SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : I thank God For the freedom I have in the USA

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rbanks

I thank God For the freedom I have in the USA

Most of all I thank God for the freedom that I have in Christ.

My hope is that everybody could live in a free country but most of all that everybody would receive true freedom in Christ.

Galatians 4:26 (NKJV)
but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Galatians 5:1 (NKJV)
Chapter 5
Christian Liberty
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.

Galatians 5:13 (NKJV)
For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

2 Corinthians 3:17-18 (KJV)
Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Christ is the only one who can truly make us free.

We are liberated for transformation. Christ liberates us from sin and bondage in order to transform us into His image from glory to glory

The goal is Christ likeness, for us to be conformed to the image of Christ!

God said about Jesus "this is my believed Son in whom I am we'll pleased" and we should not be completely satisfied until we are completely formed to His image. That is the only reason for our freedom "is to be like him"!!!

Blessings...from brother rbanks

2013/7/5 11:16Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: I thank God For the freedom I have in the USA

Many think themselves "free" in the USA but are actually in chains and tyranny of an enemy. That enemy is sin, pleasure, self and the devil.

2013/7/5 11:18Profile
rbanks

Re:

Amen brother.Greg!

That is why we all need the freedom that only Christ can give!!

2013/7/5 11:32Profile
rbanks

Re:

One has not true freedom unless Christ has made us free!

But that freedom as in the OP is not a freedom for an opportunity of the flesh but to go from glory to glory being changed into His image.

2013/7/5 11:37Profile
lovejt

Re:

Amen. Thats all i was thinking about yesterday too amidst the parades and whatnot. Also the ministry and life of Eric Liddell. God can place us anywhere and we can have this incredible life from above. Freedom is also a daily dependence on Christ.

2013/7/5 13:02Profile
rbanks

Re:

There is another thread entitled "the freedom I desire"

Using the scripture Galatians 2:20 (KJV)
I am crucified with Christ:nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Paul was not talking about a freedom he desired but a freedom he was experiencing. Paul had that freedom from the law, sin, and fear of death by being crucified with Christ.

Paul was a new creature in Christ and his old man was crucified with Christ. He no longer lived unto himself but unto Christ by faith through His Spirit that lived in him.

This freedom is for all who believe and will reckon themselves dead but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

This freedom is wonderfully experienced by the Spirit of the Lord, then we go from glory to glory being changed into His image as by the Spirit of the Lord. We need to turn to the Lord so that the veil can be removed so that we can behold the glory of the Lord as in a mirror that will be His reflection to conform us into His image as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Brothers & Sisters Christ has called us to freedom not to bondage. Paul made himself a bond servant to Christ out of Love but He was still free.

Blessings...from brother rbanks

2013/7/5 17:49Profile
acarrollfan

Re: I thank God For the freedom I have in the USA

In my country, spreading the good news to the people who are attached to the national religion is illegal.

2013/7/8 8:50Profile
BroRaymond

Re:

That freedom is quickly fading. John Adams said the constitution was made for a moral and religious people and would not work for any other. As Americans reject Christ we have seen the liberties go away because the only basis of true liberty is through Christ. If you love these liberties preach Christ! Redeem the time, pray for this nation and its leaders for dark times are coming otherwise

2013/7/12 14:57Profile

Re:

You know BroRaymond, there is actually a lot of truth to what you say. "If you love these liberties, preach Christ!". Amen!

It is these liberties that God has used to bless the world with the Gospel.

2013/7/12 15:47

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy