SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Unpopular Topic of Persecution

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

The Unpopular Topic of Persecution

I have discovered their are two topics that die quick deaths in this forum. One is the word of God and the other is the topic of persecution. Particularly when we speak of persecution in America. I have no illusions many will want to see this thread die in cyber space. But saints you cannot hide from the reality that persecution is here in America and it will only get worse.

Yeah, yeah, Bear you keep on saying that. You must be hitting the berry hooch again. Persecution is only in N. Korea or Eritrea. Not the United States.

Saints do you honestly believe this? Do you honestly believe that believers in America will be spared imprisonment and myrtadom because we are American citizens? Will anybody have the courage to show me in the New Testament where we as American believers are spared exemption from suffering for Christ?

I have heard from those, that work in front line ministries with the persecuted, that they pray we in America will awaken and withstand the persecution that will come. I even read where in N. Korea, those believers, some in death camps, pray American believers will awaken to the reality of persecution.

Last fall an unpopular conference was held in Atlanta on tbis not-so-glamerous topic of persecution. This conference came under intense attack by the devil. Why? I mean when the devil attacks something. The. Christ must be present. Simple answer. The devil does not want the American church to wake up to the reality of persecution.

When the roundups start and we are hauled off to the FEMA camps there will be wailing and despair. I can hear it now in the Spirit. "Why weren't we warned?". "Oh if I had only spent more time in prayer or Bible memory.". "Why did someone not tell us?"

Brothers and sisters, you are being told and this is an admonition of love. But if you blow me off. Then listen to the videos by Paul Washer. Greg posted these. And wake up please. Then when persecution comes. You will be prepared.

Posted by Blaine Scogin aka Bearmaster.

2013/6/11 15:24
proudpapa

several random thoughts

Hi Bear,

I do believe that persecution is coming,
I am not sure When or to what extent this will happen.

Even the nonchristians that I speak with believe that their freedoms are fixing to be taken away from them.

I do believe that we do not need to be consumed with worry about coming persecution, their is nothing that we can do to prevent it.

I suppose from an eternal perspective, persecution might even be something to look forward to. but obviously from our perspective here and now, it is not something that we would wish apoun ourselves.

As a pack of wolves attack those of the flock whom have strayed a little from the herd, knowing that the herd is to conserned with themselves to defend the stray, so will persecution begain and has began here in America.

2013/6/11 23:19Profile
pilgrim777

Re: several random thoughts

One will be prepared for anything in the future, even persecution by being faithful to the Lord Jesus in the NOW and having a white hot love for Him.

2013/6/11 23:57Profile

Re: Pspa and Pilgrim

Brothers I have been listening to Paul Washer and Steve Lawson . These brothers who are as solid as any and preach Jesus believe that persecution is coming to America. As Steve Lawson said the issue will be Jesus Christ. Non other than Jesus Christ.

We cannot stop persecution. Indeed it is already here. But let us deepen our walk with Jesus in the here and now while there is still time. For surely when we are taken away to the death camp it will be too late to get more oil for our lamp. God grant that we be vigilant and alert about the things of Christ while it us still today.

Bearmaster.

2013/6/12 9:06
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Bear

I am learning how vitally important it is to cling to CHRIST in all things, each moment of each day. Its a lesson I do not think I will every fully learn, my life is now and for all eternity intertwined in HIS and for me to remain I must constantly draw on the source of that life, JESUS!! As I consider persecution and what may lay ahead I find myself struggling...if I focus on the idea of "death camps" I feel panicked and overcome with fear, but if my focus is on JESUS knowing I don't have to worry about what lies ahead because HE will be with me then I have an abundance of peace and joy that fills my heart. I have today and that is all I have, yesterday is done and tomorrow is not mine to lay hold of so while it is today I will seek my KING and live unto HIM!!

Thank you for sharing these things the LORD lays upon your heart, it is good to be reminded that every day belongs to HIM and to be about HIS KINGDOM.

God bless
maryjane

2013/6/12 9:18Profile

Re:

Dear MaryJane,

Sister indeed the focus is on Jesus. And clinging to him moment by moment. Even in Hebrews the writer exhorts those Christians to keep their eyes on Jesus and this in the midst of persecution. So your insight from the heart is so appreaciated.

May we always keep our eyes on Jesus.

Bearmaster.

2013/6/12 12:02
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

My view on this is that I really don't know what to think of it. Persecution can have many avenues. What is Persecution?
There is also the persecution complex that many cling to as well. How does a person realize they are being persecuted if they are not being dragged off by cuffs or something similar?

If I have a picture of Jesus in my workstation and am told to take it down, is this persecution or just company rules of not politics or religious displays in the workplace?

If I have a conversation with a co worker on the bible and am told that I need to continue it outside of work is that persecution or is it persecution if my job is in jeopardy as a result?

John

2013/6/12 13:55Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I also want to add that when topics such as FEMA camps are brought forward in the same conversation as persecution it adds a conspiracy theory note to it and then those who talk about it are looked upon as nut cases. Then persecution goes from serious talk to just wishful thinking. How do you close that gap to make persecution a reality?

2013/6/12 13:58Profile

Re: The Unpopular Topic of Persecution

Quote:
My view on this is that I really don't know what to think of it. Persecution can have many avenues. What is Persecution?
There is also the persecution complex that many cling to as well. How does a person realize they are being persecuted if they are not being dragged off by cuffs or something similar?

If I have a picture of Jesus in my workstation and am told to take it down, is this persecution or just company rules of not politics or religious displays in the workplace?

If I have a conversation with a co worker on the bible and am told that I need to continue it outside of work is that persecution or is it persecution if my job is in jeopardy as a result? deadn

The best possible thing that could happen to the churches in every nation would be to become as aliens and count as nothing. Would this amount to persecution? No I don't think so. It would be no more that what we are in reality…strangers and sojourners. In that place we would both know who we are in Christ and how to serve one another. All talk would be put aside and boasting would fall to the ground. Reality of faith in Christ would become normal. Then we would consider whether to even marry, have children and so on. The end would come quickly and this dreadful world would become the kingdom of heaven by Christ descending to the Holy Mountain. A year would be as a day and a day as a thousand years. Time would stand still and our affections would be lost in the knowledge of Christ.

2013/6/12 14:11

Re:

Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death and you will be hated by "all nations" for my name's sake. (Mat. 24:9)

And this is the reality of the times we are living in. Persecution is not something that occurred only in the time of Nero. But it is a horrific reality in the hear and now. Also persecution is not something that is limited to Nigeria or N. Korea. But it is here in America. And it will only intensify.

While the black vans are not pulling up in front of our homes yet and pulling off those whose names are on the red list. Persecution in America is coming in devious and sophisticated ways.

We see ever so subtle the name of Jesus Christ being marginized out of the work place. Where it is acceptable to speak the name of Mohammed or Buddha, speak the name of Jesus Christ and you will be repriminded or even fired.

Christian students are being expelled out of their degree programs in secular universities because of their stand for Jesus Christ. Indeed in said universities preferrental treatment will be given to LBGT groups while Christian groups are censored or expelled.

Can anyone see John MacArthur or Paul Washer being hauled away in hand cuffs. What of new hate crime laws that forbid pastors from preaching in the Bible that homosexuality is a sin. Canada already has such laws in place.

What of home Bible studies being fined by towns and communities because they are not zoned for a church. It is perfectly alright to have a weekly football party in these communities but not a weekly Bible study.

Saints I could go on. But we live in a nation that hates Christ. Though this nation is not yet so overt in its hatred if Christ.

And before you decry the FEMA camps as myth. There was a time when we imprisoned Americans in camps without due process. The time was WWII. FDR signed an executive order that imprisoned American Japanese without due process. Google it. This is historical fact. Not fantasy. So forum please don't tell me it can't happen again.

I am not trying to evoke fear but to sound an alarm. Far more godly men than I such as David Wilkerson, Art Katz, Steve Lawson, Paul Easher, and Denny Kenniston have been warning of persecution coming to America. But some seem to think that persecution in America itself is an urban myth.

Brothers and sisters you cannot stick your heads in the sand and think that I am snorting Arkansas shine telling you this. Persecution is here and will get worse. The question is will we prepare for it by grounding ourselves in Jesus Christ through his word and prayer.

Posted by Bearmaster.

2013/6/12 21:03

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy