SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Interesting analogy...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Interesting analogy...

When Queen Elizabeth II was introduced to four of Britain's most famous rock guitarists at a Buckingham Palace party honoring the music industry, she asked, "And what do you do?"

The four, who met the Queen on March 1, included Jimmy Page (of Led Zepplin) and Eric Clapton. It is obvious that the Queen is not much of a rock fan.

To be unknown to the Queen of England is not a very serious matter, but a scene described by Jesus Christ in [b]Matthew 7[/b] depicts a much more serious proposition.

[i]"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? AND THEN WILL I PROFESS UNTO THEM, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from me, ye that work iniquity"[/i] (Matt. 7:21-23).

The most important thing in life is to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

Krispy

2005/3/18 6:48
mloaks

So. MD, USA

Re: Interesting analogy...

Cool. Wonder if she will knight any of those dudes, like she did Paul and Jagger?
Now, there is an analogy! I Cor 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. KJV

Thanks, Krispy. Another helpful thread...

2005/3/18 9:16Profile

Krispy,

the passage from Matthew suggests that you can claim Jesus as your savior and preach and even cast out devils, but if you don't serve the poor, and do the good works the Father commands, it is all for not. Thus the "saving knowledge of Jesus Christ" needs to be backed up with works and a life of service to our fellow humans.

Bubbaguy

2005/3/18 10:06

Re:

Quote:
Thus the "saving knowledge of Jesus Christ" needs to be backed up with works and a life of service to our fellow humans.

This is true, Bubba... and it can be argued that if one hasnt backed up with works and a life of service to our fellow humans, then that one probably was never truly saved to begin with.

I'm impressed, Bub... keep it up. 8-)

Krispy

2005/3/18 12:20
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re:

If you check the scripture a little closer, Jesus rebukes those for doing "many wonderfull works". Works are not what brings favour with God.
John 6:29 Jesus answered and said to them, This is the work of God, that you believe on Him who He has sent. Clearly, not having a PERSONAL relationship with Jesus is the problem with this group of "believers."
lol Greg

2005/3/19 0:24Profile

You know you can tell who says "LORD" is genuine or not. I have met people who say they are christian but when they use that word "LORD" it like their heart is not in Him, you can feel it. You feel a seperation that the LORD that they are talking about is not the same one you know.

Has anyone else sensed this as well?

2005/3/19 0:39
mloaks

So. MD, USA

Re:

''..I have met people who say they are christian but when they use that word "LORD" it like their heart is not in Him, you can feel it...''

Yes, but then I also wonder if for some it is the emotion of guilt from lack of repentance, like when you had to 'fess up to your Momma when you where little. You do not feel worthy, I suppose...

This song expresses it for me, sorta... 'Moth', by Over The Rhine, 1999.
http://www.overtherhine.com/music/mp3attic/index.html
(free download)

2005/3/23 14:56Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy