SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christian action or inaction

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Christian action or inaction

Remember when there was the whoopla over Chic fil a on the marriage stance? And then there was a call for support on a certain day to go buy something from them? What do you suppose that does in the end? Anything?

Do you notice that when major issues comes up before courts that Christians do not approve of that we only find Christians outside holding up banners while the opposition are the ones who are filling the courtrooms? This while Christians are protesting outside doing nothing constructive. Is it more constructive to hold signs in protest or be involved and be in the building?

Even today I saw lines of people lines up for DOMA at the Supreme Court. They have mobilized and it is a reflection of the culture change. If there are Christians there I bet you won't find any inside. They will be outside holding up banners. This while the group inside will be counting on the Supreme Court to side with them. And then. locally, this weekend there is a gay pride festival in St. Petersburg, FL. Media says they expect 120,000 people there and even more if DOMA is changed. I bet Christians will be there holding signs as well? Does that really do anything?

Why do Christians not mobilize more like this? Are we too fragmented to come together in unity? It seems it is too easy to go buy something. It only takes an hour out of our lives and we don't have to talk to too many people. Otherwise we might have to camp out and exert alot of energy to fight for justice. This is what the homosexual community is doing and look who is prevailing.

Something to think about
John

2013/6/26 9:09Profile
MaryJane

Re: Christian action or inaction

Why do Christians not mobilize more like this? Are we too fragmented to come together in unity? It seems it is too easy to go buy something. It only takes an hour out of our lives and we don't have to talk to too many people. Otherwise we might have to camp out and exert alot of energy to fight for justice. This is what the homosexual community is doing and look who is prevailing.

Something to think about
John

Or John, it could be that there are many more unnamed warriors down on their knees across the world fighting the battle with the greatest weapon known...prayer! The battle is not ours to win or loose but in HIM by faith we pray and cry out LORD YOUR will be done!

Something to think about to be sure

God bless
maryjane

2013/6/26 9:34Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

MaryJane

If there are many unnamed warriors on their knees fighting the battle then prayer is not working and God does not exist. The battle is being lost before our eyes.

Even now I just saw the headline that DOMA is deemed unconstitutional.

When do you realize that our prayers have prevailed or do we keep it a pipe dream and think they have prevailed but we just don't see the evidence?

2013/6/26 10:14Profile
MaryJane

Re:

John you wrote:If there are many unnamed warriors on their knees fighting the battle then prayer is not working and God does not exist. The battle is being lost before our eyes.

Even now I just saw the headline that DOMA is deemed unconstitutional.

When do you realize that our prayers have prevailed or do we keep it a pipe dream and think they have prevailed but we just don't see the evidence?

John, first your opening response causing me to consider why would you make such a statement? Do we have to have evidence? Did JESUS not say "blessed are those who believe even though they have not seen"??? I can only tell you what I know, HIS ways are not always my ways. HIS will is what matters and yes sometimes that means things happen in this life that I do not understand...and yet that is where faith comes from. Joesph was sold into slavery at the hands of his brothers but GOD used that. Will this law change things, will it be used to show those in America who claim the name of JESUS to finally see how far they have strayed from HIM??? I don't know, I only know that this world has a set time, and that HE has a plan that has been there since before time itself and I trust that. I don't know HIS plan in all things but then I don't really need to. I only know HE asks me to pray and I want to respond to that. So for today I will join with many others and pray :)

God bless you
maryjane

2013/6/26 10:28Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:

John, first your opening response causing me to consider why would you make such a statement? Do we have to have evidence? Did JESUS not say "blessed are those who believe even though they have not seen"???

Doesn't this refer to Jesus Himself?
When it comes to prayer, do you continue to pray even if you don't see answers? If so why? If after praying you don't see answers how can one continue to pray? That becomes wishful thinking and you because just a fool in the process.

Praying has its place but actions are often needed as well.

2013/6/26 12:32Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by DEADn on 2013/6/26 6:32:40

Quote:

John, first your opening response causing me to consider why would you make such a statement? Do we have to have evidence? Did JESUS not say "blessed are those who believe even though they have not seen"???

Doesn't this refer to Jesus Himself?

Yes it does, JESUS is speaking about HIMSELF but HE could also be speaking about our faith and walk with HIM as well. Many times in my own life I have prayed and walked by faith with out knowing the outcome of a thing.

John wrote:When it comes to prayer, do you continue to pray even if you don't see answers? If so why?

I do pray as long as HE gives me leading on a matter. And yes sometimes I don't ever get an answer that I fully understand. In those times I trust HIM to know and accept that I don't need to see the answer I just need to obey HIS leading. IF I may share with you, a few years ago my dad passed away from lung cancer. Before he died I prayed for him often, I even asked others here to pray for him because he was not saved. I prayed for my dad for years as the LORD led me to and in the end my dad died still firm in his faith in the RCC. Do I regret praying for him because my dad never made a profession of faith in CHRIST alone, no not one ounce. see it doesn't matter why GOD had me pray for my dad it only matters that HE led me to do so and in faith I followed. I don't have to see the end results I only have to hear HIS voice and obey...

John wrote:If after praying you don't see answers how can one continue to pray? That becomes wishful thinking and you because just a fool in the process.

I continue to pray because HE calls me to. It really is that simple for me and if in the end men what to call me a fool then let them what do I care of mans opinions, its the LORD I will stand before one day and give an account for how I spent the time HE gave me not men. I hope you understand this is not something I say flippantly, I have struggled at times with not understanding but in the end it does come down to faith and trusting that HE knows the bigger picture and that I can trust in that. I don't have to have the answers, I don't need to see the results I know that JESUS is faithful and all things will come into play according to HIS plan. I know this because I believe HE is who HE says HE is.

John wrote:Praying has its place but actions are often needed as well.

Prayer can be the precursor to actions for sure, but only when led by the LORD. If I take it upon myself to do anything other then what the LORD is leading me to do then it is of self and of no use. I do believe prayer is our first, best, and strongest tool in every situation we face in life.

God bless
maryjane

2013/6/26 13:04Profile
havok20x

Re:

My Job as a Christian is NOT to moralize the world. Let the world make all the dumb decisions that it wants to. I am going to do 2 things. 1) Keep voting the way I have been. And more important than anything else: 2)Proclaim the Gospel.

Listen, I don't want you to think I hope to raise my children in a society that is wicked and corrupt and evil and perverse, where they will be influenced so heavily by doctrines of demons and the like; however, if there is no dicotomy or no seperation between the sons of darkness and those of the Light, then the Gospel looses its weight. I would rather preach the Gospel in a country where there is a clear difference between children of God and children of wrath than a country that has been so moralized by Christians that they think they are all going to heaven and have no need for the sacrifice of Jesus Christ just because they are "good."

The issue is not that we are failing to protest. The issue is that we are failing to proclaim the Gospel. But know this: proclaiming the Gospel may lead to temporary revival, but in the end we should expect to be hated, rejected, and persecuted. We are not ushering in the millenium, as taught by so many preachers in the past, by trying to make this world a better place. This world is fallen and must be redeemed and the redemption of creation will only happen at the end when all shall be made new again. Don't forget the Gospel.

2013/6/26 13:22Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy