SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can A Christian Have Tattoos?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
PosterThread
acarrollfan

Re: Can A Christian Have Tattoos?

Thank you everyone for the input.

Shall we have more discussions like this?

It's gonna make the forum more lively.

2013/7/11 22:43Profile
Sree

Re: Lysa

I appreciate your response. I just want to post my understanding on this subject. It does not mean that you are wrong and I am right. Just an alternate view.

I do not believe that Christians are expected to work in their own groups, like those with Tattoo will work together etc. Though I agree the practical aspect of what you said, I feel God's will is different.

Isaiah 11-6:-And the wolf will dwell with the lamb,
And the leopard will lie down with the young goat,
And the calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
And a little boy will lead them.
Also the cow and the bear will graze,
Their young will lie down together.

Animals of totally different character which normally hunt the other are explained here to dwell together. This is the symbol of Church in God's vision. If the Spirit has united us together then we can all live and dwell together.

A man of God whom I respect has a tattoo which he always tries to hide. I think he hid it so that I won't be offended to fellowship with him or consider it appropriate for Christian to have one. I know his testimony and his past life as a gypsy. So I had zero judgmental thought on it. It did not bother me even 1 bit that he had a tattoo. We always enjoyed our fellowship with one another and talked for hours.

In CFC churches in India, you can see the professor of top university in India working together as elder with a bus driver or daily laborer. One who is extremely intellectual and other who has never got any formal education. But they are brothers in Christ and united in 1 spirit, working as fellow elders for edification of Church.

This is oneness in Spirit that Jesus prayed for believers (John 17). I am sure there are those who get offended to fellowship with people of different status but they do not understand the full gospel.

2013/7/12 1:30Profile
brothagary

Re:

I think Andrew your response contains wisdom

the stumbling block principle is of utmost importants
thanks for your honesty

blessings to all

2013/7/12 4:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy