SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : wearing of pants(trousers) by women

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
We started by allowing women open their hair, and like john calvin predicted, they now open their breast, we allowed women wearing trouser in the church, and today we also permit gay marriage. I am a nigerian, and if i understand the cultural mutation that has taken place amongst us, largely influenced by the west, i'll simply say like charles Finney Doubtful actions are sinful. The source and reason for a change matters more than the change in itself. On the surface it may look tolerable, but i must tell u point blank, the same spirit that drives gay is what is driving women to wearing trouser. Sorry if i hurt. Meanwhile if u're really sure of ur conviction then go ahead, i just felt i should place a red light, especially because u're in Nigeria. Iyke

Given that this saying is a matter of discernment and not a matter of condemnation, it is both true and truthfully stated. The progress is well documented as are the men and women who brought it to fruition. By which I mean homosexuality as an accepted sin in the church and the rise of feminism with all the clear intentions of those who promoted its agenda. In fact feminism has done more to support and loosen homosexuality on societies than homosexuality itself has been able to do. Homosexuality was withstood publicly and privately whereas feminism has its roots in the percieved injustices of men against women. None of which had to do with the wearing of clothes but was entirely to do with societal politics and the public space. In short the church has learned from the world instead of being a light to the world.

2013/6/22 4:42
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Some people think ostracizing others is the way to get them to change their ways and comply with the majority group. How healthy would that kind of environment be to fellowship with if you know your outward appearance is constantly being judged and you will be dis-fellowshipped unless you conform outwardly?

Amen sister it is not a healthy atmosphere and actually dangerous. Christian assemblies should never have that religious pressure of outward performance. True Christian assemblies will have some beautiful expressions of outward modesty but that will not be a standard. To dis-fellowship as you mentioned or judge others outwardly is usually fuelled by religious pride in oneself and not to know the mind of the Lord.

Nothing is worse to be in a conservative fellowship and sense a sensual spirit off sisters who are fully covered. The last is worst then the first.

2013/6/22 9:25Profile

Re:

Edit: post deleted by author because unedifying.

2013/6/22 9:53
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: wearing of pants(trousers) by women

You asked for input by the brethren. I am a female...and you may reject what I have to say simply because of it.

All of us are wearing something. We all agree that God decided to clothe the first humans because of sin. Until then they were naked, but sin required a covering up of the flesh.

Since then the devil's job is to work to undo, pervert what God has decreed. The Scriptures teaches us the details how the devil worked in the past and is still working to this end. It also teaches us God's will in life and lifestyles.

My suggestion is for you to make it a study, beginning with Genesis and going all the way through the WORD and see what you find - all the while being in prayer and being open to what the WORD teaches you.

You posted a question here that evokes a lot of discussion because of the differences in opinion, maturity, culture. At the end of life it is God you must give account to, not anyone here or anywhere else. Let this be your motivation and guide. When you experience a God-given conviction it will be yours - and that is a sacred possession.

God bless.

2013/6/22 12:03Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:
"“So if women are thus permitted to have their heads uncovered and to show their hair, they will eventually be allowed to expose their entire breasts, and they will come to make their exhibitions as if it were a tavern show; they will become so brazen that modesty and shame will be no more; in short they will forget the duty of nature. Further, we know that the world takes everything to its own advantage. So, if one has liberty in lesser things, why not do the same with this the same way as with that? And in making such comparisons they will make such a mess that there will be utter chaos. So, when it is permissible for the women to uncover their heads, one will say, ‘Well, what harm in uncovering the stomach also?’ And then after that one will plead for something else; ‘Now if the women go bareheaded, why not also bare this and bare that?’ Then the men, for their part, will break loose too. In short, there will be no decency left, unless people contain themselves and respect what is proper and fitting, so as not to go headlong overboard.”

- John Calvin"

Calvin wrote that!!???

Now I have to do a search to find the source. Do you have it, Greg?

2013/6/22 12:07Profile
PQ

Europe

Re: 1 Timothy 1:4-9

4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:

6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;

7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

Our LORD Jesus Christ is the perfect image of GOD. And our LORD focus was always on the inner and not the outer.

2013/6/22 18:31Profile
savannah

Re:

ginnyrose wrote,

"Calvin wrote that!!??? Now I have to do a search to find the source. Do you have it, Greg?"

The source:

Men, Women and Order in the Church, translated by Seth Skolnitsky, Presbyterian Heritage Publications, pages 12-13 from a Sermon on 1 Cor 11:2-3 by John Calvin

2013/6/23 8:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy