SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Religion in England

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Delboy

Worthing UK

Re: religion in England

Religion is alive and well.... which one would you like?
I guess we can all say that things are worse in our respective countries, but we are told that things are going to get that way.
thankfully The Lord is most definatly at work here in the UK state religion is in decline but there are vibrant passionate groups of believers everywhere,you just have to look
churches alive, loving and helping folk.
"the glass is half full not half empty" and I believe God will fill when he will
:-)

2005/4/4 13:46Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: Religion in England

It is probably worst, we need prayer there are good things and bad things this country needs Jesus.

2005/4/4 19:58Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

The nations which we used to preach to such as china are sending missionaries back here.

2005/4/4 20:00Profile
Delboy

Worthing UK

Re:

Hi deltadom

Quote:
The nations which we used to preach to such as china are sending missionaries back here.

And why not? God will build his church useing any colour any country any means
friendships, the internet,the PC, the TV, street preaching But you know the best thing is... HE will do it through... you and me and the chinese,Indian,African, spanish
Wow just dwell on that for a moment...
God is not finished with us here in the motherland
bless you :-)

2005/4/5 13:12Profile
Rahman

Re:

Delboy you wrote;
"God is not finished with us here in the motherland"

Your statement instantly brought to mind that as long as we're still down here on this earth and drawing breath God is never finished with any of us, and in particular His saints ... The problem is when we become finished with God, as apparently much of Western Europe has (including England) in it's new religion of secular humanism ...

As an American, particularly since our Lord's bringing me to SI for an understanding of the History of Revival and holiness, and all the great Englishmen that God once used in that capacity, i'm most concerned that we America(ns), the Colonies if you will, are now at a critical fork in the road and in danger of veering off down that same broad and spacious that "the motherland" has ...

i pray earnestly that God sends America whatever unmistakable wake up call(s) necessary to snap us out of the spiritual lethargy of which we're now victim before we too become in effect finished with God ...

Things are bad enough in the States as it is! ... Heavenly Father in Jesus name, if it be your will, please send us REVIVAL NOW!

2005/4/5 15:27Profile
Delboy

Worthing UK

Re:

Rahman,I think that the US is beyound the fork in the road you speak of.I dont think there is a tide of degregation sweeping across the pond.
Sadly its everywhere luke warmness abounds in the west.
Now as i gather there are mighty moves of God in China and Africa.As said here in previous posts the UK and USA have been moved by god in times past,now He moves in other continents
yes your'e right please God move more and move me.
as i write i'm minded of the hymn "move me dear Lord"
1)move me dear Lord and
others i shall move
To do Thy will;
Mould Thou this life
into a vessel fair
Thysel to fill
No charm with which
to draw do i possess
In thee i find the
secret of success.

2_O touch these yeilded lips
And through them pour
Thy living thought;
I would not give to hungry souls
the words
That man hath taught;
Shall they who seek for bread a
stone recieve?
It is God's word alone that
can relieve.

3)How wonderful a channel thus to be
To those forlorn,
A messenger of peace and
joy and hope
To them that mourn;
O grant that i Thy risen life may share
The virtue of Thy name to bear

4)Under th'anointing daily let me live
A priest and king;
Relying not on fleshly energy
Thy smile to win
A simple soul in contact
with my Lord
In whom all fulness is is forever stored

5)O teach me Lord henceforth
with thee to walk
In union deep
Whilst tending other souls
not to neglet
My own to keep;
A seperated soul unto the one
Whose grace and love for me
so much have done

E C W Boulton

2005/4/5 16:24Profile
Rahman

Re:

Delboy you wrote;

"Rahman,I think that the US is beyound the fork in the road you speak of"

You know in retrospect i know you're right, America is already cruisin down the broad and spacious, we were at the fork in the road in the 60's, altho i don't think she's as far down the pike as Western Europe, which stands to reason since we're only a little over 200 years old, we're just now at the point of where serious legislation is going on as to whether we're completely finished with God ...

i don't think there is a turn around for the EU as it has already decided that there is no place for God in their new government or even a reference to Him on their new currency ... It seems to me that while America has certainly regressed to the status of serious lukewarmness, the EU nations have just decided to be completely cold, except for His remnant therein ... God care and keep his remnant there till His coming! ... i guess in reference to Christ stating that He'd rather us be hot or cold, dead to faith coldness must mean that He's given up on the EU as nations to their being now reprobate and well on their way to fulfilling their part in God's prophetic ...

What happened to Christianity in England, the land of such onetime firebrands for Christ? ... How did Christianity lose it's savor there? ... Why did the light go dim? ... Was it because the old guard saints died out, or did Christians do the same thing that was apparently done in the U.S. back in the 60's, that being just sitting idly by while God was being declared dead and legislated out of our national lives? ... When i think back about the youth revolution then (which i was a part of) against our parents, and all their then seemingly way to tight moral and religious mores, i suppose that's exactly where satan got his strongest stronghold here in the states and it's been all downhill from there ... Is that the way it happened in England too? ... Don't mind me if you're not a near geezer like myself in answering such questions, i'm just thinking aloud ...

Man!, i think this is a good time for ALL us saints where ever we may be, to hit the off ramp and turn around in complete repentance and holiness to our dear Savior ... Do i think we'll do that, not without earth shattering chastisements to get our collective attention ...

You ended;
"Now as i gather there are mighty moves of God in China and Africa.As said here in previous posts the UK and USA have been moved by God in times past,now He moves in other continents"

And i believe still that He'll move in America again! ... i praise Him for His moves in the so called 3rd world, but as long as i (alone if need be) have the breath to pester God about REVIVAL anew in America a pestering Him i will be ... Ravenhill said,"One man with God is a majority", and in this instance i can't be disuaded otherwise! ... Holy Spirit has given me the gift of faith in this regard and so it's easier for me to believe it than most ... And believe it i do!

i remember listening to a series here on SI about REVIVAL where the brother stated that history showed that God sent a Revival about every 50 years or so dating from about 1700 ... Apparently the Welsh Revival set the fire to starting in America and we've enjoyed that outpouring all the way up to Azusa St in early 1900 ... The brother also stated that if the nations God sends such Revivals to miss any two in a row then that nation begins suffering serious spiritiual decline ... The last thing he said was that the Revival America was supposed to experience around the 1950's didn't happen, it was but a sputter if anything at all, having a lot to do with America's boom time after WWII ... If in fact that brothers words are true (and God knows how hard i've been praying for them to be so after i learned of this) America is due for another outpouring of God's Spirit in REVIVAL and i plead with Him that He put's it in our faces/spirits so tuff that we won't be able to ignore it ...

That's why my prayer to Him is, "Lord God by any means necessary, please do whatever you have to do in/to me, and every other saint in the good ole USA, to the bringing about of your REVIVAL of your Church here, to the honor, glory and good use towards your will being done, and your kingdom coming upon earth, as it already is in heaven ... i believe with all my heart, soul, mind and spirit that the Mother of all Revival's is coming to America, and that it will engulf the globe in harvesting of souls, and by God if it doesn't in my lifetime it certainly won't be because i didn't excessively believe it, beg it, plead it, and shed tears to Father, Son and Holy Ghost toward its fruition ... Amen

PS - I've come to the conclusion that the reason why so many modern saints don't like old hymns (and old sermons for that matter) is that they're of substance, and substance "convicts" ...

2005/4/5 19:33Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

We all need Jesus

2005/4/6 9:48Profile
Taximan

Southampton, U.K.

Re:

As a resident in the UK, and born again since 1992, I will agree that this nation is in desperate need of a manifestation of the Lords power and grace throughout his Body over here. I will also say that I have often felt disappointed, not with the Lord, but with a failure to live what was being preached by many of His followers. However in the last couple of years or so, I am witness to an amazing outpouring of His Spirit in Southampton, of which town I am resident.

This is not to boast apart from anything other than in the Lord, but I feel that what I would like to share may be an encouragement for many.

For many years I felt that the traditional church over here was literally dead on its feet, and if anything, any revival at all would stem from the pentecostal type church that I belonged to...how wrong I was!

It seemed for ages our little fellowship, without a permanent building of its own, and only a handful of people would never see the glory of the Lord in this city. We prayed endlessly for a breakthrough, that the Gospel would really be preached and the churches here would be set on fire for Jesus. To be honest I don't even know how much we prayed for, any of us really believed...I'm ashamed to say. Most churches were completely opposed to one another, with Freemasonry being strongly present throughout many fellowships. To be honest most churches were dry and crusty, with not a sign of Jesus to be seen!

Then in the space of one year, a number of church leaders either moved or died, and were replaced by people on fire for Jesus, and with a desire to reach out to the lost of this city.

We still have a long way to go but let me just outline the state of affairs for you now:

Our church (an independant charismatic type church), share a church building with the local anglican C of E church, whose vicar is absolutely on fire! The local Baptist ;minister has thrown open the doors of his church for us all to use for baptism services. The two United Reformed churches have been set on fire by a new pastor who preaches the Gospel to anything that moves, and who has linked in with the local Vineyard fellowship who meet in a local school.

In short there are seven churches from various denominations in our area of the city alone who meet together regularly, share resources happily, and join together in reaching out to the community with the Gospel.

There are not many people being raised from the dead yet :-? , or even many blind eyes being opened yet :-P , but I am witness to a revival in the truest sense of the word. One where Gods chosen people are turning back to Him, putting differences aside, and working together to see Jesus lifted high!

I pray that this little flame will spread like wildfire through this nation, and true revival will break out for all to see. With all my heart I pray that Jeremiah 33:9 will be a living reality over here right here and now!!

God bless,

John (aka Taximan)

2005/4/6 19:28Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I wish there was more of them but as being a bit of a pessimist. England needs Jesus recently I was living next to a few people who really need Jesus. David Wilkenson says that there has been no church growth. I want to see the light at the end of the tunnel. When you are dealing with broken and hurting people this country needs Jesus and I dont want to stop till we see something on the par of Jonathan Edwards or what is happening in China. Recently an evangelist got put in prison for preaching against being unstraight and one of my friends has had trouble on the street when preaching the gospel in the last year. There is hardly any door to door work going on where I am in Hemel or at home, There have been no outreaches in months except the ones that are church does because they are afraid of causing a disturbance. There is alot of fear and unbelief in monumnetal levels in most churches. I go to, but on the other hand you have individuals who deside to go for god 100% like my sister amy who can change the whole of a town or city around. We need more prayer meetings in the bible it says in the last day perilous times will come in england it is the strength and the faith to get through it. I have been a christian along time and I am amazed at the new evil that seems to be appearing especially in me.
Jonathan Edwards was sacked for what he believed after the Great Awakening
We need might leaders who know there bible and know there past and know there future.

2005/4/7 20:48Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy