SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What has your Heart ???

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

What has your Heart ???

Hebrews 11:6 " He rewards " those who earnestly .... Seek him.
Our greatest reward is the joy of finding him and enjoying his presence forever. He is our Very Great reward. David, said in Psalms 27:4 ONE THING..... I ask of the Lord,.... this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my live, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. V- 8 My heart.... says of you, Seek his face!!!! Your face, Lord, I will seek. God presence; is the one thing most treasured in Davids life. God calls all of us to this same purpose " Seek his face " Psalms 73:25 Whom have I in heaven but you? and earth has NOTHING I desire besides you. In this life with all of its problems, our greatest reward is intimate communion with God. Our hope, Our TREASURE, is God himself -- always with us, guiding us by his Word and Spirit,
Those who follow Christ are urged to seek above all else God's kingdom and his righteousness. For where our Treasure is, there your heart will be also. MATT 6:21 For me to live is Christ, and afterward receiving me into the glories of heaven.

2013/7/16 23:30
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re: What has your Heart ???

I like you little description here of drawing close to God and that verse about seeking God and his righteousness first in our lives. That was given to me by another brother and I knew I had to keep repenting.
I remember I was for years wanting to get closer to God. I tried many things including reading the bible and prayer. But when I eventually gave over parts of my heart to Him it made Him get closer to me.

2013/7/17 4:12Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

"My son, give me your heart, And let your eyes observe my ways." Proverbs 23:26

God wants our hearts above all things. It is this that will protect us, even more it is this by which we have relationship with our heavenly Father.

God speaks to His church and says "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." Rev 3:20

This is true fellowship with the Son and with the Father!

God says those who love him are 'known by Him'. "But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him." 1 Cor 8:3

This is not just knowing about, but a relational, intimate 'knowing'. Are we known by Him in this way?

2013/7/17 11:02Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

I find that the Lords desire is to lead us into repentance which as you said DaveHey is to draw us into a closer walk with Him.
I spent many nights alone walking the streets with depression because I didn't know where God had gone from me. I didn't know my obedience to his voice was key in drawing me into a close walk with him. The intimate place we all so much desire once we have known Jesus.

2013/7/17 13:52Profile
MaryJane

Re: What has your Heart ???

I often find myself in a struggle with desiring to sit at HIS feet and the distractions of this world. I am learning to count those blessed times in HIS presence and precious and dear. I am also learning to keep close and abide in HIM as I go through out my day. JESUS is my all, my everything so HE should be reflected in all that I do. As I submit to HIS will, as I grow closer in my walk with HIM I am forever thankful for the things HE shows me so that there will be no hindrance between us.

Thank you for sharing this, very good seeds here to consider. The desire of my heart is JESUS and to have HIM be LORD over my life in every moment of every day!!

God bless
mj

2013/7/18 8:45Profile

Re:

God Bless you MaryJane
I love your hunger for more of Him. May you continually open wide your mouth that he may fill you Psalms 81:10
For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them
with your favor as with a shield.
The Lord has dealt with me according to my righteousness;
according to the cleanness of my hands he has rewarded me.
For I have kept the ways of the Lord; The Lord has rewarded
to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his sight.
May he give you the desires of your heart and make all your plans succeed.
May the Lord grant all your request. May the Lord Bless you with peace.
How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you.
If the Lord delights in a man's way, He makes his steps firm; Wait for the Lord and keep his way. He will exalt you to inherit the land. Consider the blameless, observe the upright; there is a future for the man of Peace. May the righteous be glad an rejoice before GOd; may they be happy and joyful Ps 68:3 Ps 37:23, 34
Psalms 20:4,5 Psalms 29:11 Psalms 31:19 Psalms 5:12Psalms 18: 20-21,24

2013/7/18 14:03

Re:

Quote:
by Heydave on 2013/7/17 8:02:59

"My son, give me your heart, And let your eyes observe my ways." Proverbs 23:26

God wants our hearts above all things. It is this that will protect us, even more it is this by which we have relationship with our heavenly Father.

Lord, open up the "eyes of our understanding" to consider and know your ways which are so different than ours.

2013/7/18 14:45

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy