SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Is There A Word For The Faithful?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

Is There A Word For The Faithful?

Bible scholars everywhere seem to unanimously agree that we are living in the Laodicean Age spoken of by Jesus in the third chapter of the book of Revelation. As we look over the landscapes of Christendom, there is plenty of evidence to support such a belief. We see lukewarm church members, apathy, complacency, coldness and indifference. We see churches that seem oblivious to the fact that Christ is knocking at their door desiring fellowship and intimacy with them.

There’s no doubt about it, we are living in difficult and dangerous times. Paul warned under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit that the last days would be ones where there would be a departure from the faith, and that some would give heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils (1Tim 4:1). He later warned that perilous times would come (2Tim 3:11). We have come to such a time period. I personally believe that it’s no longer accurate to say these times will come, but that they have already come. Keep in mind that these scriptures are two millenniums old.

Despite all of these things, I would remind us, especially those of us who preach and teach the Word of God, that not everyone has fallen away. Not everyone has given heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devil. I would also point out that Paul wrote that “some” would fall away, and “some” would give heed to seducing spirits. The emphasis is on some, not all. When you take a close look at the Laodicean church, you will see that John wrote to them as if they all were lukewarm and all without Christ’s presence. They were all in danger of being vomited out of God’s mouth. This is not the case of the age that we are living in, regardless of who says otherwise.

Brothers and sisters, it may look like it from your view, but this does not describe the entire church of Jesus Christ. He still has a people. He has always had a people and will continue to do so. Paul wrote of it as being a glorious Church, without spot or blemish (Ep 5:27). He later penned that the Church would be as a chaste virgin (2Cor 11:2). John described seeing the church wearing white robes, signifying the righteousness of the saints (Re 19:8). Jesus described the Church as being founded on a Rock that would stand the test of time (Mt 7:24). He went on to say that the gates of hell could not prevail against it (Mt 16:18). So don’t you think for a second that all is lost and all is hopeless.

You might ask, “Where are these people?” They are in your church, my church, your town and mine. They are scattered all over every continent of the globe. They may be mingled among the tares, but they are there. Lift up your eyes out of the slum pits of religiosity and search out the faithful saints of the Lord. They too need a word from the Lord. Drop your Elijah complex – you are not the only one living for Jesus. Seek to strengthen and support the body of Christ.

I know that there is a place for rebuke and the need for ministers to preach repentance, but don’t let that become your ministry. In this hour, the real church (not fake) needs shepherds who will lead them, feed them, and encourage them along the way.

Is there a Word for the faithful?
Examine those seven churches in Revelation. You will discover that Jesus spoke differently to each one. Where repentance was needed, He demanded repentance. Where there was faithfulness, He commended those churches and encouraged them to press on until the end. He promised great reward to those who endured. Jesus had a word for the faithful.

God’s sheep should not have to continually endure scathing messages just so that we can get to those who are living in Laodicea land. As I type these words, I am saddened in my own heart to the point of tears knowing that I have done this very thing. God have mercy!

The faithful are the life of the church. They are the ones who will carry the church into its future and divine destiny. Nourish them! Cherish them! Love them! Fight for them! Pray for them! Pour your blood, sweat and tears into them! This will prove to be much more beneficial and rewarding than trying to drag people to Jesus who do not wish to come. Preach to the backslider and lukewarm, but most of all, make sure that you have a word for the faithful.

Disclaimer:
This article was not written to deny or support any church age theory. This article was not written to suggest that we should be silent on matters of sin. This article was written simply for the express purpose of reminding myself and others not to forget the Bride.
http://myministryplace.blogspot.com/

2013/7/18 15:46Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re: Is There A Word For The Faithful?

you're right

2013/7/18 16:00Profile

Re:

I don't know if I would characterize Laodicean as an "age", as much as I would character it as a spiritual condition of specific churches. An "age" is too encompassing and many countries (North Korea, Vietnam, Egypt, Iran, etc), know nothing about that "age".

However, in America, we are very well acquainted with the Laodicean character.

2013/7/18 17:41
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

Re:

I am certainly in agreement with you there. You cannot make a blanket statement for everyone's spifitual condition.

2013/7/18 17:54Profile
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

Re:

"The faithful are the life of the church. They are the ones who will carry the church into its future and divine destiny. Nourish them! Cherish them! Love them! Fight for them! Pray for them! Pour your blood, sweat and tears into them!"

We just cannot simply spend all of our time and energy stomping out fires of deception or correcting another brother over his doctrine that's not just like ours. We must spend considerable energy and effort pouring into the saints.

2013/7/19 21:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy