SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Urgent help!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
moreofHim

Re: divorce

Paula,
I have every reason to divorce my husband. I found almost 2 months ago that my husband (yes, he is a christian) had a 2 month affair over the months of Dec. and Jan.

I have chosen to forgive him and the girl whom he had the affair with. She worked with him and she is also married with a little boy.

Since i chose to forgive him and her and reconciled because i knew that was what god was asking of me, I have since had opportunities to wiitness to this girl who my husband had an affair with.

The Lord has done amazing things, because I chose to do what is right.

My marriage is better now than ever, though it will take some time for me to trust my husband completely.

All I neeed to trust is God anyway. He will take care of me.

The consequences of divorce are undoable. If there are children involved, I do believe that on our part it is almost child abuse. Though, through God's grace, they may recover later on, the fact that we, as christians, could prevent the harm and damage in the first place, makes us accountable.

May God give you the wisdom you need directly from Him, to pray and counsel with this couple. He desires that, through His strength, they might OVERCOME so that He can get the glory! :)

As followers of Christ, we should act different than the world. We have a high priest and a helper that this world does not have. we should act like it. Jesus died so that we might be able to overcome, where others can't because they don't have the power of His spirit.

In His love, Chanin

2005/3/19 10:23Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Testimony and praise

Chanin, bless your heart sister.

Dear saints, this is a remarkable testimony here.
[b][u]Only[/b][/u] the love of God could produce this. Much more could be said but Chanin, we love you sister, the Lord knows...

2005/3/19 10:41Profile
paula4jc

Re:

Malachi 2:
14You ask, "Why?" It's because the Lord is holding you accountable. He watches how you treat the wife you married when you were young. You have broken your promise to her. You did it even though she's your partner. You promised to stay married to her. And the Lord was a witness to it.

15Hasn't he made the two of you one? Both of you belong to him in body and spirit. And why has he made you one? Because he was looking for godly children. So guard yourself in your spirit. Don't break your promise to the wife you married when you were young.

16"I hate divorce," says the Lord God of Israel. "I hate it when people do anything that harms others," says the Lord who rules over all.

So guard yourself in your spirit. And don't break your promises.

1 Corinthians 13:

4Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not want what belongs to others. It does not brag. It is not proud. 5It is not rude. It does not look out for its own interests. It does not easily become angry. It does not keep track of other people's wrongs.

6Love is not happy with evil. But it is full of joy when the truth is spoken. 7It always protects. It always trusts. It always hopes. It never gives up.

8Love never fails. But prophecy will pass away. Speaking in languages that had not been known before will end. And knowledge will pass away.

9What we know now is not complete.

My visit with her went well. I gave her this site and she promise to get into the word daily. She has only been a Christian for 2 years and has not been reading her bible daily. They got along so well when I was there you wouldn't know there's a problem. There isn't any abuse or infidelity, but she just bought the lies of the devil that the family would be happier divorce. They're going to get counsel at there church.

2005/3/19 12:01Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

Quote:
My visit with her went well. I gave her this site and she promise to get into the word daily. She has only been a Christian for 2 years and has not been reading her bible daily. They got along so well when I was there you wouldn't know there's a problem. There isn't any abuse or infidelity, but she just bought the lies of the devil that the family would be happier divorce. They're going to get counsel at there church.

I Praise God for you Paula. If we all would care for our brothers and sisters by speaking the truth in love through the Word of God, many would be spared the anguishes associated with divorce and compounding that sin by entering into adulterous remarriages.........

Chanin, you know I think you have an incredible testimony. It thrills my heart to see the level of repentance in your marriage and the "big picture" mindset you have. I am so grieved when I see the mindsets of so many professed believers today------speaking of their "rights" because of someone's sin against them. We are Christ's, not our own anymore. I am even more amazed and saddened by those who encourage such mindsets to continue instead of speaking of our flesh needing to die so Christ will be glorified........Thank you for sharing your awesome testimony, to the encouragement of the saints. Blessings in Him, Cindy

2005/3/19 13:33Profile

Re:

Glad to here that the visit went well. I was about to offer my prayers but then I realized that this visit already took place...however, i will pray for this couple.

Chanin,

Thank you for that wonderful testimony!

God Bless.

Stephen

2005/3/19 15:11

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy