Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Ordination

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Ordination

I believe the Lord is leading me to be ordained and serve Him full time.

I was wondering if my brothers and sisters here at SI had any advice for me, concerns, or guidance in this as I am totally unsure of where to begin. I personally do not believe that a person must be ordained to minister the gospel, yet I feel that the Lord is guiding me to be ordained. If there is anyone here that is ordained, do you have any suggestions on where to begin or maybe share a bit from your own experience?

Thank you, I appreciate everyone's help.

In Jesus Christ,
-Eli

2005/3/21 14:51Profile

Re: Ordination

Quote:
I personally do not believe that a person must be ordained to minister the gospel

Thats kinda where I land on this topic. But the churches in the NT did send out missionaries... so that could be seen as "ordaining".

It's usually done thru a denomination or church, after you meet whatever criteria they set forth. Education, etc... all those things that dont seem to be found in scripture.

What is found in scripture is being Spirit filled and living out what you say you believe, and spiritual gifts in order to carry out whatever it is God has called you to do.

God will use you, Eli... I hvae no doubt about that!

Krispy

2005/3/21 15:06
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

[i]"Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end."[/i] - Proverbs 19:20

Anyone have anymore advice? Knowledge of schools? Stories?
Anything would be appreciated. Thank you.

2005/3/23 10:53Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Anyone have anymore advice? Knowledge of schools? Stories? Anything would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Brother, I am currently going to Calvary Chapel Bible School in Murietta, California www.calvarychapelbiblecollege.com there are extension courses that can be taken with this school. Calvary Chapel is more of a movement that you just go to a church and serve and be faithful and God gives you the opportunities to go out and plant a church or ministry.

"Nobody has the authority to call you into the ministry but God only"

This is a great book to check out:

[img]http://www.desiringgodstore.org/store/images/items/dgmstore/c2/9af77f51eb205bf32c2826c5def8ad.gif[/img]

[b]Brothers, We Are Not Professionals: A Plea to Pastors for Radical Ministry (Softcover Book)[/b] - by John Piper

[i]The aim of these thirty short exhortations to pastors is to spread a radical, pastoral passion for the supremacy and centrality of Jesus Christ in every sphere of life and ministry and culture. Increasingly, a ministry under the banner of Christ's supremacy is offensive to the impulses of professional clergy who like to be quoted respectably by the local newspaper. The title of this book is meant to shake us loose from the pressure to fit in to the cultural expectations of professionalism. Satisfaction for our aching souls — and our hungry churches and the waiting nations — flows not from the perks of professional excellence but from the pleasures of spiritual communion with the crucified and risen Christ. John Piper is jealous to spread this joy to (and through) his fellow pastors, which is why he says, "Brothers, we are not professionals."[/i]

http://www.desiringgodstore.org/store/index.cgi?cmd=view_item&parent=1&id=315

Bless you brother.

2005/3/23 13:35Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
I personally do not believe that a person must be ordained to minister the gospel

Personally, I believe that a person MUST be ordained to minister the gospel, but I believe the ordaining minister MUST be the 'Bishop of All Souls'. (1 Pet 2:25)

2005/3/23 14:02Profile

Hi,
I'm an ordained minister. I'll be happy to share my experiences with you.
First of all man can and should only "recognize" what God Himself ordains. I knew before I was "ordained" by man that God had called me to preach and minister. All saints are called to minister. But some are called to be trainers and exhorters. They have gifts and anointings from God that are undeniable.
Finally, I began to wonder if I was ordained by man, would I have more opportunities to minister and a greater sphere of influence. So I sought ordination with World Evangelism Fellowship. This is a group within the ministries of Evangelist Jimmy Swaggart. I had to show proof of my ministry. My credentials were those whom I had ministered too. I had been to Holy Spirit University for about 30 years. I also had to have letters of recommendations from 3 different pastors.

I met all the qualifications, and on Good Friday of 2001, I was ordained. I only assumed it was a formality. When Bro. Swaggart layed hands on me, I did not feel any different than before. But when I woke up the next morning, I knew there was something different in me. Something changed. What? I cannot say. But I knew something was different.

I guess I said all of that to say this. Ordination must be more than just ceremony. But it's also more than signing up on an internet page and paying $4.95 for a certificate. Seek the Lord for direction and see what He opens to you. You just never know what He may reveal to you.

If you have any other questions, I'll answer as best I can. Feel free to email or just respond here. God bless you and keep you, lead you and guide you, in Jesus' Holy Name I pray. Amen and amen. Christian brotherly hugs to you all.

2005/3/24 16:08
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Thank you for all your help.

2005/3/29 12:08Profile
dann

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Re:

Quote:

philologos wrote:

Personally, I believe that a person MUST be ordained to minister the gospel, but I believe the ordaining minister MUST be the 'Bishop of All Souls'. (1 Pet 2:25)

Amen, and amen.

Dan
/\/
\/\

2005/3/29 12:31Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Does anyone know of any good Bible schools you could recommend?

2005/4/22 18:27Profile

Re: I know only one....

They teach the bible only. It's called World Evangelism Bible College, and it's located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. You can contact them online at www.jsm.org You will not find a better school at any price. Tuition and housing are dirt cheap by comparison. You will be blessed. Please keep my informed and I will pray and ask God to lead you and guide you in your quest for more of Him.

2005/4/25 11:17

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy