itself is to warn the Church of the schemes of Satan in the coming weeks so that they will be ready. That is why God has placed Prophets in Churches.

2013/8/19 1:16Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

thanks for the reply posts. I get what is being said about warning others.

rdg

2013/8/19 7:32Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re:

Well said Sree!

I expect both to be sent in to battle, and equipped to fight.

2013/8/19 20:59Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy