SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : expositional verse by verse teaching sermons

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: expositional verse by verse teaching sermons

While searching sermons on Robert Thompson - WOR - Words of Righteousness website, I came across some expository sermons that you might be interested in:

3rd Column, scroll 3/4 of the way down and you'll see the books of the Bible begin...

http://wor.org/audio/audio.htm

PS: Greg has some of Robert Thompson's sermons on SI too, if that helps!

God bless,
Lisa

2013/8/4 16:11Profile
proudpapa

Re: expositional verse by verse teaching sermons

Hi NoahJD,

There are many good preachers that God uses as you mentioned Zac Poonen and so on, What wounderful insight we can gain from men like Zac,

"The Bible says: But ye have an unction (anointing) from the Holy One, and ye know all things."

"I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth."

"But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him"

So we see that all true Christians "know all things"!.

But at the same time we are well aware that we are not conscious of all things, because for now we see through a glass, darkly and only know in part.

Those two realities are not contridictions.

The fact that God has given some in the Church the gifts of a teacher, and yet says that we have the anointing and have no need for any man to teach us, is also not a contridiction.

Often times I will hear an anointed preacher say something that I had never reliezed, I had never had inwardly articulated or even considered.
But the very momment that I hear it, I know for certainty that it is truth, not because It was well said with wisdom of words.
But because I new it all along, I never reliezed it, I may have even intellectually believed just the opposit, but When I hear the truth, I know it is the truth because I knew it all along.

So I would encourage you, that when you hear something that does not seem quite right, rather or not you can make a convincing rational arguement for or against, lay it to the side, see what others believe, see what God reveals to you personally.

If you want to know the Bible, do not worry so much about others opinions,

Get you a Bible, As an English speaker, Get an English Bible, get a KJV Bible and have faith that God is Sovereign enough to inspire exactly the Jott and Tittle that He wants you as an English speaking person to have, Believe every Jott and tittle of that Bible, ignore the naysayers, and grab hold of the promises contained with in.

By Faith Grab a hold of this promise: James 1:5
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

And if a preacher or teacher, teaches something that you have inward certainty that it is true, grab hold of it.
if on another subject they differ with your inward certainty, do not get bogged down that they have all of the answers, find out what other preachers teach, maybe others have been enlightened more on other topics.

2013/8/4 18:29Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy