SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Christ Is The Only True Unity Of The Body of Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Christ Is The Only True Unity Of The Body of Christ

Denominations, being splintered by slight shades of truth, are not pleasing to God, but rather grieve Him, though like a precious diamond we can see something good in every denomination.

There is always some truth that one specific denomination knows, believes and preaches that is noteworthy and admirable for us to learn from. Yet overall it is not God’s perfect will for His body to be divided.

In the Book of Corinthians we find that God calls division in the Church, “carnality.”

Carnality has its root in pride which is in opposition to God and His ways.

One brother said on this topic: “We must never forget that we are Christians, believers, brethren, disciples and saints—and so are all who have been redeemed by the precious blood of Christ. To deny this by any form of sectarianism, denominationalism or exclusivism is to deny the truth of the Bible and to be guilty of carnality and pride.”

If we are honest with this situation we can see that there is truly only one Church—the body of Christ, believers who are in-dwelt by the Holy Spirit of God and declare Jesus Christ to be the risen Son of God. If we were to strip away most of these extra doctrines, ideas and explanations of how one is to be identified as a Christian we would find in the most basic principle that either men have Christ or they do not have Christ.

If we were to gather all the leaders of Christianity in one room and put away all of these in many cases extra-biblical doctrines, we would find many to be in unity and agreement.

“No assembly, no church, no movement, no testimony, no fellowship, is justified in its existence from God’s standpoint except insofar as Christ is expressed by it.”

2013/7/23 12:44Profile

Re: Christ Is The Only True Unity Of The Body of Christ

I praise the sweet wisdom the Holy Spirit is blessing you with....and in front of our cyber brethren, I wish to say that I love you with the Love of Jesus, as I hold my new copy of the "Principles".....like a child, with some sweet rice pudding saved for desert, this Saturday, I have to go to family reunion, where I intend on prayerfully digging into the Work God gave you and the saints...I also have a brand new copy of Brother Len's "Revival Praying" as well.....good companions, huh? "Principles" and "Revival Praying".....and lest I neglect...God forbid, my Bible.

Greg, my brother...isn't Jesus Wonderful?....Sweet Messiah, He set us FREE....set me free from the bondage of the "fear" of death of this body....He flooded my soul with His Love, which allows me to love ALL, with His Love...including the very people, who can sometimes TRY and vex one's patience and love....who is that?....family.

Its easy to "love" a stranger, that you have no ties, or no PAST with.....but family?.....remember the admonition, a "prophet in his OWN hometown"?....family.

O I love you dear brother!!......also my dear Frank appollus....and many of the saints I know on this forum.

stay sweet in Jesus' love, neil

2013/7/23 12:58
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Christ Is The Only True Unity Of The Body of Christ

"No assembly, no church, no movement, no testimony, no fellowship, is justified in its existence from God’s standpoint except insofar as Christ is expressed by it.”

And this is the precise question that we must ask concerning any fellowship: How much of Christ is there? Is Christ being manifested? Is Christ being formed within the members of the Body?

Many times after laying a good foundation, the structure is nothing but wood, hay, and stubble.

The Church is the dwelling place of God, a temple not made with hands, made up of living stones, "builded together for a habitation of God through the Spirit."

Mike

2013/7/23 14:43Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
And this is the precise question that we must ask concerning any fellowship: How much of Christ is there? Is Christ being manifested? Is Christ being formed within the members of the Body?

Amen dear brother may Christ find gatherings of believers where He can manifest Himself in such a way.

Brother Neil our Lord is worth all. Thank you for your fellowship in the Lord.

2013/7/23 16:11Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy