SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : HEAVEN IS NOT A RETIREMENT CENTER by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 HEAVEN IS NOT A RETIREMENT CENTER by David Wilkerson

You may be wondering, "Lord, why is my job so upsetting to me? Why do I always feel like an outsider? What's wrong with me?"

There is nothing wrong with you. God is at work! He is keeping you sick and tired of this dying world. He is saying, "You can't get too involved in 'making it' here because it is all going up in smoke. Set your affections on things above—on the new world that is coming.”

You answer, "But what a waste. I'm so full of energy. I have talent, ideas, a sharp mind, a desire to accomplish much. Yet I feel stifled, stymied. It's so frustrating.”

I have good news for you: When it all ends and your scoffing friends are cut off—their work melted to nothing, their careers dissolved, their money burned—your work is just about to begin.

You see, heaven is not a retirement center. Rather, our eternal home is a place of great action, full of new horizons and incredible plans. God is going to fully use all your gifts, talents and desires there. He is not going to waste a thing He has given you. On the contrary, your gifts will be magnified many times over. He is going to use you for His glory in eternity!

Jesus gives us several hints as to what this experience will be like:

"Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods" (Matthew 24:46-47). The Greek word for ruler here suggests "an eternal appointment." We are going to be appointed by God as keepers over His goods throughout all eternity!

"His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things" (Matthew 25:21).

"And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities" (Luke 19:17).

Eternal appointments . . . ruling over His household . . . ruling over His goods . . . ruling over cities. We are going to rule and reign with Jesus in His kingdom—as kings and priests!

2013/6/21 9:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy