Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Healing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
brothagary

Re:

I often wonder about pauls leters to the Corinthians

how he goes on to wright that there are so many sick and have died in there church due to the chastisement of the lord ,for taking the bread and wine of the lord in an unworthy manner ,,these verse obviously go against the idea that god doesn't bring sickness due to a certaint sin

2013/7/20 4:38Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

While Regina was still living many prayers were offered on her behalf. She was anointed with oil three times because the tumor was kept returning. The day came when she was paralyzed from her waist down and she was swollen tight like a balloon. The doctor had her on steroids to slow swelling on the inside but stopped them a week before she died, seeing she was terminal. Anyhow, as I saw her lying there I said, "God you either heal her or take her!" And I meant it, every word of it.

God took my word and He took her. In the days following the Holy Spirit so kindly asked me how I am going to react when I hear of testimonies by people who prayed for healing and the person was healed, was restored? What will my attitude be towards these testimonies? Towards these people? I thought about this seriously. As I thought about it I was reminded how so many times we saw God working during this entire time. He helped us, He comforted me, he was there in supernatural ways. Am I going to get angry with Him because He told us "NO!"? To get angry with God would have been tantamount to blaspheming, I cannot get angry with God: he was wonderful to us during this time. I learned so much about Him because of it, I cannot turn my back on Him just because he told us 'no'. Since then, I have heard of testimonies of people who were healed supernaturally and I from the depths of my heart rejoice for that miracle.

But you know what? Not everyone who has lost a loved one is able to say this - yet - hence my warning of being very careful in this type of discussion - saying that lack of faith will result in death.

God bless.

And Natalie, God bless you double!

ginnyrose

2013/7/20 9:48Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Praying if it is your will....

I would like to comment on this phrase "If it is your will".

This concept is a Biblical one. It is first found in the NT in the LORD's Prayer as in Mat 6:10: "Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." Later this sentiment is shared in James 4:15 "For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that."

The difference between the two is that the one in the LORD's prayer is general, encompassing all of life. The verse in James refers to plans we make for the future. In both it is acknowledging our limitations in understanding what is best and what the LORD's will actually is in this particular situation.

In praying it is vital that we are in tune with the Holy Spirit in how we pray. Let us be honest with ourselves: we do not always sense the Holy Spirit when we pray for - you name it. But we have this deep urge, need, so we pray for it anyways. Unless there is a humble spirit making this request it soon can become demanding, demanding that God performs as we want him to. And sometimes God does. There have been people healed supernaturally. But in time you learn that it had been much better if they had died earlier...Let me tell you a true story.

There was a young girl who was deathly ill, terminal. The mother prayed, many others did, too. But the mother DEMANDED the girl to be healed. God granted this request. The girl grew up, entered puberty, became very rebellious, took to drug abuse and eventually committed suicide after she reached her twenties. How much better would it have been if the mother would have been submissive to the LORD's divine will in the life of her daughter when she was a young girl.

I also know of two other young children who were at death's door. One allegedly saw into heaven. But they survived, are now adults. The girl is very religious but is apostatizing; the boy is living for the flesh, how much better it would have been if the LORD would have taken them in their innocency...

These incidents have taught me a lot how one needs to be so careful what we pray for and why and how. Let God be God, always. It will serve us and others well when this is operative in our hearts and minds.

God bless.

2013/7/20 10:16Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re:

Good words Sandra- as usual! Your posts convey the wisdom God has given you over many years, they bless me!

There were so many ways Jesus healed people, almost every encounter took different forms and the message in each is to trust God rather than to learn a formula.

Even Paul, who was able to minister healing a number of times to others had a different attitude toward himself. From the "thorn in his flesh" to his fear of personal arrogance and need for painful discipline- to where he doesn't really care whether he lives or dies, seeing advantages in either outcome.

All the people Jesus healed eventually died, as far as we know. Poor Lazarus- "Here we go again...!"

All in all, healing is wonderful, but it is surpassed in greatness by knowing Him, in the fellowship of His sufferings (yeah, that's in there!) and the glory of His resurrection.

2013/7/20 12:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy