SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The appearance of an Angel?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

That doesnt make sense, sidewalk. If this girl was dying and she wasnt saved, why would satan want her to live on? If she was in fact saved, the same question applies.

It would seem that satan would be interested in shortening the life of an unsaved person, not prolonging it.

2013/8/14 19:24Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

This thread reveals how Christians seem to be so careful with anything supernatural that if there is the appearance of something they don't believe in then it is wrong already. I.E. a priest prayed for this girl. The result is that because the Catholic church is false this incident is not of God. Is the thinking really that tight?

I wonder, if any one of us were in an incident like this and asked to pray and someone came that wasn't affiliated to how we necessarily believe, does that mean it is a satanic deception? It baffles me personally.

2013/8/14 19:28Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Human thoughts on mysteries

(TMK quote)That doesnt make sense, sidewalk. If this girl was dying and she wasnt saved, why would satan want her to live on? If she was in fact saved, the same question applies.

It would seem that satan would be interested in shortening the life of an unsaved person, not prolonging it.(Unquote)

The most addicting substance humans encounter is a drug called "The praise of men." Faith healers are willing to exchange their souls for it, though they are blinded to that particular reality.

Faith healers make deals with their "spirit guides" or whatever they call them. The little message in the amulet was of human origin- but part of the darker deal. Satan is somewhat limited in his power by his need for cooperating humans. He will give a little room, a little time, a little pleasure- until he is able to set the hook and reel them in. Satan seems to particularly enjoy watching suffering in progress, and is not above setting things up for a good show.

It is a healthy thing for a believer to cultivate a knowing hatred for Satan, for the sin which is his food, and to vigorously oppose his works when they are encountered.

My love for Jesus Christ has fanned the flames of contempt for Satanic things, and gives me energy for spiritual warfare. Dealing with demons can be a lot of work!

I was somewhat amused when in one of my circles (Bad Boy bikers turning to Jesus)one of the new converts was really getting into the prayer thing with a hearty "F... you, Satan!!"

Fortunately, his wiser brethren were able to help him redirect some of the enthusiasm.

Regarding the notion that the lust for human praise is so addictive, I would like to explore more on that in another thread... when I get some time! I see that little bit of ugliness as a direct counterfeit to the God-given need we all have to be loved.

Back to work here,

Sidewalk Tom

2013/8/15 16:07Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy