SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Satan’s Co-workers found in meetings of God’s saints

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Satan’s Co-workers found in meetings of God’s saints

As we are in the end times there will be an influx of those in the Church teaching doctrines of demons to deceive even the elect of God. There will be many false teachers who claim to be of the truth but are not. Perhaps one of the most dangerous weapons against the Church is not persecution, but apathy and deception.

At times the deception in teaching is not obvious but in character it becomes more obvious. Does the minister live like Christ or is he full of greed, selfishness, self-exaltation, soulish and carnal? “The opposite of Christ is called the antichrist in the New Testament. If Christians do not see this clearly, then when the antichrist turns up on the world’s stage, with his false signs and wonders, they too will blindly accept him.”

A brother from the past century said of this demonic counterfeit: “When Satan gets into the pulpit, or the theological chair, and pretends to teach Christianity, when in reality he is corrupting it; pretends to be teaching Christian evidences when in reality he is undermining the very foundations of faith—then look out for him; he is at his most dangerous work.”

“Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But where religious flesh is, we can almost always find evil spirits parading as anointed vessels. Without keen discernment we will be taken in by one with a false anointing. The devil’s servants know how to act and talk like the Lord’s servants—but they are counterfeit, and we must learn to recognize them by their fruit. They are all around us and will continue to increase in number as the coming of the Lord draws near.”

We must be on guard against Satan’s coworkers who appear to have a form of godliness, who seem impressive with a show of power but are devoid of the truth. We must be on guard against Satan as he can transform himself into an angel of light to deceive us. This calls for a need of discernment in the body of Christ especially as it relates to the end times. As we near the end of the age there will be many false prophets and teachers using supernatural miracles and healing to deceive even God’s elect.

Our prayer must always be for discernment and a love of the truth as we near the coming of our Lord and as we gather under the Headship of Jesus Christ.

2013/7/16 9:58Profile
jstrang

Owasso, OK

Re: Satan’s Co-workers found in meetings of God’s saints

This is so very true and is happening all over right now. Praise God if you are in a church where your pastor prays, weeps and pleads for the fellowship. Praise God if your pastor(s)(elders) refuse to run from biblical truth and at the same time are truly being lead of the Holy Spirit of Almighty God. When your in such a true church, people will either be converted, run for the hills, or persecute you! This is what will happen and is a reality for the saints all over the world.

Jeremy
www.Time2Stand.com

2013/7/16 10:31Profile
iceman9

New York

Re:

Brothers – Where are the weeping pastors?

There are none to be found. Most that I see care more about making a name for themselves than for God. More concerned about recreation and leisure then spending time pressing into God. More time feasting than fasting. Many of the “pastors” I know would be more likely to laugh behind the back of someone with a broken heart then to weep with them. More concerned with not offending people and possibly disrupt their financial security than seeking to have their heart lined up with God’s heart.

Where are the true spiritual leaders of today? Where are the men of God? Where are the true prophets of God?

I see the pastors of today who live two lives. They are spiritual when in the pulpit but so very worldly when out. Where are the men of God who are the same person in the church as they are at home?

I have been in elders meetings that would make the boys locker room in a public school look like a Holy Spirit led prayer meeting. People wonder why I stepped down from that church…

I've talked to "pastors" who know all kinds of sport satistics but know God's Holy Scriptures less than my 9 year old.

They can quote someone's batting average or golf score but can't point out the most basic of Christian doctrines in the Bible. These are not shepherds of God's people. They don't know their place, they don't know there sheep, they don't know God's guiding book.

I want to pray and fellowship with people who want God more than anything else. Where are these people? Where is the remnant of true worshippers of God?

Again – where are the pastor’s that walk so close to God that their hearts break with the things that break the heart of God?

Where are the pastor’s that weep?

2013/7/16 11:24Profile

Re: Satan’s Co-workers found in meetings of God’s saints

Thank you for this post and for the words of encouragement. I have been feed by these daily postings taken from the principles book, because I believe they are relative to the current condition of the church and the need of the hour. Please continue to post as the Lord leads you. God bless and keep the Gordon family in the love of God, K&B

2013/7/16 11:57
Koheleth

NC

Re:

I agree, we need men of God who weep. But we need more than just this. Recently, I have been hearing a loud and earnest call for me who will weep. Jesus certainly did say, "Blessed are those who weep." But in this time of apostasy, we need men who "cry aloud and do not hold back, raise your voice like a trumpet and declare to my people their iniquity and to [my] house their sin!"

Men of such times stand up boldly, forsaking all else for Christ. Our times call for such men. Are you on the alert and ready to be such?

2013/7/16 12:02Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

I understand that the post is mostly cut/pasting from an article.

However, I must interject. Although there is a kernel of truth in the article it is also so riddled with ungodly fear that it creates as much or more error than it could ever solve, in my humble opinion.

The entire tone and flavor would seem to do nothing but instill fear, fret, and worry to most Christians that may not be mature enough to simply judge by the fruit of a ministry and the content of its message.

Do you see the difference? The article ENCOURAGES people to reject anything supernatural based on the fact that it is supernatural. What a total perversion of truth that is.

He is JEHOVAH RAPHA - THE LORD OUR HEALER. The devil isn't my healer... JESUS is! The article encourages Christians to reject God the Father in one of the ways He has revealed Himself.

In reality satan can't heal at all as he does not posses that power. What he does in actuality is strike people with sickness and disease (There are literally piles of scripture to verify this, but I am assuming folks know that...but maybe I shouldn't assume so) after a demon strikes them if there is some advantage to be gained by the demon releasing his grip of sickness/disease he might do so for a while. That is all that happens in those cases. Satan can't heal! Jesus heals those who call on His name in faith!

This article encourages people to judge a ministry based on the fact it has supernatural happenings following it. That idea will certainly take a person INTO being deceived... not kept from it.

DO NOT judge any ministry by manifestations! A ministry is not "of GOD" or "of satan" because it has supernatural manifestations. You can NOT accurately judge on manifestations alone. Judge it by the content of the message it carries and the fruit it produces in the lives of people!

If we were to follow the perspective of this article we would also need to reject the ministries of the Apostle Paul, Peter, many of the OT prophets, Moses, even Jesus Himself! How silly! He seems unaware that although Jannes and Jambres did produce miracles in Pharaoh's court it was the fact that Moses' miracles were more powerful that established his credibility! Do you remember that Moses serpent ate theirs!

If I see demonic supernatural manifestations I intend to confront them in the name of Jesus! I will not run and hide like a coward afraid of the enemy! What a pathetic bunch of weak babies the North American church has become! Instead confront the power of the enemy with the far greater power of the risen Jesus Christ...then when the show down is won, and you have peoples attention, give a clear message of how that same Jesus that just demonstrated His power among them also conquered death, hell, and the grave. That same Jesus paid for thier sin with His own blood and offers eternal life to all who will repent and believe the Gospel. Powerful demonstrations of the supernatural arrest the attention of the world and verify the message of the Gospel (see Mark 16).

God IS NOT in the back seat of power to satan. However, the author does not appear to know that fact.

With my own eyes I have seen arms grown back, people raised from wheelchairs, deaf ears from birth instantly pop open decades later, grapefruit sized cancerous tumors, and larger, instantly melt from the body (once only minutes before they were going to have it surgically removed in the hospital. That one was my own cousin. I know what I am talking about). This is just a small smattering of examples. They are from people I know first hand, know all the back story on, and saw with my own eyes. They were healed in Jesus name in response to believing prayer offered by God's children. This article expects me to believe demons did that? That is utter non sense!

The article states

Quote:
We must be on guard against Satan’s coworkers who appear to have a form of godliness, who seem impressive with a show of power but are devoid of the truth. We must be on guard against Satan as he can transform himself into an angel of light to deceive us. This calls for a need of discernment in the body of Christ especially as it relates to the end times. As we near the end of the age there will be many false prophets and teachers using supernatural miracles and healing to deceive even God’s elect.

While there is again a kernel of truth to that the author appears absolutely ignorant of the balance of scripture. Has he never read 2 Timothy in full?
Quote:
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come....Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. - 2 Tim3:1,3 ESV

. The article appears to actually do that very thing..deny the power! Did you also notice how he took a portion of the 2 Timothy verse and then 180 degree perverted it into exactly opposite of the message and words in scripture? Timothy was actually advised to turn away from the ONES WHO DENY THE POWER.

Again, I can list piles of scripture to verify that. However, I tend to think based on the responses I often see on the threads that the scriptural balance would not have much to do with the discussion. Far more simple emotion and defending of positions has seemed to happen on those topics.

The author appears to put people at risk of possibly rejecting God Himself by his position. It appears to me to be a quite dangerous and immature stance that the Gospel fellowship article took. I have no grievance with them at all. However, this specific article presents a view that will rob Christians of receiving from their Heavenly Father and dampen out His power demonstrated in the earth. This will result in a weakened witness of Him and anemic evangelism resulting.

It appears that the author of the article is AGAINST demonstrating Mark 16 to the world. [
Quote:
these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;...they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover....And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen. Mark 15 ESV

Seems fairly obvious what the signs following believers are to be. He appears to reject that.

He appears to give virtually all credit for power and the supernatural to satan. He appears to fear the power of satan more than the power of God to overcome demons. That is in itself dangerous!

Quote:
God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil . Acts 10:38 ESV

In the New Testament we find it is demon powers afflicting and tormenting people....NOT GOD! Read that verse from Acts again. The article appears to be in direct contradiction to that scripture.

Again, there is a kernel of truth in the article but it is so riddled with fear and error that the end result actually is more deceptive than any deception it tries to reveal.

Do you notice about he speaks at length about the power of satan and great deceptive abilities of the enemy. However, he does not mention the greater power of God to keep you, engage the enemy, or kick the stuffing out of the enemy. It appears he does not realize he actually has the greater power and bigger guns residing in himself if he is a child of God.
Quote:
Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world

Simple enough isn't it?

This article is a result of fear not faith.

If some would actually like to dig on their own the Apostle Paul specifically gives the things that are the marks of a true Apostle in his own words. Surely helps to clear out the type of confusion that article presents when you know what they are from his own mouth.

I apologize for the length of the response. However, I started typing and it just kept coming. If you were patient enough to read through it all it is appreciated.

Blessings!

2013/7/16 12:04Profile

Re: Don't be ruled by paranoia or fear.

I hope we don't go on "witch hunts", now. We should not walk in fear or spread paranoia. The Lord DID SAY that the "goats and sheep", "tares and wheat" will grow up together.

I can see that there is going to be a lot of good sheep destroyed if we continue down this road.

And that there will be heresies amongst us.

1Co_11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

If you try to separate you will harm many sheep.

Mat 13:28 He said unto them, AN ENEMY HATH DONE THIS. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up (PARANOIA,FEAR)?

Mat 13:29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, YE ROOT UP ALSO THE WHEAT WITH THEM (DESTROY THE SHEEP).

Mat 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

1Th 5:14 Now we exhort you, brethren, WARN THEM THAT ARE UNRULY comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, BE PATIENT TOWARD ALL MEN.

Jude 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:
Jude 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Who knows that some might be converted.

Jude 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

2013/7/16 12:33
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Solomon,

I totally get what you are saying. I definitely don't want to walk around in fear. But I don't think the article is advocating rejecting anything miraculous.

This is a very small example, but it happened yesterday. I was witnessing to this man and he was sure that he was saved, although he completely lived like a lost person, and it didn't bother him in the least. His testimony was that he was sitting in church, not paying attention, when suddenly he couldn't stay sat down. He, out of comlete control of his own will, rose up and headed to the front and got baptized. There was no presentation of the gospel.

I told him, "Buddy, I don't care if an angel from heaven appeared to you and told you that you are saved; if you never heard the gospel before then you do not belong to the Lord." Now that man was depending on those things that seemed miraculous to him to confirm his stance with the Lord. But it was clear to him and it was clear to me as we finished talking that he didn't know the Lord. It still didn't bother him, but he knew where he stood.

Jesus will send many to hell and their defense will be "Lord, didn't we prophesy in your name? Didn't we heal in your name? Didn't we cast out demons in your name?" Obviously they were convinced that they were the Lord's because of the miraculous things that they did. But they did not know the Lord.

It should cause us to fear and tremble to hear these things. Doesn't the scripture admonish us to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling?

I think this article is only advocating that we need to be discerning and seek the Lord.

2013/7/16 13:17Profile

Re:

Quote:
I hope we don't go on "witch hunts", now. We should not walk in fear or spread paranoia. The Lord DID SAY that the "goats and sheep", "tares and wheat" will grow up together.

I can see that there is going to be a lot of good sheep destroyed if we continue down this road.

And that there will be heresies amongst us.

1Co_11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

If you try to separate you will harm many sheep. just-in

This business of the wheat and the tares speaks of that place in which the dominion of the kingdom of heaven extends its influence. The parable itself clearly states that its meaning is a field and also that the field is the world. Given that in Revelation we read that in the end, the kingdoms of the world “have become the Kingdom of heaven....” and further that the scripture tells us that the kingdom was in sight from the foundation of the world, it may be possible to understand that when the Lord spoke of wheat and tares growing side by side He was speaking about the world.

What appears to be lost today in many quarters is an understanding that the church is not all that which stands in visibility and name as “the church”. When we meet together it is inevitable that tares will come in amongst the wheat. It is also necessary that the wheat in the end bear fruit and thus are the tares and the wheat separated in visibility. The final separation will be by angels and the meaning will be the end of the world ruled by Satan from the air and the beginning of the visible kingdom of Christ and of Christ Himself ruling from Jerusalem.

So yes we don’t need a witch hunt if that means are tare hunt, but if a witch does come into your meeting and you do not contend with them in the power of the Holy Spirit you will be handing the place over to them in whatever measure they are used by Satan. This may seem like a silly thing to say but it is not silly it is precisely true and happens. How can it happen? Because not all of the tares are simply foolish men and women with good intentions following every sign and wonder and therein believing they have some evidence of God. Who by that means of the visibility and show of the power of God, in name though in truth not so, are thereby deceived into believing they are part of the kingdom of God. Of course they are in one profound sense yet it is not a life relationship if in fact they are not born from on high, but a relationship of death in Adam and in the world, perishing and passing away. Some of these tares are in fact wicked and deceitful men and women. Who as the article says can be recognised by their sensuous greed lives. They are the false workers and the false prophets and false apostles and false men and women who profit from God and the things of God taking that which is not theirs, rather the Father’s purchase, by the blood of Christ and making it a thing of their own. Such men and women should be feared and rejected. If they who behave in this sensuous and covetous way in the end prove to be brethren it will because in their rejection of the true saints will once again turn and repent of their greed and sensuality.

The idea that it is possible to simple wield the power of God like a sword and lay waste to these men and women, as though this would in any event prove anything, is similarly wrong. There are a few exceptional deceivers and they do in fact need to be contended with in the power of the Spirit. There are even fewer truly wicked men and women as these things are measured and they can be dealt with by the power of God and this must needs be apostolic; yet show me the apostle and I will show you the power of God working in sound truth. In the end the Lord Himself permits these things because it is His body and if His body is lazy and fleshy He will permit the enemy to have his way among them, even unto death. Such is the meaning of end time deceivers of which there will be many because they would not repent and would not turn away from their wickedness who listen to these false workers.

2013/7/16 13:32

Re:

Amr,

"witch-hunt" is an american colloquialism.

But, good post.

2013/7/16 15:34

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy