SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Her Majesty

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Sidewalk

San Diego

Her Majesty

The Queen of England has given her blessing to gay marriage. Why does the passage "When you see the abomination that causes desolation standing in the holy place..." come to mind?

Why is it so hard for officials and rulers to just say, "I have no authority to change the natural order."

The ruler of this present age has sharp talons that are dug in deep.

2013/7/18 12:21Profile
PQ

Europe

Re: Her Majesty

I wonder if she said no, would the government accept her decision? Atleast, now we know the true state of this queen.

Since the kingdom is no longer united, we will see what happens when Scotland breakaway.

It is time to weep for the nations. It is time to cry for the people.

pq*

2013/7/18 12:55Profile
dohzman

Re:

you know what is truly sad is that she is just following what everyone else is doing, but at least she was not elected to office running on a pro abortion/ pro homosexuality platform like our president..:(

2013/7/18 18:47Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Another missed opportunity.

The world would have been properly shocked and rattled if the world's most pre-eminent monarch might have declared,

"Marriage was ordained by God to be the union of a man and a woman to be a demonstration of unconditional love and to provide for the nurturing nest where children could grow up ready to prosper and raise up children for the continuation of the human race. It is not in my authority to change what God has created and sanctified."

She might have gone into history with a lasting legacy of honor instead of her growing reputation as the world's richest welfare recipient.

2013/7/18 22:44Profile
dohzman

Re:

Oh' no you didn't say that! Let me read it again:), yup, you did. I had to laugh when I read you comment(She might have gone into history with a lasting legacy of honor instead of her growing reputation as the world's richest welfare recipient.)

I sure hope it doesn't incur the wrath of our UK brethren though, they really hold the royals in high esteem.

2013/7/19 0:42Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Esteem

Actually, I do hold the royals in high esteem, which explains why I am so disappointed when they fail to use their places of prominence for righteous purposes. For crying out loud, it's not like she would be voted out of office or demoted in some way!

Following Paul's word to Timothy, we should be praying for all rulers and persons in authority, not just those in our own neighborhoods.

Yes, that was a bit on the rude side referring to the queen as a welfare recipient. But despite the fact that she lives lavishly off the production of others shouldn't her subjects expect some expression of moral leadership from her?

Wimping out on this simply degrades both the monarchy and the woman herself.

And I would be very interested to hear our UK brethren weigh in on the subject.

And don't EVEN get me started on the moral positions of my own president!

OK. Going to pray now...

2013/7/19 14:14Profile
dohzman

Re:

I am with ya here bro., but what I have observed so many times over the years, even with some pastors I know, is that they stand strong against moral or sinful wrong until it hits close to home or is found in someone close to them personally. My guess is that some family member of the Queens has been found to be either homosexual or lesbian and has made all the difference, just right now is a more acceptable time frame for her to frame her opinions.

Now as to our president? :( I won't get you started because than I might get started.

2013/7/19 15:15Profile

Re: Her Majesty

Quote:
by Sidewalk on 2013/7/18 9:21:40

The Queen of England has given her blessing to gay marriage. Why does the passage "When you see the abomination that causes desolation standing in the holy place..." come to mind?

Isn't the "holy place" today the Body of Christ? We are the temples of the Living God.

So, what will be the "desolation standing in the holy place", then?

Jesus Christ's words to the six churches in Revelation will shed some light on this.

2013/7/19 15:59

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy