SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : i'm in need of prayer again

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

I am again struggling with certain sins if you could pray for me about them and whatever else might be causing my struggles and confusion. For some time now i have had the desire to fully surrender to the Lord, but have been unable to do so, i find it very hard giving everything up to the Lord in my daily life. Also i havebeen struggling extremely bad with pride whether it be my biblical knowledge i lift myself up at times and become overly critical at others and judgmental. Also at my job and my church i struggle with it to. Lastly i struggle with bitterness and anger and unforgiveness. Please pray for these sins of mine and that the lord would break the stronghold. Thank you

2013/8/26 16:36

Re:

I am again struggling with certain sins if you could pray for me about them and whatever else might be causing my struggles and confusion. For some time now i have had the desire to fully surrender to the Lord, but have been unable to do so, i find it very hard giving everything up to the Lord in my daily life. Also i havebeen struggling extremely bad with pride whether it be my biblical knowledge i lift myself up at times and become overly critical at others and judgmental. Also at my job and my church i struggle with it to. Lastly i struggle with bitterness and anger and unforgiveness. Please pray for these sins of mine and that the lord would break the stronghold. Thank you

Re:

lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

There is a pattern that all Christians must be vigil of. That being the pattern of independence. Every thing we learn in this world starting from childhood is geared toward making us independent for our own good.

However, nothing could be further from true when it comes to our life in Christ. Our health is gauged by our dependence. The world would say,"be a leader not a follower" , "Depend on no one and you will never be let down", and so we give entry to the world's training into our Christian lives. How many times have I looked at myself as growing and strong giving Satan entry so that he can use even the smallest transgression to do what he does best. To separate one from who they should depend. He uses our flesh driven independence to make us even more independent from Christ. What a brilliant and vicious tactic. How easy we fall into it. Pride only accompanies this equation about 100% of the time.

Our answer is always to crucify this flesh daily and realize what it is we are placing on the cross. How opposite it was to have our Lord and Savior's flesh upon the Cross, for His was precious. Ours is ugly and it needs to be done away with every day....all day long. Only in Him is there any strength. Strength apart from the strength we receive through our dependence upon Him is a tool for the hand of Satan.......I speak to myself.

With love for you John,

YbiC

2013/8/27 10:25Profile

Re:

Hey Lylewise thank you for responding. Its a battle for me fighting the flesh and all my weaknesses. Their is one thing that keeps on scaring me more than anything and that is that i feel as if i lost my salvation still for good. I have talked about this before and this really what makes everything so difficult is my lack of assurance and my heart that seems to get harder and harder. I* remember maybe 4 years ago after reading that Charles Finney writing about a hardened heart and i was trembling in my bed scared death and it was as if i heard a voice saying your going to hell. I mean i tried to find encouragement through this site and testimonies and was greatly encouraged, but in my life and walk and seeking God I have noticed just as i seek the Lord more and more than i ever have at the same time Gods presence getting further and further away from me. What i am meaning by that is that things of God are getting more dimmer and dimmer to see, my desire for what is right is leaving me it seems more and more and my love for God and people too and my desire for the world is increasing. That scares me, has the one mistake i made living in sin with my wife prior to us being married and her being unsaved for over 3 years cut me off from God forever where i can't reach him. Though many encourage me this not to be so, it seems everything i do and try and my effort to seek the Lord and trust him is not helping me. The daily seeking him and scripture reading, i really feel continuosly hopeless. I want to be saved.

2013/8/28 16:55

Re:

Hey Lylewise thank you for responding. Its a battle for me fighting the flesh and all my weaknesses. Their is one thing that keeps on scaring me more than anything and that is that i feel as if i lost my salvation still for good. I have talked about this before and this really what makes everything so difficult is my lack of assurance and my heart that seems to get harder and harder. I* remember maybe 4 years ago after reading that Charles Finney writing about a hardened heart and i was trembling in my bed scared death and it was as if i heard a voice saying your going to hell. I mean i tried to find encouragement through this site and testimonies and was greatly encouraged, but in my life and walk and seeking God I have noticed just as i seek the Lord more and more than i ever have at the same time Gods presence getting further and further away from me. What i am meaning by that is that things of God are getting more dimmer and dimmer to see, my desire for what is right is leaving me it seems more and more and my love for God and people too and my desire for the world is increasing. That scares me, has the one mistake i made living in sin with my wife prior to us being married and her being unsaved for over 3 years cut me off from God forever where i can't reach him. Though many encourage me this not to be so, it seems everything i do and try and my effort to seek the Lord and trust him is not helping me. The daily seeking him and scripture reading, i really feel continuosly hopeless. I want to be saved.

Re:

Re:

Re:

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy