SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics :  I've Found a Solution for Health Coverage Under ObamaCare

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Thanks, just-in.

2013/7/1 15:13Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: medicare oh the joy

Hi, Sandra.

As I write this, my wife is here helping me sort out a simple answer!

Medicare part A is free from the government. But wait...

This is the hospital coverage, and they only pay 80% of what they think the bill should be. You are obligated for the rest.

Part B is fairly low cost, and optional. This part covers doctor's services, but again about 80% of what they think the costs should be. Again, hanging on the hook for the rest is you...

Part D is the drug program, again optional, I don't do drugs.

And I think that part C is when you assign all the benefits to one of the HMO/PPOs that take the money and promise to take care of you. If you aren't scared yet you probably should be...

But if you take the supplement from a private carrier, they pick up whatever Medicare doesn't, and in this environment that can be a big deal. There is a window to sign up for this, (you will get unsolicited mail) where you can jump in with your pre-existing conditions. This cost goes up regularly, as the horror of Obamacare opens before us much like a Seal in the book of Revelation.

If you can stomach it, the Social Security offices have people you can go see who will explain it all.

Of course after that visit you may want to take up drinking...

2013/7/1 15:58Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Does any one have any insight into medi-share ?

http://mychristiancare.org/medi-share/

2013/7/1 22:27Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

sidewalk,

A friend of ours has Humana and talk about frustrations! Doctors do not want to treat her because they do not accept Humana customers. After listening to her share her experiences with doctors and Humana I wonder why bother?? It would be a whole lot easier and cheaper to die then dealing with this mess! I kid you not!

Yes, we get a lot of unsolicited mail advertising medical insurance, burial insurance, dental insurance... if you were to subscribe to all of them there would be very little left of your SS check. These mailings all end up in the trash can - unopened! Reckon it helps the USPS...

If this does not destroy your confidence in the medical business I do not know what will. God is a whole lot better to deal with then men driven by greed and lust for power.

Thanks for the 'encouraging' information. :-/

Sandra

2013/7/1 23:18Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re:

We got the private supplement from one of many insurance company options, and went with plan F. This is good coverage and allows us to get any help we want from any medical facility.

I do recommend you talk to both the Social Security people and one of the supplement providers to explain the current options.

That said, this whole thing will be subject to change since the Affordable Care act cannot actually work. It is way more about force and fines than it is about affordable health care. Even before it is was jammed through the Congress as un-read legislation, (We have to pass it to see what's in it!) Investors Business Daily conducted a poll among doctors and found that about 40% said they would probably leave medical practice if the bill passed.

No one wants to get care from an angry doctor who is thinking of quitting!

This is going to get ugly in the very near future. We need to get to know Jehovah Raphah! (God is my Healer!)

2013/7/2 0:44Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Actually, what I think would serve mankind better is if God's people would do two things: one, learn to trust the LORD for your healings; two, knowing that God uses nature to heal, have God fearing men and women band together and form their own medical clinics and hospitals that do not accept any gov payments AND one where their customers will sign a waiver they will not sue them or the facility in case something does not go as planned. There are doctors that do operate this way: they have no mal-practice insurance and they post notices in their office they accept no insurance money. I am told they do not lack for business.

Modern Americans are in bondage to big business, have no clue how to think outside the box, being creative in how do things, including the practice of medicine. (Our former church overseer is a physician. He told us most physicians practice medicine for the money, he does it to help people.) Americans have become conditioned to not think for themselves, waiting instead on others to do for them what they could do for themselves if they just stopped to think a while. Maybe this happened because they are no longer connected to the Creator God who imparts his ability to create to the ones who are created in his likeness???

Just thinking...got to think outside the box!!!

2013/7/2 15:54Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Amen sister!

Sandra, I do like the way you think! It would be wonderful to sit and chat with you with some cold sweet tea and warm Jesus!

As a former nurse, I agree wholeheartedly with your idea for small clinics with doctors of health rather than just doctors of medicine. All services would serve the public better if people had to shop around and pay their own way, but we have come to believe that my excellent healthcare should be paid for by someone else. Like that's ever going to work!

Back to the Samaritan Ministries concept, this is probably as close as we can come to the principle of taking responsibility for one's own care without radically changing the entire system.

2013/7/2 19:11Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Tom, if you are a former nurse, maybe you can start helping people on the side? We used to have nurses in our church and they loved to 'play doctor'! When mothers had children who were fussy, they would take them to her and she would check their ears, and whatever else needed checking. This nurse had a child with severe birth defects so she had equipment that most nurses likely did not have.

(Yes, I have a sister who is an RN and we would talk a lot about health care. Her husband, who is in his 50s just got an associate degree in nursing this spring! The second of my brother's in law to do so - both in their 50s!!)

Tom, do you know the history of nursing? I have been told it was when the women in the early church would go from house to house nursing the sick. Since they were Christian women they wore caps in case they needed to pray. This is the history of nurses wearing caps. Yes, nursing the sick is an old, old ministry chiefly performed by the sisters in the church - might had to go back to the old way....

When y'all come this way, I will be delighted to serve you tea although it might be mint tea!

God bless.

Sandra

2013/7/2 20:05Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: A nursing story

My first "nursing hat" was a steel helmet! I had left Bible School in some disgust- when you are in your early 20's you sometimes do stupid stuff like that- and was quickly drafted into the Viet Nam war. I became a medic, and God protected me through some very dangerous times. Actually, I am happy to have lived, but I know that each day I am alive is extra. By all rights I should be on the Wall in Washington.

I do reflect back on my 15 year career as a nurse from time to time. Mostly I came to see the medical profession as a humanist perversion of what was once a very sacred calling. Working in psychiatry which is where I ended up, prayer with patients was forbidden. I did what I could at work, but it was very frustrating. In group therapy I would use other words to communicate Christian thought, I couldn't use "forgiveness" or "sin."

The shining moment of my career just happened one day when one of my patients was a former nun who was in for her long running psychosis, a schizophrenic with voices. Her doctors had run enough electricity through her brain to light up a small city, but the symtoms continued. She had been put out of her religious order some time previously, she was just too sick to work in that.

I asked her one day what she thought the voices were. "Is it the Devil?" She asked.

I said to her "Probably not the big guy, but his demons." Then I asked her if she knew Jesus.

The way she answered sent a warm wave at me. "I love Jesus," she said, and I knew she meant it.

"If you love Jesus, I don't think you need to listen to those things."

Closing the door to her room behind me, I reached over and put my hand on her head. I had in no way planned any of this, it just seemed to flow and I went with it.

"In the Name of Jesus, get away from this woman!" I commanded. No long prayer, no pleading, basically just that one sentence.

I removed my hand and just asked her, "What happened?"

Her eyes were wide. "Ooh! They were real close, I can still hear them but they are very far away!"

I told her that I had no special magic, that if she belonged to Jesus she could just do that herself. Just use the Name of Jesus.

The shift ended, and I went home. But the next day when I came in and saw her, she was ecstatic. "It works! It works! It works!!"

She left the hospital shortly after that, and I gave her the phone number of a ministry she could call if she thought she was getting into trouble again. But she never came back into the hospital and did not call the ministry. I of course hope she was OK, but I had no way to know.

I have no idea what I entered into her chart that day, but it wasn't the detail I now share. Fortunately, I think the statute of limitations has expired in my favor, but Satan still doesn't like me.

I'm OK with that. I don't like him either.

2013/7/2 22:27Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Awesome...really awesome how the LORD used you to help this lady...

Now, what is there to keep a person from meeting people's needs like this informally?

The fact that professional medicine as we have known it for the past 70 years, give or take, may come to be beyond the reach of many may in reality provide God's people an opportunity to deal with sickness the way he intended it to be. In essence it may turn out to be a blessing, a rich opportunity for ministry.

For us, we have not had health insurance for many years. Before that we were part of Christian Care Medi-share, a wonderful group that works to assist Believers with medical bills, but we quit when we could not afford it. We never had any medical bills that needed reimbursing during this time nor since. Anyhow, my husband and I take our physical needs to the LORD and he either healed us, or gave us insight to what we needed to do to fix the problem. We rarely go to doctors. Today I attribute our good health to the LORD.

(I have nothing against the medical profession. I do find it troubling how its practice has become contaminated by greed.)

God bless.

Sandra

2013/7/3 2:35Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy