SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : I have found the key!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Zeke,

Appolus is right. Lots of discussions about legalism.

Anyway, only God knows the thoughts and intents and struggles of every heart. He knows who puts on a good show and yet are struggling terribly when they are alone.

Tell me if you would: What does outward fruit look like to you?

I personally don't think a lot of people know what real fruit looks like because they don't what the real Jesus looks like.

Many today would accuse Jesus of being an angry, self-righteous, law-breaking, unmerciful and unforgiving man.

But, I will say this, if someone is not displaying fruit (according to however they define fruit), it may be that the poor soul is going through a terrible Job experience. They may even be backslidden, yet inwardly hating their life and wanting to get back to God. God knows all these things and we know very little. That is why God wants us to walk in love and if we have been shown mercy (and we have) we are to show mercy. If someone is not "displaying fruit" that is a call to pray for that person and love them and show mercy. Most people here know that.

Of course there are a few who believe God is a respecter of persons, who hates some and loves others and so they justify that they can be the same way.

I'm just glad that I don't have that burden on me of having to judge people. I am just asked to walk in love and be faithful to Jesus.

2013/6/25 18:50
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

I don't think that bro Frank has done nothing more than share his own experiences of his walk.

I see a lot of ideas on the forums and if only people who want to teach the grace message had the answer for verses which teach the message of taking the hard road to Christ then we wouldn't be having these misunderstandings.

The Bible that teaches us that we are justified through faith is the one that also teaches that we are justified through works. James 2v24

The Christian life is a journey and eventually God will demand our obedience through works. We will either get offended and proceed no further into God or we will take the right path.
The highway of holiness will never come through faith alone it is our works of obedience which will put us on that road.

2013/6/25 19:31Profile

Re:

Hi brother Andrew,

My comments were not addressed to you. Given that fact, not sure how to respond to the rest of your post. So I will not. God bless you Andrew. May the Lord of peace rule and reign in your heart............ bro Frank

2013/6/25 19:53

Re:

Bro David writes.........

"I see a lot of ideas on the forums and if only people who want to teach the grace message had the answer for verses which teach the message of taking the hard road to Christ then we wouldn't be having these misunderstandings."

And there it is, the balance. The heads and the tails of the same coin.

David further writes.........

"The highway of holiness will never come through faith alone it is our works of obedience which will put us on that road."

Amen brother, every spiritual giant I have ever met woul concur. Obedience to the word of God and to that small still voice leads indded into a deeper walk. This was the desire of the Apostle Paul.

Php 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
Php 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
Php 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Php 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

2013/6/25 19:59

Re:

Good word, David.

Matthew 11:6
And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.

2013/6/25 20:06

Re:

Quote:
My comments were not addressed to you. Given that fact, not sure how to respond to the rest of your post. So I will not. God bless you Andrew. May the Lord of peace rule and reign in your heart............ bro Frank

I am well aware that your comment were not addressed to me personally. I know this because you wrote the name of the sister you were addressing. However, the fact that you continue to hide behind words rather than use them for a true correction means they are completely wasted on me at least. That Frank is called plain speaking. As for my heart! It is just fine and so is my mind as well.

Quote:
I see a lot of ideas on the forums and if only people who want to teach the grace message had the answer for verses which teach the message of taking the hard road to Christ then we wouldn't be having these misunderstandings.

You requoted this above statement as well and that wasn't addresses to me either. However given that I clearly read these things as you must do in order to make a prescription of why some of our comments are from the devil let me explain even more plainly why your previous comment to which I made reference earlier was wilful.

Are there any other posters in this thread or on this site who have shared that their understanding on a particular matter was not a case of reading what men have said or taught, but was a matter of direct revelation of the Father? If you can find one I'll be happy to either receive what they have shared or sincerely ask them if they may have been deceived in some way. What I won't do is to try and assert the complete opposite truth in sight of that person by claiming that the substance of revelation they have shared is from the devil. You may not comprehend this because you clearly don't have much of a fight when it comes to defending your teachings, of which there are many. But there are some believers who do know how to contend for the centrality of what they have been given and are well aware that in doing so it exposes them to condemnation.

As I said earlier I have grown accustomed to receiving no answers. The comment from davidkeel above regarding the sharing of scriptures is a case in point. That too is not directed at myself. However, I am the only person on this site who has actually offered a fuller understanding over the last twelve months of the meaning of God's grace in light of the many scriptures which are offered to refute it. Pressing the matter is called hyper-grace when the matter is simply called grace. The balance lies in the words and the explanations given. So finally, once more……as I have said I am accustomed to being ignored. If you want to make like you are living in a bubble then by all means do so. I am not so vain as to imagine that what I share is not read or not considered. It is simply ignored. That is to say Frank it is generally uncommented on. Not rocket science really just ordinary common intelligence.

2013/6/26 0:07
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:
I see a lot of ideas on the forums and if only people who want to teach the grace message had the answer for verses which teach the message of taking the hard road to Christ. DavidKeel

Well lets lay it out, I know may saviour and I know his word. Lets sort this out because we are so close to each other but differ on some things.

Quote:
The Christian life is a journey and eventually God will demand our obedience through works.DavidKeel

Where is that written?

Quote:
The highway of holiness will never come through faith alone it is our works of obedience which will put us on that road.DavidKeel

Where is that written?

2013/6/26 4:46Profile
ZekeO

Re:

Quote:
Tell me if you would: What does outward fruit look like to you?

In one word Love. And it starts with him and ends with him.

2013/6/26 4:52Profile
ZekeO

Re:

Quote:
And there it is, the balance. The heads and the tails of the same coin. Appolus

There is no balance, God has lavished us with his grace and I have absolutely no responsibility to balance the grace the message. We are putting limits on the role and affect of the cross on mankind.

Its like we feel there must be a balance because 'you know it gives people a licence to sin', people were sinning under the law before that anyway.

We are so quick and intent on making Christianity something that we do, when its about who we are now...with no addendums.

I will say it you are mixing law and grace and if that puts me in the hyper-grace camp it matters not. I know my master and I know his word and am ready to give a reason for the hope that I have.

2013/6/26 5:03Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

The highway of holiness is mentioned in the old testament and is I believe continued by Jesus in the sermon on the mount when he tells us about walking on the narrow way. It also I believe is referred to when Jesus mentions the hard road , the road that leads to life.

That narrow way is of works of obedience. Not my words the words of Jesus : Matthew 7 v 14. Do to others as you would have them do to you is the subject just preceding that verse.

It's giving up your right to be correct. Allowing others to beat you in an argument at the Lords command. Forgiving others and saying sorry even when we think we have the legitimate right to be correct. It's surrendering our lives to God.

This is maturity. It will come one day hopefully, unless we draw back to perdition and we will find that we receive no further things from Gods hand unless we obey that way he is showing us.
He is after our heart not our emotions and feelings. Not even your prayer times or songs of rejoicing in Him can be compared to that of laying down our lives for Him.

Tear your heart and not your garments is what is said in scripture.

The highway of holiness, the narrow way and the hard road all have one thing in common. It is all about losing your life.

He who loses his life will find it unto eternal life. Matthew 16v25.

2013/6/26 8:02Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy