SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Satan’s Co-workers found in meetings of God’s saints

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
acarrollfan

Re: Satan’s Co-workers found in meetings of God’s saints

This is a good read.

2013/7/16 23:06Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Satan’s Co-workers found in meetings of God’s saints

"At times the deception in teaching is not obvious but in character it becomes more obvious. Does the minister live like Christ or is he full of greed, selfishness, self-exaltation, soulish and carnal? “The opposite of Christ is called the antichrist in the New Testament. If Christians do not see this clearly, then when the antichrist turns up on the world’s stage, with his false signs and wonders, they too will blindly accept him.”

Jesus said that we would know them by their fruits: “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them. (Matthew 7:15-20).

Is the teaching that is being brought forth in line with the Word of God? The enemey will atttempt to mix in false teaching with the Word of God. Scriptures will be taken out of context. We must study to show ourselves approved of God and be able to rightly divide the Word of truth.

The Holy Spirit who is the Spirit of truth, is living within us. If we are sensitive to the Holy Spirit we will know, and be able to discern the difference between flesh and spirit, truth and error, and we will also know when there is mixture. "As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him." (1 John 2:27)

The gospel of Jesus Christ is still the power of God that brings salavation unto every one that believes. When the good news of Jesus Christ is preached people will be saved, they will be delivered, and healings will take place. "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek." (Romans 1:16).

Mike

2013/7/17 9:02Profile
dohzman

Re: hey bro. Mike

what was going through my mind as I read your response and have read through this thread is the Hebrews who the apostles stated crept in unawares and Paul called them false brethren and the teaching they had was scriptural according to the OT teachings....circumcision .... however Paul called that a false teaching. What I have seen in the church is some people just by nature are very disciplined or regimented in their own course of life, they may be very moral people, upright in their ways but they embrace a righteousness by works type of religion, just like the days of old, a little of Jesus, a little of works, but ultimately when push comes to shove they will never lay down their lives for the (brethren) saints or body of Christ. As I've been reading many of these ...discernment type threads I have become increasingly aware of what Jesus said..."BY this shall all men KNOW that YOU are my disciples" and it boiled down to one characteristic , Agape' love. And we all know the charastics of love found in 1Cor13 and Gal. but it seems that much of what we pass off as godly is really just a person who can discipline themselves to act a certain way in public and teach a certain doctrine but genuine christianity has always been a willingness to lay down our life for the brothers and sisters where God has placed us.

2013/7/17 9:26Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"but it seems that much of what we pass off as godly is really just a person who can discipline themselves to act a certain way in public and teach a certain doctrine but genuine christianity has always been a willingness to lay down our life for the brothers and sisters where God has placed us."

Amen brother! Only the Holy Spirit can give life, and much of the time the dead letter of the law is taught, which is the ministry of death. The words of Jesus are spirit and they are life. The ministry of the new covenant is a ministry of life.

Mike

2013/7/17 9:49Profile

Re:

Quote:
what was going through my mind as I read your response and have read through this thread is the Hebrews who the apostles stated crept in unawares and Paul called them false brethren and the teaching they had was scriptural according to the OT teachings....circumcision .... however Paul called that a false teaching. What I have seen in the church is some people just by nature are very disciplined or regimented in their own course of life, they may be very moral people, upright in their ways but they embrace a righteousness by works type of religion, just like the days of old, a little of Jesus, a little of works, but ultimately when push comes to shove they will never lay down their lives for the (brethren) saints or body of Christ. As I've been reading many of these ...discernment type threads I have become increasingly aware of what Jesus said..."BY this shall all men KNOW that YOU are my disciples" and it boiled down to one characteristic , Agape' love. And we all know the charastics of love found in 1Cor13 and Gal. but it seems that much of what we pass off as godly is really just a person who can discipline themselves to act a certain way in public and teach a certain doctrine but genuine christianity has always been a willingness to lay down our life for the brothers and sisters where God has placed us.

Very well, said. Amen!

2013/7/17 11:07
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Just-In,

That is something I was talking about recently with another brother. That very few of us had anything to do with one another outside of church. I referenced a few scriptures and he agree, but nothing was done.

That kills me. I can't walk with the Lord by myself. I can't grow in Christ without my other brothers and sisters. Yes, there must be some separation and a personal walk with the Lord, but without true fellowship with other believers and their constant interaction in my life--their watchfullness, their love, their encouragement, their correction, their spiritual gifts, etc--I will never more than what I am now. I am just a piece of the body, not the whole. And it is the same with all of us. They need me just as much as I need them. That is why I am excited about house churches, but the ones I have been to around here are very emergent/mystical in their practices and that sends up all kinds of red flags. I long for fellowship and I know those who are in my church do to. But we seem to be unable to break through all the formalities of churchiness. My church is very close to being financially bankrupt. Sometimes I wish it would happen and we would lose the building so we we be forced to meet in a home and really, truly have fellowship.

Either way, it's devastating me inside and out. That is why I came on these forums and read what the Lord is doing in other's lives and what things He is teaching them. Cause I want some form of that more than what I currently have.

But I am pushing. I am pushing as hard as I can to break down all those walls. It is hard though.

I am not being selfish, but it is the reality of our faith. I can't grow without the rest of the body. And only being attached on sunday and wednesday to the body does not give the support that it needs to live.

2013/7/17 13:27Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

havok,

You say you long for fellowship...What say if you invite these people into your home for food and fellowship on a regular basis?

After our daughter Regina died I felt led to do this very thing. Once a month, I would invite people from church on a Sunday evening when we did not have services. We would all sit around the dining room table and sing for one hour. I provided them with a sweet drink to lubricate their vocal cords so they can sing. I was also particular who I invited - I wanted a good mix of people who could sing four part harmony. For example, I did not want all bass singers and one weak tenor. If there is a weak tenor, invite also someone who is a strong one. Doing so, did wonders to help me deal with the grief of losing our daughter. AND the spirit of that fellowship was awesome. The Spirit of the LORD was there...

Need to do it again - got out of habit doing it. BTW, I did serve some snack food afterwards...you can't meet without eating something!:-)

God bless.

2013/7/17 15:15Profile
dohzman

Re:

BTW, I did serve some snack food afterwards...you can't meet without eating something!:-)

AMEN!

2013/7/17 15:20Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

My sunday school class has started having dedicated days of fellowship each month, it is a start. I am hoping that eventually, we'll be close knit. There are some brothers in the church that I am very close to. But My church isn't just me and them. I want us all to strive for godliness in our relationships with one another. That doesn't mean just not hating each other or not treating each other unkindly. Lost people can do that. I am talking about us being closer than any husband/wife or mother/child, etc.

2013/7/17 16:07Profile

Re:

Quote:
I am talking about us being closer than any husband/wife or mother/child, etc.

I am closer to my wife than anyone else. The only way I would be closer to someone else more than my wife is if I invested more time with them and less time with my wife and the Lord is not leading me in that direction. He never has.

2013/7/17 16:28

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy