SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Death to Sin

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Death to Sin

"Death to sin must not be looked upon simply as a past landmark in the spiritual life. If this is done, sin in its more subtle forms will reassert its mastery without being recognised and called sin." 'Climax of the Risen Life' by Jessis Penn-Lewis.

It is in the day when we find ourselves in the 'winepress', the day when deep trouble presses in on all sides, that light is given and the purposes of God are revealed, as in Psalm 84 v6:-

Who passing through the Valley of Baca (the valley of weeping) make it a well

It is only the sons of the winepress that learn to sing in the midst of it, and to learn that it is out of death, and identification with the Son of God, that life can be brought forth. It is when we are able to kiss the feet and pour out our tears upon the feet of He who trod the winepress that the blessings of the new wine of Life in the Spirit springs forth. As Mary broke the alabaster jar in John chapter 12 and poured out her most precious posession, annointing the feet of Jesus, so we are given the same opportunity.

When the testing hour comes upon man, it is the crisis which determines the future, in the midst of our trouble and despair, and presents us with the way to bless the feet and pour out our lives as a sacrifice to Him who treads the grapes in the winepress. The 'grapes' that are crushed will pour forth the new wine as rivers of living waters.

What is our alabaster vase? It is our most precious posession-our freedom to choose. It is the greatest gift that God gives man, not to be automatons whom God could have easily created, if all that He required was worship by any means, but He has given us the ability to choose to give our love to Him. How much man suffers when his freedom to choose is taken away from him, as when he is imprisoned or put into slavery. We have freedom to choose our direction, but we cannot control the results that occur on the path we choose. If we do not choose the life in the Spirit, we will reap the harvest. Deut32v32:-

For their vine is the vine of Sodom and of the fields of Gomorrah, their grapes are grapes of gall their clusters are bitter.

v33Their wine is the poison of dragons, and the cruel venom of asps

v35To me belongeth vengance and recompence, their foot shall slide in due time for the day of their calamity is at hand and the things that shall come upon them make hast

v36For the Lord shall judge His people and repent for Himself his servants, when He seeth that their power is gone and there is none shut up or left

v37and He shall say 'Where are their gods, their rock in whom they trusted

v38which did eat of the fat of their sacrifices and drink the wine of their drink offerings? Let them rise up and help you and be your protection

v39See now that I even I am He and there is no god with Me, I kill and I make alive, I wound and I heal, neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand

v40For I lift up my hand to heaven and say I live for ever
Brenda

2013/6/27 4:28

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy