SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Terri Schiavo, death by starvation, please pray for her

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Quote:
ok I see, my thing though is that there are 3000-5000 (the u.n. said it's genocide-like but not quite genocide, whatever that means)people being butchered in the darfur region of the sudan and I have seen very little about that on t.v., should we be concerned or it doesn't matter coz it's a bunch of crazy arabs killing a lot of africans over there so it's cool? But then again that may not be common knowledge.

Hi Ironman,

You are correct in that we should be as concerned about what takes place in other places, but the inferrence that can be taken from this, or at least I get from it, is wrong--in that we shouldn't pay attention to the injustice being done to a young woman in Fl. because world leaders don't pay attention to atrocities taking place in other countries.

2005/3/26 18:24Profile
Matt25

Athens Ga

Re:

Quote:
then by God we should be losing it over the thousands who are being butchered daily in the Sudan.

I do care about Sudan, and China, and North Korea, and Africa. Problem is, those countries are not democracies. Those countries are dictatorships. America is a country of laws and those of us who believe that Terri should be kept alive believe that way because murder is against the Law.

Quote:
on a different note, see we're always complaining about how unfair some things are when we could have a hand in how gvt works by voting. We vote so infrequently, perhaps if we voted more we would have a govt that better represents our ideals

Judges are not elected, they are appointed. [b]Bill Clinton appointed Judge Greer.[/b]

I don't care if you are a democrat or a republican. I just want to know where you stand morally. There are moral conservatives in both parties and there are moral liberals in both parties. There are people in both parties who are ungodly and there are people in both parties who are godly. We can disagree all day long on the fiscal issues of government and I wouldn't care at all or get that worked up about things. But where we can not and must not disagree is the difference between right and wrong. Any way you look at it, Terri is being murdered.

2005/3/26 18:27Profile
iHilam

Florida

Re:

This issue is tough. If you answer yourself honestly, noone would want to be left alive in the condition that Terri is in. Having a feeding tube is the same as being left on life support. God is capable of healing Terri at this very moment with or without a feeding tube. I seriously doubt He's testing us to see if we will murder her. Without this medical technology, she wouldn't lived 15 years as a vegetable. So is it a faithless generation that has killed Terri or the removal of a feeding tube? Why is it that sick people go to doctors and not their pastor's. Shouldn't our Spirit filled pastor's be the ones we go to when we're sick? Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the pastor's, I blame all of us (including me) who believe that God can heal but we're not the vessels he using. The doctors are doing the healing the best they can and we're blaming them when someone doesn't live. Thank God for doctors because we as faith believing christians have dropped the ball.

This is not intended to offend but to shed light on the real problem.

In Christ,
iHilam

2005/3/26 19:05Profile
Matt25

Athens Ga

Re:

Quote:
If you answer yourself honestly, noone would want to be left alive in the condition that Terri is in.

Hi iHilam! I've read your other posts and agree with you on what you've stated in those. My only disagreement with this statement would be that we are not to judge which life is worth living and which life is not worth living. If we continue the line of logic of "no one would want to be left alive in the condition Terri is in" then you have to apply it to the severly retarted, handicapped and bed ridden people of the world. I wouldn't want to be in their position but if I weren't terminally ill with death imminent then I certainly wouldn't want to be starved to death. Terri is quite "alive" contrary to the media's claims that she's in a "vegetative state". You should check out some of her videos at [url=www.terrisfight.org]www.terrisfight.org[/url].

When I was 18 I was in a severe car crash and would have bled to death internally had emergency surgery not been implemented. Now, 50 years ago I would have died at the age of 18, but given medical advancements I am now 29! Did God want me to die at 18? I believe that God only works miracles when there is no other way for man to intervene and help. God reveals the Gospel through preaching and only in special cases does he reveal it through direct intervention (Paul on the Demascus road and through dreams for current day Arabs under severe Islamic gov't forms who have no chance to hear the Gospel preached for example).

A feeding tube is NOT life support by the way. It is simply a straw attatched to her stomach where they insert food. A pace maker is a form of "life support". If you look at the history of this case there are doctors stating that she could be rehabilited to be able to swallow on her own. Problem is Michael Shciavo, her estranged adulterous husband, has prevented any rehabilitation since 1993.

2005/3/26 20:03Profile
iHilam

Florida

Re:

I guess since a feeding tube is not life support, then she'll live without it. I guess the more correct statement would be, "If I were her, I would want the tube removed". I would not judge her husband. He drove all over the country trying to help her. Surgery didn't help her. And it's not going to. Surgery is not a miracle from God. God is not using doctors to perform miracles. Pharmakia (drugs) is the very thing that has replaced the Spirit filled minister. Who needs a miracle when drugs will mask the problem? If God wants her to swallow, then she'll swallow. No doctor, lawyer or judge can stop God from doing his will. It is only a faithless generation that hinders the will of God. It appears that they need to put a law in place to avoid this type of situation. I would much rather be with the Lord than to remain on this earth in her condition.

2005/3/26 20:25Profile
Compton

Re: The tragic irony is that...

...much of Terris' health fund was used by the lawyers in the legal crusade to terminate her. I doubt the jury who awarded her that 1.2 MM health fund in 1992 realized they were financing Terris' mercy killing. The following expenditures have been paid directly from Terri's Medical Trust fund, with the approval of Judge George Greer: (Summary of expenses paid from Terri’s 1.2 Million Dollar medical trust fund.By November 1993 Petition Schiavo alleges the 1993 guardianship asset balance as $761,507.50

Atty Gwyneth Stanley $10,668.05
Atty Deborah Bushnell $65,607.00
Atty Steve Nilson $7,404.95
Atty Pacarek $1,500.00
Atty Richard Pearse (GAL)$4,511.95
Atty George Felos $397,249.99

1st Union/South Trust Bank
$55,459.85

Michael Schiavo $10,929.95

-------------------------------------------------
Total $545,852.34

There is less then $50K today.

MC

2005/3/26 20:48Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
I would much rather be with the Lord than to remain on this earth in her condition.

If you answer yourself honestly, noone would want to be left alive in the condition that Terri is in.

It is impossible to guage exactly how much suffering Terri and people like her are enduring. However, once we start thinking like this, there's gonna be a whole lot of people we'll need to euthanize.

MC

2005/3/26 21:04Profile
earnestlycontend

Flinstone, GA

Re:

To reply to the statement "if it God's will for her to swallow, then she'll swallow"

The problem is that no one is allowed even to give her a drink of water from what i understand

2005/3/26 21:34Profile
iHilam

Florida

Re:

I am very sorry if I offended anyone. That was not my intention. This is a wonderful website and I thank God for the opportunity to be a part of it. Yes, I pray for Terri and others like her. As one person will see it as murder and another as compassion. One thing is for certain, God will prevail. Please forgive me if my opinions seem different.

In Christ,
iHilam

2005/3/26 22:18Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Quote:

swsojourner wrote:
Quote:
I think that if we are going to be outraged that one woman is dying of starvation because a judge ruled that her feeding tube should be removed,

It's the first time in American history that a judge has ordered a non-criminal put to death.

10-year kids are being arrested for trying to bring in and give her a cup of water.

If this doesn't break your heart.....

I'm not saying that it doesn't bother me that these kids were arrested, What bothers me is that we have so engrossed ourselves with this one case that many millions of other people out there who are living in hell on earth don't get even a hundreth of the attention we have given terri. See what I mean? I mean rwanda and burundi happened and at least 5 million people were murdered and the world just twiddled it's thumbs. When you see some of the footage that not only breaks your heart it makes you angry. to see broken bodies strewn as far as the eye can see, to watch men and women being hacked to pieces by machetes with nothing to shield them except their arms, pleading for their lives...perhaps after seeing noone do anything about things like that I look at things differently...does anyone see what I mean here? We should be concerned about terri but let us never forget that worse happens without our intervention.

The point i am making is this, as Christians we are spread FAR TOO THIN.Think about it if everyone directs all their resources into Terri's plight, who then i left to be concerned for the other things that God needs done?There are those among us that God has moved in the spirit to pray for her but I'm sure the majority of us who have jumped into this fray ae not doing so because the spirit moved us. We may be going all out because it's the "right" thing to do. We have on some levels made this whole issue seem to be the thing that affects the balance of power in the war of good and evil and it isn't. That may sound cold but let's be real people. My mom asked me to pray for her and I said it wasn't my concern. Before y'all get on me about that here this out. All my life I have been taught to be all things to all people, we are told to pray for anything and everything when really we should pray according to the will of God and the instruction of the holy spirit and concerning her the spirit has not moved me to do so. That was a hard lesson for me because I have to in effect abandon this doctrine I have practiced all my life for something new. Brethren the purpose of the body of believers is that some of us pray, some prophecy etc, we all have different offices and responsibilities in God and we need to stick to them. There will be situations in our lives which we may think or feel in our hearts to need our prayers but God may not want you to get involved with that and if you do, you leave out that which God had wanted you to do in the first place. I'm saying that we need to be weary of the spirit which is causing us be so involved with this, are you praying coz you think it is the right thing to do or because God has moved you in the spirit. Think on this, if Christ says that even some who prophecy in the spirit, cast out demons etc will NOT enter heaven, how much of a chance do we have if we only think we are doing the right thing?

What is your motivation for what you do? Is the Holy spirit behind it or is it something else? We need to ask ourselves this and be honest because if we aren't, then there will literally be hell to pay for that error.

2005/3/26 22:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy