SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Need Help

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MarkDaniel

Midwest, USA

Need Help

I heard what I know was a false prophetess speak last weekend. As I am discerning her message on tape, I could use some help with scripture on one last issue I heard this woman preach.

In the following quote, she is speaking as though she is speaking to Jesus in a vision as she is describing the vision to the crowd on the recording:

"You went to hell Lord, you went there for three days! You took captivity captive! You took the keys of the kingdom away from the enemy and gave them to who? (asking the crowd) Who did He give the keys to the kingdom to? To His people yes! Yes YOU!" she exclaims to the crowd.

I need biblical reference and insight to the keys of the Kingdom versus keys of death and Hades only. Is what she said biblically sound? NO THEOLOGY please. Thank you in advance. PM me if you wish.

Mark

2005/3/17 15:00Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Need Help

Quote:
I heard what I know was a false prophetess speak last weekend. As I am discerning her message on tape, I could use some help with scripture on one last issue I heard this woman preach.

I am just wondering what your motivation is in trying to discern and disect this message. Personally if you think the person is utterly false then to listen to him or her would result in subjecting yourself to false doctrines and teachings. I would just avoid these teachings and focus your mind on things that are right.

2005/3/17 18:30Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re: Need Help

Hi Mark,

Quote:
Is what she said biblically sound? NO THEOLOGY please.

This would make an answer imposible. :-? Any answer you'll get is, by its very nature, going to be theological. This is like saying, "Please solve this mathmatic equation without using mathmatics."

As far as I know of, there is no reference in Scripture to Satan ever having the keys to death and hades; they always belonged to Jesus.

Quote:
Who did He give the keys to the kingdom to? To His people yes! Yes YOU!"

When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, "Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades. Rev.1:17-18(NASB)

Our comfort is that HE has the keys, not us.

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2005/3/17 18:45Profile
MarkDaniel

Midwest, USA

Re:

Quote:
I am just wondering what your motivation is in trying to discern and disect this message.

Your response reveals much about your judgment of my heart. My motivation is clear...I am looking to let the 200 or so believers at the meeting that night know this person did not come in the name of my LORD, but by a lying and deceiving spirit.
Quote:
Personally if you think the person is utterly false then to listen to him or her would result in subjecting yourself to false doctrines and teachings.

I was invited by friends to listen to this false prophet and was literally brought to tears to see that they are following her, along with 200 other of my brethren. I had no choice than to listen and to discern for my edification. This lying prophet comes in the name of Jesus Christ, is being given powers to predict lying signs and wonders and calls them of GOD.
Quote:
I would just avoid these teachings and focus your mind on things that are right.

My motivation is to protect and warn the flock at any cost. Your "encouragement" to just retreat and "focus my mind on what is right" would result in the flock being lured in to a trap and destroyed.

Whose side are you on exactly?

1 Corinthians 12:10...to another discerning of spirits...

2005/3/17 19:55Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

I'm not sure if you all disagre with me or not, but my questions begin when I hear of women teaching. The Bible is quite clear on this issue, and my own personal convictions agree. I have seen too many false teachers who are women and, like Paul, I would rather see older women teaching younger women, not teaching in the Church.

(Gulp, let's see what becomes of this post :-) )

PS- If these women were truly ministers of the truth, I would expect to see them submitting to their husbands (earthly and God), learning in quietness, and acknowledging how God wants them to live, with decency, propriety, and clothed with good deeds. A man is no more valuable than a woman, but both have very different ROLES.

2005/3/21 13:38Profile
dohzman

Re: Dear Bro. Mark

First let me say that sometimes these issues are like trying to hold water in your hand with the letting out of it causeing strife. So first of all you need to know that you have the wisdom from above which is first of all pure(no sin there,not even in your personal bias or heart),peaceable, gentle,reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwaivering, without hypocrisy. (James 3:17-18) Note verse 18---And the SEED whose fruit is righteousness is SOWN in peace by those who make peace. It takes the touch of a farmer to learn how to plant truth into the soil of the heart. Indeed to cultivate the soil by prayer with fasting and then to humbly share the written word and scriptural insights to that word and to learn not to go beyond a seed here and a seed there will produce for you an abundant harvest and protect the souls of your hearers.In this way you'll be heard and not offend and won't have need to name names and accuse anyone of false teaching.I'll pray that God will help you. Bro. Daryl

2005/3/21 17:24Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy