SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : a reformed view of sanctfication

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Please consider prayerfully what Colin has said regarding your behaviour and the way that holiness believers have been hounded off this board many times in the past. You might believe you are doing a service to 'babes' but it is stepping outside of what Christ ever does. Often times, being misled by others becomes of great benefit to us in learning the wiles of the enemy. Brenda Jackson

That Brenda is one of the most arrogant things I have read on this site. In view of the promotion of your heresies of perfectionism and gnosticism it is astonishing.

You are behaving as if you had no comprehension whatsoever as to the truly extreme view you hold and the fact that is is generally rejected by the overwhelming majority of those who take the name of Christ. Just to reiterate what I said on the locked thread which Colin so valiantly fought in your defence I have spent many hours Brenda looking into your views and know exactly what they are and why they are heretical and dangerous. Now Colin can apply for this thread to be locked as well. Lord have mercy. What hypocrisy!

2013/8/10 10:02
proudpapa

Re:

RE: ///Colin I am sorry brother that you feel your character has been assassinated, although I can't see how. ///

Paul would you please explain what you where implying a little more clearly and in detail when you wrote this :

RE: ///Men intrinsically look for experiences and mystic knowledge to elevate themselves above their peers, and in the realm of spirituality this is no different. They seek for the "magic pill" to lose weight without exercise; the "instant lottery" to gain wealth without labor; and Christian "perfectionism" to gain fleshless glorification before fighting the good fight. To them, there is no fight; indeed, if one is fighting, one is still carnal. This cloaked heresy states that "perfect" Christians are the only true, spiritual Christians. Every one else is in a "lower class" beneath them (as asseverated in this very thread). But what they won't tell you is they themselves have no rest in their own spirits. They hold grudges, they exhibit polarizing theological agendas. They look to "save face" and win arguments. They are plagued with spiritual pride and contention just as much as any "gradual sanctificationist" or reformed theologian. They are compelled to come into these forums and pick sanctification battles under the camps of their extrabiblical heros. Believers who disagree and maintain there is no scriptural evidence to support their cause are ingloriously tagged "carnal" and "have not entered into rest". But God's ways are such that as they make these judgments, the tables are turned and their own carnality, which they so purport to have escaped, paradoxically, is suddenly exposed by virtue of the very camp allegiance of perfectionism they wage war beneath.///

I am a little confused as how you would aspect Colin and Brenda to take it any other way than how they have.
Edit add: In that you wrote : (as asseverated in this very thread) and went on to say: ........"

2013/8/10 10:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy