SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Questions about the ongoing activity of the Spirit.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Questions about the ongoing activity of the Spirit.

Does the Holy Spirit still exist and is he still working? Of has he ceased his work after the scriptures were canonized?

Bearmaster

2013/6/14 16:55

Re: Questions about the ongoin activity of the Spirit.

From your question Blaine it would appear that you are drawing a meaning concerning the importance of trusting the scriptures which were written by men led of the Holy Spirit. Given that there are many teachings which are said to be contrary to the scriptures this would appear to be a valid question. Unfortunately in the end if we take the reality of the trustworthiness and certainty of scriptures and make that our sole basis for what we teach, even though such a thing is necessary on the one hand, then on the other we may deny the leading of the Holy Spirit in other peoples lives because they will be led differently just according to the Father.

Who can doubt that the scriptures have been used like a blunt instrument and have led to many difficulties? Yet the scriptures are true. Its an age old problem and the only remedy to it is to stop using the scriptures to beat people into submission and to make our own walks transparent to one another and then put our trust in the Father and the Holy Spirit to lead us rightly according to His will and not others understanding. There is nothing outwardly appealing about it because it invariably means rejection and mockery.

2013/6/16 4:18
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
by bearmaster on 2013/6/14 13:55:47

Does the Holy Spirit still exist and is he still working? Of has he ceased his work after the scriptures were canonized?

The Holy Spirit is alive and well brother, and STILL working but who will let Him?!! He speaks what Jesus tells Him to speak.... to bad most Christians don't have an ear to hear.

He hasn't ceased ANYTHING since the so called canonization of the Scriptures!!! He was here before they came into being and He'll be here after they are long gone!

I hope I'm not too excited for you, you just happen to catch me on a happy, holy day!!! Praise His holy name!!

God bless you brother,
Lisa

2013/6/16 6:30Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

The message from Peter on the day of pentecost was from Joel 2 as I am sure you know. 'I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh'.... says the Lord ... in the last days.

Has He stopped?

ruf

2013/6/16 7:18Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re:

Why is there a Holy Spirit?

Because there is a Father, and a Son, and a Heart to interact with the souls of men!

From day one the Father has coveted communication with the crown of His creation, what He had with Adam and Eve in the garden He still wants, has always wanted! Sure there was a "breakdown in communication" but He has a remedy for that!

Opinion? Why, thank you for asking- yes I do have one!

God hears every prayer. All men, every day, all the time. But He is able to speak back only to the hearts of the repentant. He resists the proud, and gives grace to the humble. We receive not, because we ask not.

Here is a suggestion. Take a passage of scripture you maybe know already, and ask God for some insight on it. Then wait.

Then report back here!

2013/6/22 19:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy