SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Some Encouragement for the Day

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Some Encouragement for the Day

I just want share a bit of Scripture to encourage the brethren today, I'm sure you are familiar with these passages.

Romans 12:2 - [i]"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will."[/i]

Let's examine here that the transformation is in no other place but in the [b]mind[/b]. Before we can first conform ourselves to Christ with our bodies we must cleanse our minds of all carnality, pride, vanity, envy, falsehood, ill-thoughts, malice, perversion, idolatry and the like. If we harbor these sins in our minds than there is no benefit in reforming the outward. "First clean the inside."

The second verse:

Ephesians 5:22-23 - [i]"You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness."[/i]

"[b]To be made new in the attitude of your minds.[/b]" Today, dear Christians... let us cleanse our minds by the Word of God and not let the deceitful corruption of the world pollute it by conforming to it's pattern. Let us set our thoughts on Jesus Christ, the cross whereby He pointed the way, and live in that freedom, with our attitudes, our minds, in His God-given righteousness.

In Christ our Lord,
-Eli

2005/3/16 13:55Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Some Encouragement for the Day

Quote:
et us set our thoughts on Jesus Christ, the cross whereby He pointed the way, and live in that freedom, with our attitudes, our minds, in His God-given righteousness.

Brother Eli what a great encouragement!

[b]Colossians 3:2 (NKJV)[/b] - Set your [b]mind[/b] on things above, not on things on the earth.

2005/3/16 20:36Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy