SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Jesus Caused Divisions

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DRS

Jesus Caused Divisions

Jesus Caused Divisions

"Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet.
Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee?
Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?
So there was a division among the people because of him." (John 7:40-43)

This division was caused because of who He was.

"Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them."(John 9:16)

This division was caused because of what He did.

"Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.(John 10:17-19)

This division was caused because of what He said.

Who He Was:
Christ,(The Messiah),The Son Of God,Born of a virgin,God in a human body.

What He Did:
He died on the cross,taking our sins upon Himself,shedding His blood for us,resurrected from the dead,reconciling and justifying us before God,setting us apart unto Himself forever.

What He Said:
1."I AM" The Bread of Life. (John 6:35,48)
2."I Am" The Light of the World. (John 8:12,9:5)
3."I AM" The Door. (John 10:7,9)
4."I AM" The Good Shepard. (John 10:11,14)
5."I AM" The Resurrection and the Life. (John 11:25)
6."I AM" The Way,The Truth,and The Life. (John 14:6)
7."I AM" The Vine. (John 15:1-5)

Our Lord didn't come to just give bread,He is the bread.He didn't come to just shed light,He is the light.He didn't come to just show a door,He is the door.He didn't come to name a shepherd,He is the shepherd.He didn't come to just talk about the Resurrection,He is the Resurrection.He didn't come to just point the way,He is the way,the truth ,the life.He didn't come to plant a vine,He is the vine.

IF THIS CAUSES DIVISIONS THEN SO BE IT.

But to us that know Him as our Savior and Lord and know that we are Redeemed by His precious blood shed for us, that we are Reconciled to God and are no longer enemies but are at peace with Him and can experience that peace of God now and know that we are Justified because of His resurrection from the dead and now we stand before God as if we have never committed one sin and know that he is coming back for us to receive us unto Himself and we believe WHO HE WAS,WHAT HE DID,and WHAT HE SAID there should be no room for divisions.

“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.In My Father’s house are many mansions;if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also." (John 14:1-3)

"Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality."(1Corinthians 15:51-53)

"For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself."(Philippians 3:20-21)

"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words." (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18)

"I WILL RETURN."PERHAPS TODAY

2013/7/23 8:24Profile
turn

USA

Re: Jesus Caused Divisions

Yes, at the end, Jesus will permanently divide the sheep from the goats. There will be a divide between the places for two eternal destinies.

"And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left... And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal." (Matthew 25:32-33, 46)

2013/7/23 10:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy