SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Exodus International apologizes to ‘gay’ community

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Exodus International apologizes to ‘gay’ community

Just saw this at:

http://www.onenewsnow.com/ap/religion/exodus-international-apologizes-to-%E2%80%98gay%E2%80%99-community#.UcORajvVCAM

2013/6/20 19:38Profile
dohzman

Re: Exodus International apologizes to ‘gay’ community

How sad.

2013/6/20 22:22Profile

Re: Exodus International apologizes to ‘gay’ community

Paul warns us "Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted."

It is very disheartening to hear about this man who helped others leave the sin of homosexuality behind them. May the Lord deliver him from the enemy's lies. In Jesus Name.

a sister

2013/6/20 23:14
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Do you think this is a smoke and mirrors situation in which they were using human methods to try to set people free? I suppose this cannot be answered unless we are to look at their methods and what actually happened to cause Exodus to fold up. I think of Sy Rogers, who was affiliated with this group and he is married with kids.

Exodus suddenly seems to be as strong case to prove homosexual cannot be cured for those who may be truly homosexual. It existed in the days of Sodom but was not the reason why Sodom was destroyed. Does this flip our world on its head a little more? Was Exodus false to begin with and if so what evidence can be shown to prove this?

This can really shake a person's faith who deals with homosexuality. The Psychology community agrees that homosexuality cannot be cured as well. I can't imagine earning a degree in Psyche battling that mentality.

John

2013/6/21 8:51Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus' name.

On Christ the solid rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

2013/6/21 10:37Profile
dohzman

Re:

It is a faith walk and sin in any form is a powerful adversary and the heart of man is very wicked, so much so that God had to come in the flesh and die on the cross and purchase for us a living hope, one that reaches down into our dead estate, changes us and saves us giving us a new heart and setting us free from all sin. Now that said, either the work Jesus did on the cross was enough or it was not, He either died for all/and was resurrected for us or He died for no one. I will not go into all the traps of time and the possibility/probability that a besetting sin is probably behind this directors proclamation and reversal of moral conviction, but know this....we "Are" new creations in Christ Jesus, plain and simple, the old has passed away, all things are become new. There is that example of tares sowed among the wheat/ goats with the sheep/ that is to be expected. If an experience becomes the standard of truth than we do not need the Word of God, however no matter what we may see or hear, Let God be true and every man a liar, His Word is forever settled in heaven and on earth and generally speaking where there is no change in individuals it is due to the utter lack of following Him or coming to a point where people say "No" and turn back. I like what the other poster put...."my hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness......" etc....

2013/6/21 15:32Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy