SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The city set in the desert.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The city set in the desert.

Hi saints. In my mind's eye I can see the Holy City far and deep into a mighty desert. Now I know that in my flesh I would avoid deserts. The vision in my mind's eye would, I suppose, be metaphorical for the narrow path that leads to life. Now, it makes no sense to think that if I was seeking life that I would go seek it in the desert. Yet there it is, the church of God, surrounded by a mighty desert. There is no way to the heart of it but by striking out and heading deep into a place that where my only resource, in fact life itself, will be God. If He does not go before me I will die, I will never get there. If He is not a cloud over my head then the sun will kill me. If He is not a fire by night then I will surely freeze to death. If He is not my rear guard, then the jackals and other predators of this hostile place will sneak up behind me and kill me.

You see brothers and sisters, there is nothing attractive about the desert. It is not an alluring place, in fact quite the opposite. Now although Abraham did not dwell in a desert, I believe the choice that His nephew made is a good example of the choices that God is calling His people today to make. Lot chose the well watered places and planes of Sodom in which to dwell. Yes it was near a wicked city, but it was plentiful and life was easy there. Yet at what cost? Does the choices that we make have consequences? We may not lose our souls in the process but can it be that we would lose our walk , our intimate walk with Jesus because the cares of the world , the cares that inevitably come by living in proximity to Sodom, or being caught up in the systems of Babylon?

Now when we think about Moses and his forty years in the desert prior to the burning bush or indeed the children of Israels forty years in the desert or John the Baptist's time in the wilderness and indeed Jesus's symbolic forty days in the desert we begin to see a pattern. It defies the flesh to go into the desert to find life. Can there be life in the desert? Would we willingly choose to enter into a place where all flesh dies but for the Lord? Can we be drawn into a place where unless we encounter God Himself as we are stripped of all of our resources then we would surely die? God is raising up such a generation that has found abundant life in the desert. Who have found that water flows from Rock at the hand of God. That God Himself can make rivers in the desert. He can make a highway that leads to life.

Will you journey there? Is there a desire in you to find God in such a deep way that He is life itself to you and that without Him you would surely die and have no desire to live? Can I encourage you today saints? God has made such glorious and mighty promises to those who hunger and thirst after Him with their "whole hearts." Please do a word study of that phrase and see the glorious promises God has made to those who would turn again to Him with their whole hearts. Desert places? Yes. Yet, a burning bush and some sand can and will be transformed into Holy ground, for where the Lord is, is Holy. There is a sacrifice to be made to come into this place. Do you desire to make such a sacrifice before the brazen altar of the Lord?

There is a generation of desert dwellers being raised, a generation of wilderness dwellers ready to rise up and come forth. A generation of saints who have counted the cost. Whose only desire is to seek Him with their whole hearts and His righteousness. They will see the glory of their God. They will behold His glory and His majesty. And they will make declarations from that place. They will, like John the Baptist declare to the world " Behold the Lamb of God who taketh away the sins of the world." Yet, this generation also gets to say "Behold the lion of Judah that rides on a white horse with a two-edged sword in His hand. He is coming, the King is coming! Lift up ye gates ye ancient cities and lift up ye doors for the King is coming and He is coming soon."

This is the purpose of God's remnant saints. We will make such a glorious noise in the desert of worship to our King. We will sing hallelujahs to His glory. The anointing of the anointed one will be upon us and the world will look into the desert and hear a strange and glorious noise, a noise such as they have never heard before and a light that shines out of a place where no light and no life should exist, and they will be perplexed and confounded.

2013/7/19 17:04
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: The city set in the desert.

Quote:
Yet, this generation also gets to say "Behold the lion of Judah that rides on a white horse with a two-edged sword in His hand. He is coming, the King is coming! Lift up ye gates ye ancient cities and lift up ye doors for the King is coming and He is coming soon."

Hallelujah!

2013/7/19 19:42Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!

Quote:
Yet, this generation also gets to say "Behold the lion of Judah that rides on a white horse with a two-edged sword in His hand. He is coming, the King is coming! Lift up ye gates ye ancient cities and lift up ye doors for the King is coming and He is coming soon."

Hallelujah!

2013/7/19 19:42Profile

Stirring and sober word my dear brother. Praise the King of kings and the Lord of lords!

2013/7/19 22:52

Re:

For we are strangers and aliens in the desert wilderness that are looking for that heavenly city. The celestial city, the New Jerusalem above that is free for she is our mother. But tis not the city alone we seek. But it is Him who rules in that city. It is Jesus we seek.

Bearmaster

2013/7/20 9:06
MaryJane

Re:

Frank wrote: Will you journey there? Is there a desire in you to find God in such a deep way that He is life itself to you and that without Him you would surely die and have no desire to live? Can I encourage you today saints? God has made such glorious and mighty promises to those who hunger and thirst after Him with their "whole hearts."

Seeking hard after GOD with my whole heart, not allowing any of this worlds distractions to blind me to the reality of the unseen KINGDOM that is HIS is my constant prayer. I am determined in HIM and by HIS strength to find my way through knowing HE is here with me as I journey along the narrow way. I pray that as I go my life would be a reflection of HIM so that others too would see this wonderful and amazing truth. JESUS is our all and HE is all that we need, HE will guide us as we make our way through the darkest nights, HE will cover us as we press on through the worst of storms, HE will sustain us when we are weak and weary, HE will carry us when we stumble and fall. HE will do these things because HE is faithful and true to all HIS promises! HE alone is deserving of my whole heart, my whole life, every breath that I take! Apart from JESUS there truly is only a shadow of life, it is fleeting....

Thank you for sharing what FATHER has placed on your heart with us.

God bless
maryjane

2013/7/20 9:55Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Quote:
appolus wrote:
God has made such glorious and mighty promises to those who hunger and thirst after Him with their "whole hearts." Please do a word study of that phrase and see the glorious promises God has made to those who would turn again to Him with their whole hearts. Desert places? Yes. Yet, a burning bush and some sand can and will be transformed into Holy ground, for where the Lord is, is Holy.

I love that last sentence! I always like what you write (when I'm on to read it!), even though I don't comment on it.

God bless you,
Lisa

Are you still hosting that revival phone prayer? If so, will you post the number and code? I've been thinking about that lately. God bless.

2013/7/20 9:58Profile

Re:

These are all great comments brothers and sisters, it seems that we are united in wanting to see God glorified and seeking after Him with our whole hearts, glory to God!!!..........bro Frank

2013/7/20 21:06

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy