SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Except for Fornication Free Ebook/PDF

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Dimlyviewed

Except for Fornication Free Ebook/PDF

I posted a link to a free giveaway for a close brother's book that was printed.

You can still access the 'longer' version of his published work http://www.cyber-chapel.org/LetNotManPutAsunder.pdf for free.

Don't forget to save it as on your desktop!

James
http://www.seekingakingdom.com

2013/7/15 22:36Profile
Sree

Re: Except for Fornication Free Ebook/PDF

I did not get a chance to read it fully but based on what I read (Summary of many chapters), I find this book very interesting and also Biblically accurate.

To those who have not gone though this book, the author has done a detailed study of Marriage in Biblical perspective. It is not a book to explain personal experience but a book to explain biblical view of Marriage and divorce. He concludes correctly that Divorce is not permitted in Bible, especially in New Covenant. He also proposes different alternate Godly solutions for problems in Marriage that are normally used to justify Divorce among Believers.

2013/7/16 0:39Profile
savannah

Re: Marriage, Divorce, and Remarriage in the Bible

James,

You said, "With so much at stake concerning the impact that divorce and remarriage can have on families, it is essential to be diligent in understanding what the rest of the scriptures teach on this topic."

I agree with what you've said in the above quote.

That is why I'd challenge you to read Jay E. Adams' book Marriage, Divorce, and Remarriage in the Bible - A Fresh Look at What Scripture Teaches, published in 1980. It is only 128 pages.

One reader has stated, "Other than the Bible itself, this book is remarkable in its comprehensive look at the sin of divorce. While it is certainly a "quick read" it is very thorough and, in my opinion, the very best on the topic."

Another reader,Phil writes, "One of the most outstanding things about this book is that it not only presents the author's viewpoint, but also addresses and dismantles the claims and assertions of most opposing viewpoints. He goes verse by verse, in whole context, and not this "single verse theology" or Scripture hop-scotch that so often flows from the anti-remarriage crowd. He does this with great research from a variety of other authors (all Christians of course), including historical as well as Greek and Hebrew language background information. Tons of footnotes and references are included."

Rather than condemn ALL the remarried to the lake of fire, do a diligent research of the scriptures,"...in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction."

Of a truth, there are some " Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm. But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully."

May we be taught by His Spirit to use His Law, Lawfully!

2013/7/16 1:25Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy