SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Today's God is far too small

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Today's God is far too small

Why is it God doesn't seem to be doing big things like He did back in the day?

2005/3/16 13:18Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re: Today's God is far too small

I think a better question is why aren't we seeking God like men did in the past? God hasn't gotten lazy... we have.

2005/3/16 13:32Profile
inotof

Morehead, KY

Re:

Quote:

Eli_Barnabas wrote:
I think a better question is why aren't we seeking God like men did in the past? God hasn't gotten lazy... we have.

My sentiments exactly. WE have traded impartation for entertainment and anointing for therepy. One reason we think that perhaps God is not moving or willing to move as he did in times of old is because our spirits have been sedated with entertainment (before anyone responds, I am not condeming entertainment, just asking why so much of it has to leave God out).

I'll be the first to admit I need to magnify the Lord. I have more faith that a dollar is gonna have the nessecary backing to buy me a soda than i do that the creator of my immortal spirit will meet my needs if I'll have faith in Him.

I'm not trying to hijack this thread or anything but think about when David faced Goliath. Saul and tyhe other had to try and convince Daivd that God couldn't help him defeat that giant, while many of our sermons are meant to try to convince us that God CAN defeat that giant.

I agree with Eli 100%--I, me, if it falls on you too , we, are oft times lazy. God is ready and willing, we just need to magnify Him in our lives. (We cannot make God any bigger, we can make Him bigger in our lives though)

2005/3/16 13:48Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Eli
I agree, we have gotten lazy but we look back at how God moved in those days with such awe and wonder, do we not want to experience that ourselves or have we relegated that to just being a thing which God doesn't do any more?

2005/3/16 14:01Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Quote:
I agree with Eli 100%--I, me, if it falls on you too , we, are oft times lazy. God is ready and willing, we just need to magnify Him in our lives. (We cannot make God any bigger, we can make Him bigger in our lives though)

Or maybe I should ask, do we REALLY want to experience God like say Noah, Joseph, Saul (Paul) or David? or are we content in just seing on the outside looking in?

2005/3/16 14:09Profile
Sentry

West Monroe, Louisiana

Re: Today's God is far too small

I agree with everything said.
We depend on ourselves and the almighty dollar more than anything else.

Was it Ravenhill that said "Most of men's prayers could be answered by a Banker or a Millionare."?

It seems though that I have heard of some wonderous things happening in other countries with Missionaries.

2005/3/16 14:31Profile
inotof

Morehead, KY

Re:

Quote:

IRONMAN wrote:

Or maybe I should ask, do we REALLY want to experience God like say Noah, Joseph, Saul (Paul) or David? or are we content in just seing on the outside looking in?

That's a good question! I am forced to wonder it myself when i read the awesome accounts of our God in the scriptures. Do we rally want what we say we want or are we "patty caking"?

it costs what it costs, there is never a close out sale or clearence on it. I have to ask my self, am i willing to pay the price? Are we? I find my self alot of times pleading with God, "i believe but help my unbelief".

I am not content to be on the outside looking in--we need to be on the inside and HAVE HIM on the inside!

2005/3/16 14:33Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Ironman, I believe that not wanting to see God move IS laziness as well.

God can move! He will move! I believe it! So, now I will move!

2005/3/16 14:34Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Quote:
Was it Ravenhill that said "Most of men's prayers could be answered by a Banker or a Millionare."?

you know it's bad when your prayers may be answered with "if we win the lotto..."

2005/3/16 14:41Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Quote:
That's a good question! I am forced to wonder it myself when i read the awesome accounts of our God in the scriptures. Do we rally want what we say we want or are we "patty caking"?

You know it's funny you should say "patty caking" I thought of that expression earlier in reference to our relationships with God. Are we concerned with our own comfort too much? Where do our sympathies lie? WIth God, are we sympathetic to His will or are we more sympathetic to our own comforts?

by the way I started this discussion again in the "scriptures and doctrine" section thinking perhaps it is better suited there.

2005/3/16 14:45Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy