SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : EVEN THE APOSTLE PAUL HAD BAD DAYS by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 EVEN THE APOSTLE PAUL HAD BAD DAYS by David Wilkerson

Paul was hit with a bad day while traveling in Macedonia. "When we were come into Macedonia, our flesh had no rest, but we were troubled on every side; without were fightings, within were fears" (2 Corinthians 7:5). This godly man confessed that his inner man was plagued not just by one fear, but by many fears!

Indeed, Paul was no superhuman. He was subject to the same human emotions we all face. At one point, all the believers in Asia turned against him, people he'd given his lifeblood for. He wrote, "The more abundantly I love you, the less I be loved" (2 Corinthians 12:15).

Yes, Paul had awful days. But he never gave in to his feelings and the temptations that accompanied them. He testified in his worst time: "I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our tribulation" (2 Corinthians 7:4). Then he added: "God, that comforteth those that are cast down, comforted us" (verse 6).

Are you going through a bad day, a bad week, a long season of despondency? Are you cast down, discouraged, with thoughts of quitting? If so, then how do you think God reacts to your trial? Does He rebuke you or chasten you? No, never! Paul states, "The Lord is never closer to you, never more ready to help you, than when you're down and hurting."

"Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God" (2 Corinthians 1:3-4). The Greek word for comforteth here means "to comfort or encourage, to call to one’s side." What an amazing truth! When we experience bad days, our heavenly Father takes advantage of them to draw us closer to Himself.

2013/7/25 11:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy