Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

God has a sense of humor!

"Voltaire, a French Enlightenment writer and deist, once said that within 100 years of his time, Christianity would be swept away from existence and pass into the obscurity of history. Yet 50 years after his death, the Geneva Bible Society used his house and printing press to produce stacks of Bibles. It is now nearly 120 years past his deadline and the Word of God is still going strong."

http://www.raptureready.com/rr-bible.html

2013/6/25 11:57Profile

Re: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I find it interesting that he did not say "the Word of God" would cease to exist, but rather Christianity.

Now, I know genuine Christianity does exist, but by and far, it does not and what we read in the NT is very scarce, today.

So, I guess you are justified in your laughing after all, for Christianity does exist, yet it does not flourish. But, I don't think it was every meant to flourish in this world.

"The way is narrow that leads to life".

2013/6/25 13:53
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

But you laugh at them, LORD; you scoff at all those nations. - Psalm 59:8

but the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he knows their day is coming. - Psalm 37:13

2013/6/25 14:21Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Now, we have modern day Voltaires who are foaming out similar folly ... as if when wealth takes over the world, "belief in God" will disappear by around 2038.

I'M LAUGHING .... and as Greg has pointed out, so is God!

"Averaging across the two measures of atheism, the entire world population would cross the atheist threshold by about 2038 (average of 2035 for disbelief and 2041 for religiosity). Although 2038 may seem improbably fast, this requires only a shift of approximately 1 percent per year whether in religiosity or belief in God. Using the Human Development Index as a clock suggests an even earlier arrival for the atheist transition (1)."

Read more:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nigel-barber/atheism-to-defeat-religion-by-2038_b_1565108.html

2013/6/25 15:03Profile

Re:

Yes, I know. You would have to extinguish the Spirit of God from earth in order to eradicate true Christianity.

Their problem is that they think it is as easy as destroying the Scriptures and causing men to doubt.

They have no idea (and no belief in) that the Spirit of God on earth is the LIFE of the Church.

2013/6/25 15:21
proudpapa

Who is Voltaire ?
Sounds to me like some French Enlightenment writer and deist whom has been swept away from existence and passed into the obscurity of history.

2013/6/25 18:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy