SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : South African Pastor Calls Prosperity Gospel Damaging, Asks 'Where Are We Heading To?'

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 South African Pastor Calls Prosperity Gospel Damaging, Asks 'Where Are We Heading To?'

Thuso Kewana, an ordained pastor and ministry leader living in impoverished South Africa, says he can be silent no longer about the damaging effects of the prosperity gospel, an American export he believes is unbiblical and used by wolves in sheep's clothing to prey on mostly charismatic and Pentecostal Christians not only in his country, but around the world.

Kewana, speaking recently via phone from his home in Polokwane in the Limpopo province, bordered by Botswana, Zimbabwe and Mozambique, told The Christian Post he has witnessed how the prosperity gospel can warp people's understanding of God — leaving the impression that He requires worshippers to give money, to ministers, churches or their favorite television network, before they can be blessed with financial, physical and spiritual well-being. ...

read more: http://www.christianpost.com/news/south-african-pastor-calls-prosperity-gospel-damaging-asks-where-are-we-heading-to-99712/

2013/7/12 8:35Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: South African Pastor Calls Prosperity Gospel Damaging, Asks 'Where Are We He

[Quote]Kewana,told The Christian Post he has witnessed how the prosperity gospel can warp people's understanding of God — leaving the impression that He requires worshippers to give money, to ministers, churches or their favorite television network, before they can be blessed with financial, physical and spiritual well-being.[/QUOTE]

I just can't imagine any real Christian serving the real God, can be that mislead to have their mind warped to believe this. Maybe they should re-examine their own personal walk, if they are able to be mislead this bad. If they are in the word more, they would know better, the word has all the real answers. In my opinion, both the pastor and the person might be a little warped.

2013/7/12 10:43Profile
havok20x

Re:

MrBillPro,

Truthfully, I have a tendency to agree with you. However, I think this has a lot to do with a lack of maturity in believers. A believer who has been walking with the Lord for years, who is maturing as He becomes more and more like his Lord will naturally hear this doctrine, and by both the scriptures and his own experiences, will know that it flies in the face of true grace (which includes suffering, trials, and struggles interwoven with peace, hope, and blessing). However, many TV preachers and many Christian books teach this very doctrine. And a brand new Christian has the greatest desire to learn and feed on Truth, so early on they sometimes will listen to those preachers and read those books and by and by, they will fall into this line of thinking if another brother is not there to catch them and guide them into truth. The Holy Spirit is most certainly there, but if they start reading the scriptures through the lenses of the prosperity gospel, everything starts to look like it.

I don't think this is always the case, but in my opinion, I think this is where a lot of this comes from. Also, what chance does a new believer have if they hear it from sunday school and the preacher and everyone in that church. It really does make me angry, but what can I do about it?

2013/7/12 14:21Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy