Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Problems in my Church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
David01-72

Texas

Re: righteous judgement

Joh_7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

hello sister soulwon, we got to look at the whole scripture to really understand what Jesus is saying.
Lets take a look.

"Mat 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." (KJV)

So you are correct that we should not judge others but if you live a life as a hypocrite. So you do as Mat 7:5 says, to cast your beam out first then go to your brother's eye and judge righteously. I put it this way, we all know as Christians that no one is righteous but God. So judging righteously is not of my opinion but of The Word Of God who is the only righteous and holy. We use the Word of God to judge as He is the judge of the world. The same is when we check scripture if the teacher is teaching sound doctrine.

God Bless you sister soulwon and may god continue to use us as intruments to reach those who are seeking hope.

David C

2013/6/25 16:24Profile

Re:

You are right brother David C,

"What sort of person experiences God's intimate presence and fellowship, dwelling in His sanctuary living on his holy hill. Is it not for the blameless and who does what is righteous. Psalms 15 We can cause God to with-draw his presence from our lives through our acts of unrighteousness. And if a dear brother like yourself came along and spoke into my life to help me back on the narrow way, I would be wise to listen to your advice and accept your Instructions. Paying attention to your correction and gaining understanding. For I would be stupid if I didn't. At times we all need loving rebuke and correction and receive loving criticism and profit from it. To bring us back into his peace and joy. Light is shed upon the righteous and Joy on the upright in heart. Keep on speaking into lives brother I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway we need strong men like you that will stand up for what is right. God Bless you brother David.
Sister Alisa Proverbs 19:20 Proverbs 15:32 Prov 12:1 Ps 97:11

2013/6/25 18:57

Re:

You can always let the Lord use your situation to draw you into intercession for those around you. You can be an example of what it means to walk as Jesus walked and walk in love before your brethren.

Think of it this way: When Jesus came, He really did not have anyone who was zealous for the things of God. But He was and He demonstrated what it looked like to know God.

You can do the same and like Jesus, will touch many lives. He will touch the many lives through you.

Don't be discouraged or upset and don't walk by sight. You will have more joy and be unhindered by self, in loving others.

People need an experience with Jesus Christ more than "scriptural accuracy".

You can have scriptural accuracy and not know Christ.

2013/6/25 19:03

Re:

Thanks Just-in, very good Yes, you can have all head knowledge but not know God from the heart.

What has haunted me for years is what my dyeing brother said to me. His only regret in life was not living 100% for God.

2013/6/25 19:44
David01-72

Texas

Re:

Yes we all sometimes need correction and rebuking, it is how we handle the rebuking whether we take it in Love or hate. We all need to handle it with love like you sister Alisa and to grow with each other in Christ. No offence here sister.

God Bless you and your family
DavidC

2013/6/25 20:51Profile

Re:

Thank You DavidC may the Blessing of the Lord be on your family. I just love my brothers and sisters in Christ. God is so good and helps us through our storms
love ya Alisa

2013/6/26 1:04
yuehan

Re: Problems in my Church

Hi havok20x!

May I suggest a book - "The Pressure's Off" (Larry Crabb):
http://www.amazon.com/The-Pressures-Off-Breaking-Performance/dp/0307730530

It contrasts the difference of living the Old Way v.s. the New Way. The Old Way is blessing-centered, where we believe that following the right procedures would yield the blessings we desire. Sometimes it can be couched in "Christian" terms - such as having a good family, better character, etc... and we feel the pressure to get things right so that we get the blessings we desire. These desires are not bad (which is why they are blessings), but they should be desires secondary to God.

The New Way is brokered by the New Covenant, and is God-centered. He does not promise specific blessings, but He promises Himself. God is good - but that does not mean He acts on our terms. He is always with us, and the source of living water who fulfills our deepest desires.

The book's been recommended a few times on this forum. I took up the recommendation and found it a real blessing.

2013/6/26 11:14Profile
havok20x

Experiencing Christ vs. Scriptural Accuracy

I do not think that these two things are in opposition to one another. If the Gospel is not presented accurately, then you end up with people who come to Christ on some basis other than 1) Knowing that their hearts are deceitfully wicked and desperately sick; 2) That God is holy, perfect, and righteous and that He Himself will judge them as guilty because of their rebellion; 3)Christ came, because of God's great love for us and suffered the wrath of God as a propitation for our sins in order that God may be the justifier by grace of those men who come to Christ through faith and was resurrected so that we might have hope for eternal life; 4)That God will continue and complete the work that He started in believers through the powerful, transformative ability of the Holy Spirit. And then you end up with some believers who are truly born again and then you end up with a bunch of unsaved people motivated by selfish ambition to get something out of God for this life (not to mention a free ticket to heaven).

If you are TRULY being accurate with the scriptures, then believers really WILL experience Christ the way that a believer ought to.

However, the idea that an "experience" with Christ somehow supplants scriptural accuracy and obedience to that which is out and out commanded by God is a dangerous road to walk. You don't have a bunch of people who need to experience Christ before they can endure the Word of the Lord. You have a bunch of people who can't become alive until they hear the word of the Lord so that they will know that they are actually experiencing Christ. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.

I deal with this ALL the time in the class that I teach. I will present something (this is to believers now, not the lost) and rather than reasoning with the scriptures and rather than digging into the Word to see if what I am saying is actually true, they will argue against what I am saying based on what they and others have experienced. That is a foundation of shifting sand at best. Brothers and Sisters, it is important to experience Christ, because we cannot study our way into Salvation; however if we, who are presenting the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which is able bring salvation to our hearers, do not present it with Biblical Accuracy, then can what we say be called truth? And if it is necessary to present it accurately to a lost person, who has no life, how much more should we, as believers, give ourselves over to the study and understanding of the things of God? I want to experience Jesus Christ every day, but Jesus never said eternal life was purely experiential and how can I possibly know if my "experience" with Christ is even real? Jesus said "THIS is eternal life, that they KNOW you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent." And what did Paul say, except "Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of KNOWING Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ" Was this some secret, hidden knowledge that can only be gained by experience? No. It is experience rooted in the bedrock of His Word. We are sanctified by truth, not experience. His word is truth.

2013/6/26 12:14Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy