SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : If You Send To Gmail, You Have 'No Legitimate Expectation Of Privacy'

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 If You Send To Gmail, You Have 'No Legitimate Expectation Of Privacy'

If you happen to send an email to one of the 400 million people who use Google's Gmail service, you shouldn't have any expectation of privacy, according to a court briefing obtained by the Consumer Watchdog website.
In a motion filed last month by Google to have a class action complaint dismissed, Google's lawyers reference a 1979 ruling, holding that people who turn over information to third parties shouldn't expect that information to remain private.

From the filing (emphasis added):
Just as a sender of a letter to a business colleague cannot be surprised that the recipient’s assistant opens the letter, people who use web-based email today cannot be surprised if their communications are processed by the recipient’s ECS provider in the course of delivery. Indeed, “a person has no legitimate expectation of privacy in information he voluntarily turns over to third parties.” Smith v. Maryland, ...

read more: http://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/GOOGLE-If-You-Use-Gmail-You-Have-No-Legitimate-4730587.php

2013/8/15 11:52Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re: If You Send To Gmail, You Have 'No Legitimate Expectation Of Privacy'

Yahoo has the same issue:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57587463-38/the-yahoo-e-mail-privacy-flap-that-wasnt/

A friend of mine who works in high level programming let me know that absolutely nothing that is sent over the internet is private. It is my understanding that the same is true for voice, text and fax transmissions. None of it is actually private.

2013/8/15 12:54Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Interesting and disturbing.

2013/8/15 13:07Profile

Re:

Are there any options for private emails?

Bear.

2013/8/15 13:20
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

When my children were younger I told them not to put anything in writing they wouldn't want their mother to read.

Now I am older. I don't want to put anything in writing (or say or think or do)I wouldn't want the Lord to read. Others don't matter. I only answer to Him.
REJOICE! =)
Mary

2013/8/15 14:17Profile

Re:

The most realistic option for achieving private e-mails is to have a set of private and public encryption keys. The private key is held by the sender and the public ket is attached to every e-mail sent. The recipient also has to have a set of keys of their own as well. This then allows both sent and received e-mails to be encrypted which makes for privacy between the sender and the recipient. For this to meaningfully work believers have to take their security seriously and encourage one another to get a set of keys.

If any one wants to get a set then I can initiate a generation process on a key encryption certificate server and the process will be fully automatic from that point on as far as issuing the Security Encryption Keys.

There are a few configuration issues and most likely this will mean using an SMIME e-mail client rather than using the usual auto configuration service provided by GMail and some other providers. This is however really very simple and again if I know the e-mail client of preference and the OS platform (Windows, Linux or Mac OS X) it will be very easy to accomplish.

Or go to GlobalSign and look into their Personal Sign 1 Service. If there is support I would be happy to setup a certificate issuing authority just for believers which could be completely free of charge. Otherwise the usual cost of purchasing a set of keys is around $15.00 per annum.

2013/8/15 14:21

Re:

Quote:
by SHMILY on 2013/8/15 11:17:40

When my children were younger I told them not to put anything in writing they wouldn't want their mother to read.

Now I am older. I don't want to put anything in writing (or say or think or do)I wouldn't want the Lord to read. Others don't matter. I only answer to Him.
REJOICE! =)
Mary

There are many things that my mother can read that I don't want Google, NSA, IRS, FBI, HUD, Homeland Security or FEMA to read.

2013/8/15 17:33

Re:

Lorddoitagain,

It is true that nothing is private, anymore.

2013/8/15 18:04

beloved brethren,
this is all to be expected, ALL tying into prophecy in the Word of God...covered in Detail, in the Revelations of John.

I don't want to waste bandwidth, or bore any of you, by a long turgid posting, simply put, all of this, the terrible signs we see today, in every facet of life...in this WORLD, all tie in to the dictates of the whore of Babylon. (I simply refuse to capitalize that name..its a fell title, full of venom and wickedness)

have you noticed, that even in the popular entertainment of the day, what a prominent role several areas of "thought" play in the public marketplace?.....one sees "zombie" or "vampire" movies expanding in many 'offerings' out there, including secular based "end of the world" films.

one sees many shows that worship money.....for the last two decades...the stock market has received undue attention...a drama unto its own, with its own channels....and for the less cunning, there's always "game shows".

back to films, have you noticed the films, that show EXPLICITEDLY ...the govt as an out of control entity, that is the BAD GUY, intent on killing the GOOD GUY?...and many point to this as an example of our "freedoms"....as shown in the news today, and the very title of this thread...the truth in these films is undisputed, but notice HOW the filmmakers construct the film.......they portray the govt as being absolutely OMNIPOTENT...and wicked...and our "good guy" barely makes it thru the story of the film ALIVE...to the point where WE, the audience, breath a sigh of relief and think, "whew! glad that's NOT ME!"....the underlying message being.....don't mess with THE MAN....a not so subliminal message masquerading as free 'exchange of ideas', when all it really is, at the heart of it...an ANTI Christ message...

meaning do we worship the state and worship power/money?

OR do we worship The Christ of God, Jesus?

I am NOT speaking of "rebellion"...i'm speaking of SEPERATION.

Bless God, I've had the opportunity..Divine Opportunity to REALLY dig deep into the Psalter...and what I keep seeing God say, and Speak of is..."to take refuge IN HIM"...."to WAIT on the LORD"....and I am at a point in my walk with Jesus, where ALL I want to do, is to take refuge IN HIM.

that's what I mean by separation...I am His, and His alone...its the world, the flesh and devil that nailed Him to That Cross, that Cruel Tree...the world, the flesh and the devil....and they had NO POWER over the Resurrected Son of God, Our Savior, Jesus.....so, Jesus living in me, that Glorious Reality...means this wickedness has NO POWER over me.

they can read my emails, they can torture me, and yes, they can kill this body, this jar of clay, but my soul?

He keeps....my soul belongs to Jesus, to God the Father, and one Day, we shall all be in the Heavenly Jerusalem.

in one of the very few worship songs I like, my sister Misty Edwards, glorifies Jesus, and just blesses my heart with this beautiful song, "Only a Shadow", which I can say "Yes and amen" too. I love you all in Jesus' love, neil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKOQSpfFASQ

2013/8/15 18:12

Re:

Amen, Neil.

The only true separation is being IN HIM.

2013/8/15 18:36

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy