Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The NSA IS Reading Your E-mails

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 The NSA IS Reading Your E-mails

The London Guardian's Glenn Greenwald revealed in a July 31 exposé that the NSA has indeed been collecting the full text of every American's e-mails without a warrant under the “XKeyscore” program, flatly contradicting the claims of congressional opponents of the Amash amendment last week.

The Amash amendment would have denied the NSA the ability to snoop on Americans without a warrant or National Security letter under Section 215 of the Patriot Act. The amendment by Michigan congressman Justin Amash failed by a mere seven-vote margin in the House of Representatives. In the wake of the vote, Amash has promised to sponsor legislation to ban the NSA from collecting telephone and Internet data on American citizens.

Using NSA PowerPoint presentations provided by whistleblower and former NSA contractor Edward Snowden, Greenwald explained: “One presentation claims the [XKeyscore] program covers ...

read more: http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/computers/item/16160-the-nsa-is-reading-your-emails

2013/8/2 10:48Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re: The NSA IS Reading Your E-mails

Perhaps in every email we send from now on we should include a presentation of the Gospel :)

2013/8/2 14:51Profile
ET101

I haven't seen the original Guardian article yet, but in this article:

http://www.dw.de/xkeyscore-a-god-terminal-into-internet/a-16994780

it says that Xkeyscore gives them access to encrypted documents too!! HUGE WARNING right there!!

2013/8/3 11:14Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

Perhaps in every email we send from now on we should include a presentation of the Gospel :)

Excellent idea! Reminds me what Corrie ten Boom used to do when traveling in a communist country. She would look for hidden microphones and then preach into it!

I do find it unnerving to think some gov official is snooping in my emails, but I also know they must be awfully bored because there is nothing there that would interest others. Yes, I like the idea one should start adding inspiring, entertaining tidbits to ones emails...

BTW, is there any way any technology can snoop into snail mail apart from physically opening it?

2013/8/3 14:41Profile
dohzman

You better believe that sites like this one are in their radar too. Almost everything cyberspace

2013/8/3 18:56Profile

Re:

If the NSA is snooping on SK hope they are listening to the sermons for salvation. I doubt they would find the forum too exciting.

Bearmaster

2013/8/3 19:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy