SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Prophetic statement by Carter Conlon about SermonIndex

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
staff

Re:

hi Allboard,
very profound
im singing boney m as we speak!
staff

2013/6/13 18:50Profile
PQ

Europe

Re: Prophetic statement by Carter Conlon about SermonIndex

I agree with Pastor Carter Conlon.

The Church is and will always be the Body of Christ. And the LORD is coming for His Church without spot or wrinkles. Glory!

pq*

2013/6/13 19:42Profile
turn

USA

Re:

REMEMBER the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me. - Isaiah 46:9

BUT I WOULD NOT HAVE YOU TO BE IGNORANT, brethren... - 1 Thessalonians 4:13

You beloved, REMEMBER the words which were previously declared by the apostles of our Master Jesus Christ; How that they told you there would be mockers in the last time, who would walk after their own ungodly lusts. - Jude 1:17-18

2013/6/13 23:28Profile
allaboard

Re:

Neh 8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.
Neh 8:9 And Nehemiah, which is the Tirshatha, and Ezra the priest the scribe, and the Levites that taught the people, said unto all the people, This day is holy unto the LORD your God; mourn not, nor weep. For all the people wept, when they heard the words of the law.

What if all the preachers stopped telling cute jokes and stories on Sunday along with their "outstanding" 3 point sermons delivered with perfect elocution and just read the Scriptures? Do you think that would be enough for people that have the Holy Spirit? Or would they fall asleep from boredom?

2013/6/14 0:03Profile
elias7291

Los Angeles

Re:

It seems like two differing opinions are present on this thread.

2013/6/14 0:34Profile
dohzman

Re:

Carter Conlon does a lot of travel, and therefore sees God working around the world in great power. From his perspective these days are just as good as the old days.

Very insightful observation. We have many African ministers come over and speak, the close relationship we are afforded by this allows us to see first hand some dynamics that exists in their lives that the average Western Christian does not possess. Their prayer and fasting life seems to be very life and death, by that I mean very intense. Here is an example, Pastor peter came over and had no immediate speaking engagements outside of a few we had arranged. He came and did nothing but pray and fast for 3 days straight a 24/7 prayer watch in the church sanctuary calling out to the Lord. What i witnessed after that I could write a book on. That said, the simple devotion by these men and women of God have such a devotion to the Word of God and prayer and fasting it is amazing, many of them are DD's and very well educated, but their preaching is very straight forward and extremely searching. That is just a personal and close first hand account.

2013/6/14 4:45Profile
allaboard

Re:

Carter Conlon seems to have a focus on the God of the "NOW" who has not changed from the God of Yesterday. God's Spirit is still able to conform men to Christ making men faithful and courageous. We may not see it happening around us but at least we should step up and heed the Lord's call.

2013/6/14 8:34Profile
Renoncer

Re:

Well, if you remember, Carter Conlon rebuked people at the SermonIndex conference in Atlanta for being more concerned about judging the Church, rather than being about the Lord's work.

The Lord used his rebuke to wake me up. I was there at the conference in Georgia, hoping to find a powerful work of God. I was shocked to see that it was no different than the churches that are constantly being judged by people on SermonIndex. I was quite disillusioned, not to mention the fact that I was part of a charismatic prayer group that made prophecies that never came to pass (according to Deuteronomy 18:20-22, these were false prophets).

So, perhaps we need to receive such rebukes with open hearts, recognizing that God accomplishes His work through fallible human beings. They will fail; they will fall. But God nonetheless continues to build His Church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it, though the accuser keeps attacking her.

Praise God for His patience and mercy towards such sinners as we are.
In Christ,
Renoncer

2013/6/14 12:50Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy