SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics :  I've Found a Solution for Health Coverage Under ObamaCare

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
  I've Found a Solution for Health Coverage Under ObamaCare

Saints,

This is an announcement sent out by the ministry of Heaven's Family run by David Servant. I really endorse this as "one solution" for saints out there that need to adjust how they cover their families if they felt led to do this.

Dear Friends,

For most of our adult lives, my wife and I have lived without health insurance. Our financial resources as well as our stewardship convictions have been the determining factors. The Lord has generally kept us healthy, and when we did face medical situations that required money, He has provided. (Believe it or not, our three children were all born at home with the help of midwives, saving us a substantial amount of money over hospital births.)

It was just a couple of years ago that Heaven's Family was able to start providing HRAs (Health Reimbursement Accounts) for our paid staff members. It was not health insurance, but it could be used by employees to help pay for health insurance premiums (something I did not do).

Of course, ObamaCare is changing everything in 2014, and Becky and I will now be required to purchase health insurance or pay a fine that increases each year over the next few years. We've explored quite a few options, and we've decided to join a program called Samaritan Ministries, through which over 25,000 Christian households currently share more than $6 million in medical needs each month---directly from one household to another.

Samaritan Ministries is not an insurance company. It provides, however, a biblical way for Christians to meet one another's health care needs without using health insurance. It also legally satisfies the individual mandate in the recent Federal health care law (United States Code 26, Section 5000A, (d), (2), (B)). And it is considerably less expensive than any health insurance plan that I researched.

I like the fact that we send our monthly $315 payment directly to another Christian family facing medical needs, and knowing that, if Becky or I face medical expenses, other believers will be sending to us what we need to cover most of our costs. And I'm glad that we're not paying monthly health insurance premiums that help fund abortions or exotic vacations for insurance executives.

I thought many of our friends might also be interested in this. If you are as U.S. citizen who is trying to figure out your course of action under ObamaCare, I encourage you to look into Samaritan Ministries by clicking here: http://samaritanministries.org/cnet/51c130f68.php

If this is of interest to you, please let me know (at [email protected]) so I can send you some additional information about two options that offer ancillary health care benefits that are not covered in this brief email or at the Samaritan Ministries website.

Every blessing,

David

2013/6/27 19:44Profile
proudpapa

Re: I've Found a Solution for Health Coverage Under ObamaCare

This is what we have been discussing.

$315 a month is Possible,

but it will not be easy for my family.

2013/6/27 20:00Profile

Re:

315 a month, but is there a deductible? And how much coverage are we talking about? 70%, 80%, 90%, 100%?

Just saying 315.00 a month does not tell you everything. I will check that link out and see if it answers these and other questions. Thank you.

2013/6/28 3:33
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I believe its 100% or almost. But I am not sure. I hope this can be a solution for some.

2013/6/28 10:17Profile
proudpapa

Re:

I wrote ///$315 a month is Possible///

but it is not $315 for me, but instead it is

Two-Parent Family
$370

That will be extremely difficult for 1 income self employed families such as mine.

that is more than the payments on a 30 year Mortgage for an $85,000 loan with %10 down at %4 interest which would be $365.22 a month

$85,000 buys a very nice home in my part of the country

2013/6/28 11:03Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

What is the base monthly price for Obama-care for a Two-Parent Family?

2013/6/28 11:41Profile

Re:

"Memberships are not refused on the basis of health although conditions that exist before membership may be limited or excluded from publication."

"There are spiritual requirements for membership that are explained in the Guidelines, and a member’s pastor or church leader is asked to verify that the member meets the requirements."

Are they ok with Home Churches?

"10. What kind of requirements do members have to meet?
Members must be professing Christians who attend church regularly. They must agree to abstain from sinful practices such as drug abuse and sexual immorality. They must be accountable to a pastor or other church leader for the needs
they submit. For a detailed statement of requirements,
consult Section I."

I wonder how they define a "pastor". Can it be an elder brother in the house church who has a full-time job or does he have to have some kind of Seminary degree and professional pastor's job? Does the pastor need to show some type of worldly certificate or degree?

What is not paid for?

"Needs resulting from conditions that existed prior to your membership are usually not shared (see Section VII for details). Routine checkups and preventative care are considered items that can be included in your budget and are not shared. There is limited sharing of maternity needs related to a conception prior to membership. Most dental, audiological, and optical related needs are not shared."

"Samaritan Ministries International is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) charity."

"32. How are members of SMI affected by the new federal health care law?
Starting in 2014 the new law requires individuals to purchase health insurance or pay a penalty. However, the law also contains a provision that members of health care sharing ministries are not subject to the insurance requirement. Therefore, the new law does not hinder current or new members of SMI from participating in our ministry."

Some requirements:
"Attend church regularly (at least three out of four weeks per month that your health or weather permits). Hebrews 10:25 If it is not possible for you to attend church, please submit a letter giving the details. If you disagree with the
determination made, upon your request we will present the situation to 13 members chosen at random, and they will determine your eligibility for Samaritan Ministries."

Be sure to read what is "publishable" (covered) or not.

http://samaritanministries.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/20130614Guidelines.pdf

"Each household must participate in Save to Share™ with the same level of membership (single, couple, single-parent family, or twoparent family) as they have in CHCN."

"In addition to the annual administrative fee, each participating household must set aside funds that will be dedicated for use in the Save to Share™ program. As of June 2013, the current annual household amount required to
be set aside is $133 for singles, $266 for couples and single-parent families, and $399 for two parent families."

A two parent family with kids could then be paying about 400.00 per month if you factor the 399.00 in. (399/12+370).

No deductible (it is not an insurance company) and many routine things are not covered.

2013/6/28 12:23
proudpapa

Re: I've Found a Solution for Health Coverage Under ObamaCare

///For most of our adult lives, my wife and I have lived without health insurance. Our financial resources as well as our stewardship convictions have been the determining factors. The Lord has generally kept us healthy, and when we did face medical situations that required money, He has provided. (Believe it or not, our three children were all born at home with the help of midwives, saving us a substantial amount of money over hospital births.)///

I can relate almost word for word with this.

///Of course, ObamaCare is changing everything in 2014, and Becky and I will now be required to purchase health insurance or pay a fine that increases each year over the next few years. We've explored quite a few options, and we've decided to join a program called Samaritan Ministries, through which over 25,000 Christian households currently share more than $6 million in medical needs each month---directly from one household to another.///

even at $399 for two parent families, I know of no better of an option.

but it will be a tremendous financial burden on my family. this is not Samaritan Ministries fault at all.

ObamaCare is the fault.

2013/6/28 13:27Profile

Re:

There is probably not a better option for those that cannot get medical insurance through their employer. I pay 82.00 per bi-weekly paycheck. 164.00 a month for the full premium family plan. After Obamacare is implemented I will let you know how my plan changes.

2013/6/28 13:57
proudpapa

Re:

RE: ////After Obamacare is implemented I will let you know how my plan changes./////

our local hospital layed off 20 nurses last week and is expecting to be laying off even more.

I asked someone affiliated with the situation, what did people just stop getting sick?

They told me it was happening because the hospital is loosing so much money because of the new Obamacare, that they are having to drastically cut cost.

Americans wanted change, they certainly are getting it.

2013/6/28 14:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy